suggestion cash cap

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toddler, May 29, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I agree that waiting till your gear is in the 'red' zone is a mistake, but I'll pull you in when one of my premiums is going for 'Chain linked' in bombshell, and see how you react when I have to fly back to spawn each time it's a wipe...or maybe I'll ask for more repair bots each time. Part of the issue is NOT that premiums don't want to do, or can't do these things....but many of the members don't allow for it. Maybe not you...maybe you would be super patient...but then you would be the exception. The cap/repair issue can be as big of a hassle for members as it is for premiums in these cases.

Personally I never have an issue as I keep some repair bots and keep enough probiotics for 4 or 5 rounds of full repairs, but it's a scenario that DOES come up. FGS is a long, long haul back to spawn and a chance of a wipe in a pug group on Zeus is very real. And let's not even get started on OW bounties. Busted a lot of gear there. So you 'could' go back and repair each time, risking losing credit for the kill count....or you zoom back quick and take some more hits, maybe further busting your gear. DD is forgiving on this...WV and LL, BOP, M1 and 2...JLD...were not.

Your facts do indeed work out....assuming a perfect world where you won't lose credit, get locked out of the run, kicked or have people leave. We do not live or game in a perfect world though so sometimes it's not possible.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok, well now I have to take the other side (even though I'd be good with a cash cap raise a few K myself...on my premiums). If you get 100% busted gear and have 0 dollars, you can get yourself re-filled by running any number of daily missions in AF3, WTV/TTA51, RWC, Starro, Atalantis, DD metro, JLD, Titans and can do it completely naked if you are on an endgame toon using just powers artis and augs. Past JLD you'd have to be a bit geared up(weapon at least), but there are plenty of quick cash grabs you can get once your failed run is over. This won't help during a run, but anyone who is sitting out for days due to busted gear really needs to learn how the game works. I know that equates to 'get gud'....but there are a TON of easy cash grabs.
    • Like x 3
  3. Toddler Level 30

easily said not so easily done try running clock tower when peolpe can't seeem to listen and stay away form the other color
  4. Toddler Level 30

not actally have you seen some of the stuff in the brokers much of it is selling for Million
  5. Toddler Level 30

yah the problem with that plan is those stack doing run out and then find yourself in touble cause then you cant repair
  6. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

Just buy legendary bro. It saved me alot of headaches because I couldn't deal with the cash cap. If funds are tight I get it, otherwise it makes you look cheap not being legendary and wanting better perks.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We're not discussing the broker. We're discussing cost of repairs.
    • Like x 1
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

And they drive away casual players who may have decided to spend money in the store, even if they didn't buy a membership. This kind of thing cuts both ways.
  9. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I will give you the best sugestion you could ask for. Don't bother, trying to change how escrow works. Some active paying subscription players refuse to see a more inclusive economy, while there little interest to no interest for dcuo to change it either. Aton of players already came with 2001 ideias how this escrow penalization could be address to no avail.
    Im currently playing an online mmorpg that is entirely free, I wont say the name cause is against rules, but I advice you to do the same. Instead of a subscription base system it generates revenue with battle passes and with time capsule system.
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

There are loads of ways to get round the cash cap, but I agree it is too low for Premium and F2P. I'm Legendary, so this isn't about my needs. There was a point where you could not buy some items as F2P because they were over the cap (Gear from Events etc.).

The cash cap model needs looking at, and I concur with most that until the revised Membership benefits are announced, we're probably pissing in the wind - but nevertheless, this is exactly the time to be asking for increased benefits *as long as they do not chew too deeply into the Legendary reward space*.
  11. Toddler Level 30

true but increase the cap dose take away all the limition it just help make it easier to repair but there tons of thing that it leave a person wanting like things in the broker