suggestion cash cap

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toddler, May 29, 2021.

1. Proxystar #Perception

We're talking about the subscription benefits that exist here and now. If the developers come up with some other way to entice players to subscribe then that's not a problem.

If they want to take away the cash cap and alleviate the frustration because they think they've done enough to provide enough of an incentive then that's entirely up to them as well :)

Escrow tokens aren't ever supposed to be economic nor were they ever, they're there to provide an option for a player that might only want a one off access to their cash without subbing, it's priced prohibitively like that on purpose to also again, make people sub ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

But people don't enter content with exactly $3000 in in-game cash. If they could be guaranteed to do so (i.e. with a higher cash cap), then your figures would be unassailable. As it is, they are not. People still die in event content because they aren't geared for it. The stats buff can't save everyone :D.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, I mean yeah I guess and I'm not wanting to sound all "git gud" but at a certain point there has to be some personal accountability here right?

The other thing with event content is that of course the portals never close, so you could always go back and repair and just re enter the fight no issues.

In terms of entering with $3000, sure but premium players could be carrying around stacks of soders and even interfaces they could sell (they can now buy those for $2,000 each and sell them back later) they might not have the cash up front but they should always be entering content with inventory items capable of converting readily in to cash, that's only sensible.
    • Like x 3
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Right now, I don’t want to see any new perks/removed restrictions for non-members.

We are in a transitional situation where those of us who do pay for membership have had our biggest perk opened up to the whole player base pending launch of the new membership structure later this year. It’s already left a lot of existing members questioning whether to continue to pay their subscription in the meantime, and of course, when difficult yet fair questions are asked by the community - such as exactly why should I pay for my sub when you’ve given the new DLC for free - we are accustomed to eating static from the devs.

Now is simply not a time where asking for further erosion of member benefits is likely to be either popular or successful.
    • Like x 5
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes, but I'd prefer to have new players find their experience manageable rather than unmanageable. And using their limited cash to spend on the early game stuff they need, rather than having to store soders. I know that's how WE did it, and I wouldn't think it too much of a stretch that somewhere in the design of the Bottled City Soder was the idea that people could now stockpile Extremes more easily, but at the end of the day, a single failed run (so you get no cash reward at the end) shouldn't put a new player out of commission for a couple of days. To be fair, I'm not sure that an elevated cash limit would solve those kind of problems - but it would certainly mitigate against one bad day?
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

Note also, that the majority reason behind an increased cash cap in the last - what? - five threads we've had on this? - is repair costs. That's a fairly strong indication of what the problem is.
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

Actually, it's exactly the time - whilst everything is in flux, and the Devs are settling on a new Membership model. Because you are not eroding benefits that have yet to be settled.

Would you give up the cash cap, if it was replaced by a much stronger incentive for Members, for instance?

This is the conversation I would prefer to be having.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'd be open to deliberation.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

That's why I would never recommend a new player play as premium, me personally I'd be recommending they sub for a few months get a feel for the game, earn some money, see how they like it and then if they think they can deal with the restrictions then drop down, but playing with restrictions in the first place, at least in my view isn't going to lead to a very pleasant initial experience in the first place.

Notwithstanding actually that a player whose made it all the way to end game, if they have with restrictions, probably has gained some experience by then as to how to deal with them.
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not against the idea of discussing the cash cap and an alternative perk, but it would have to be ready to go up front and be of extreme perpetual ongoing value.

It would literally have to be something that says to me, this benefit is something you cannot go without every month, forever.
    • Like x 2
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

That isn’t what the original post was about. That’s what I was replying to. The original post. The OP wasn’t asking “and what can we give members to compensate for this further erosion of the value of membership”, or seeking an open discussion about member perks. There is/was a thread created by the devs for the type of discourse you’re describing. I’m not saying that suggestions can’t be made outside that thread, I’m saying that this wasn’t any such suggestion.

Moreover, something reciprocal for members could be suggested in a thread like this one and gain 500 likes and I’d still bet against it being implemented either in the short term or as part of the new structure. This is because I don’t think the devs understand the player experience and what matters to the most committed players. Again I’m going to cite the game’s producer last week refusing to rule out putting skill points on the marketplace and the universal disgust and dismay from long term, dedicated players, that would greet such a move. Some reciprocal suggestion would be looked at through the prism of “will this get people logging in more often and/or for longer gaming sessions?” These guys think they’re running a social media platform, not a video game.
    • Like x 2
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

again, no. if premium players want "the slightest alleviation" they can pony up for a membership like everyone else. & if they can't be arsed to do that, then they can live within the consequences of their own decision.
    • Like x 4
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How exactly are you so sure of this??? Did you ask everyone who is subbed?? Did you at least ask 100 random players??? Honestly answer the question, how are you so sure that people subbed up for more than the lifting of the cash restriction??? You never asked me. And guess what, that cash restriction was the primary reason I subbed up back in 2012. Before you say anything, no...that's not a lie or something i'm making up to prove a point.

Now, it's true that I have remained subbed up for more than just the cash cap removal, but it's still the number one reason why I remain subbed up. And btw, there are plenty of people who would drop their subs if the current cash restrictions were raised to be a bit more comfortable. The fact that people with subs are defending a cash cap raise is proof of that. Sure, there might be one or two altruistic players looking out for the underdog...but let's be real here, most people supporting this idea are doing it because they would benefit.

Most people complaining hard about this game are subscribers. With episodes becoming free, the only thing stopping them from just dropping their subs is the cash cap. A lot of them could care less about the broker, and could live comfortably if they could repair with ease and buy R&D items. Until they unveil a membership plan that can replace the value of unrestricted cash, this conversation is basically dead. And if you honestly think we're wrong about people dropping subs if restrictions are loosened, you're lying to us and yourself.
    • Like x 7
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You can disagree all you'd like. Obviously the company over the past 9 years has thought otherwise. Of course that could change once they unveil their revised membership plans.
    • Like x 3
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Soon all episodes will be made free to all players. At that point the non-capped cash becomes the only real reason to subscribe.

Vault runs every day? Worthless, if the Vault never drops anything you don't already have.
    MP cash and discount? Worthless, if they never put anything worth buying in the MP.

Same can be said for most of the other benefits.
    • Like x 2
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Exactly this. Everyone is getting access to all episodes which leaves:
    Shield weapon- one time purchase
    Lair System- one time purchase
    Utility Belt- one time purchase
    Unlimited Prometheum Lockbox Unlocks- these have outlived most usefulness
    More Inventory Slots- most of us have already maxed this out
    Form a League- not useful if already in a league
    Free daily Vault Access- this has also mostly outlived its usefulness
    14 Additional character slots- only useful to players with more than 6 characters but can purchase additional slots
    20 Broker slots- already maxed
    36 Additional Bank slots- already maxed

This leaves us with:
    150 Free Replay Badges Monthly
    Unlimited in-game currency
    Trade items and cash
    • Like x 3
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Fixed one little thing there...otherwise spot on.
    • Like x 2
  18. PolarisSylar Committed Player

The cashcap restriction is primary why I subbed up for membership in 2011.
    There a few times over the years I drop. Then, later when there time for cashcap restriction I subbed again for legendary membership. Look I'm still playing dcuo. If dcuo remove that as a membership benefit like most I drop, becuase it lessen legendary status.
    So. Yeah cashcap is there for a reason for dcuo company
    • Like x 4
  19. Shalayah Committed Player

Yeah if you die 1x the repair costs are extremely low. If you as the player are letting your gear break knowing that repairing the gear is expensive. It’s kinda on you as the player. Y’all don’t got the luxury to let your gear completely break and then completely repair it. Stop acting like it. Also most members themselves don’t let repair costs reach a certain level.
    • Like x 1
  20. Shalayah Committed Player

Since Episodes are pretty much gonna become free. My only reason to sub is the broker game and the unlimited cap. Now if I stopped caring about the broker game. I’d have zero reasons to sub if cash cap restrictions were lifted…. I don’t care about the membership discounts or the vault/stabilizer runs since I buy stabilizers in a bulk as is and vault is only useful for extra artifact xp.
    • Like x 1