Stop changing rules mid-game!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FrankDma1962, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spytle, this!

I've had my inventory and bank maxed out since the end of my first month, and it became a strain by the time of Home Turf. It's now immensely annoying how much gear and trinkets and consumables and r&d material and drops and collections and junk take up in your inventory no matter how much you bank and ruthlessly weed or how constantly you speed to the R&D station to salvage or broker to sell, or even just trash immediately.

Please let us buy something on the order of another 20-30 slots in both Inventories and Banks. I'll pay more on the Marketplace for another boost. But please?

How you expect us to get any pleasure from the fun trinkets when we can barely cart around the stuff we need, I don't know. I have to keep most of mine in the bank. That's really not as much fun as it's cracked up to be.

Thanks, and I know it's just another item in an endlessly long list. Keep pushing that boulder up the mountain, and at least some of us appreciate it, is all I can say. That, and happy Holiday Season to you and all the devs and players and kittens and puppies and unicorns everywhere.
    • Like x 2
  2. Death Throe New Player

I have never had to use PvP gear to do PvE content while leveling up or otherwise. I have no idea what you are talking about. I have seen others gear up in PvP gear to do content such as the HT open world missions. I never felt the need to do so.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mary Bliss Committed Player

It's true though we had pvp cr 34 gear in the reactor core, from day 1, for cash though, correct ?

If you made an overview from beta till now, the availability of pvp items would be 3x365:1.

3 years where you could do it
    1 day where suddenly it's piracy ?

1095:1

Passing it off as loop hole someone magically found and ruined the whole game exploiting ? Really ?

It's a level 30 weapon you haven't put in the game yet come on now really

The only thing to take note of here is wasting time on taking something so irrelevant away from people which has zero meaning minus wasting time in itself and annoying them.

If you have a solution for next year may not start the problem until then ?
  4. Solutha New Player

I would but I can't seem to find the submitt feed back tab on the PS4. Was it taken out?
  5. Spytle Executive Creative Director

[quote="Evil Leaper <snip> [/quote]

@Evil Leaper

In said post, you are ignoring the actual subject my response addressed - which tried to make an argument that aimbots, no clip hacks, and other cheats, are fine. You're take away shows you aren't reading what is being discussed. You are inserting your own errant tangents and acting like it was part of the original conversation.

So, yes, I sometimes find myself questioning how they possibly arrive at their various rationales. /shrug
    • Like x 3
  6. Hawkboy Well-Known Player

Thanks man! Love the game, play just about every day, but even Hawkboy can't run FOS1 anymore hoping for Avatar Infiltrator gear. :)
  7. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Sigh. This has already been discussed here. That cash gear and the current cash gear are vastly different.
    • Like x 1
  8. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

this is the thing, this is not mid game at all, if anything within the past year this game took off !
    look at the dlcs we got, player housing, t5, most if not all storys from the level up process has been finished. not, the real game begins. this is the definition point of DCUO, this is where we say, well big bad brain boy is dead, whats gona help or hinder the universe next ? circes war against the amazons ? the war of light, or darksied and the new gods. This is an MMO, constantly changing, so for them to "stop changing the rules mid game" would mean that they would have to stop exploring there options to better and improve the game that, Most, enjoy playing. lets take a look back into the past, anyone remember chris Cao ? what did we get whit him has Creative director ? bludhaven. thats about all i can remember. that fact that jens and his team have done more in 1 year than chris cao did in 2 is mind blowing. if you dont want them to change the rules than maybe this game into for you. like i said, its an MMO, constantly expanding and improving. but the dis-hearting fact that people cant see that and claim that glitches and hack arent game breaking is the exact reason why it needs to change. how many people were able to bug the loot system before the loot update ? i recall getting tons of loot from the OPPS in hand of fate, stemming from that and from future bugs, the new loot system was updated into game and is again being improved apon.

jens, keep doing what your doing. what youve done and are doing for this game is great, i dont think theres a better way to describe that.
    • Like x 1
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yeah, but the stats made it more or less unthinkably stupid to use it in PvE until the new PvP system started, when it became merely stupid.

God, people, there's nothing whatever complicated about the idea that you're intended to, should, and are best off, using PvE gear in PvE and PvP gear in PvP. That's all there is to it and it's all that should be necessary to say,

People are complaining about a non-problem. I grant that it's ignorance creating these perceptions, but ignorance is easily curable without berating others and without expressing it as a club.
  10. Neph Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  11. thelostczarnian New Player

thats it right there. get rid of cash gear and use pvp helmets than grant basic pvp stats as a baseline only while in an arena. its about the only option with out changing the pvp progression during level up phase.
  12. Spytle Executive Creative Director

We would still keep the cash gear, not everyone wants to play the role their PvE gear is meant for. besides, we have a plan for style progression, and the cash gear factors into that. We just want to make it that PvE gear functions, but puts you at the bottom of the ladder. Thanks for the feedback...ya bastich!
    • Like x 6
  13. Mary Bliss Committed Player

Same question again, how can you cheat "the rules of the game" and "progression", when the item level is 30 Cr ?

Where is the loop hole and who is getting hurt, how do you exploit time gated content with a level 30 Cr weapon ? How do you cheat and pirate the game with a level 30 Cr weapon ?

You used to be able to skip up to 34 Cr pvp gear, now you tell me I don't make any sense because you it's not about skipping levels ?

Well same question again, how do you exploit in pve again, where is the stealing and the piracy and the broken game features etc. etc you were talking about
    • Like x 1
  14. Jamie New Player

Couldn't the same thing be said when armor is left out of the loot tables for 4 months with no official acknowledgment of their exclusion? You knew players would buy replay badges at the chance to earn gear and you let them believe that they had a chance to earn it. The only way to get that armor was to have a GM give it to you. All I'm saying is that before you act all high and mighty you need to make sure that you aren't guilty as well. The dev's cheated players so some players feel that it is only fair to cheat the game to make things even.
    • Like x 1
  15. thelostczarnian New Player

anytime and thank for the month of legendary. finally got to see t5 content with the new textures. any possibilty of slaping some new pieces into the 1 mark of triumph vendors with a cr of 34 just like the gear. im talking weapons rings neck and mask and maybe that "break out trinket" they asked about earlier. wouldnt that help with everyones problem of not using pvp in pve? i know that even back when this game first went free to play, the first stop after hitting lv 30 was to grab a blood bat weapon...not for stats but for the dps level. this would fill that gap
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Assuming, arguendo, that you're correct that the Devs Did Players Wrong, did your parents teach you that two wrongs make a right?

Did they teach you "he did it first!" was a valid justification for anything?

I would hope not, but you never know.
    • Like x 3
  17. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

thats horrible logic, Devs make mistake, not to throw him under the bus but jens didnt realize we had a pool que rack and no table:rolleyes:

but to think that because devs screw up gives you the right to hack/cheat/exploit the game is mind numming
    • Like x 4
  18. Spytle Executive Creative Director

We've stated what was going on with those pieces. Regardless, unless various players were time traveling from the Nexus before the content was released, that reasoning doesn't really excuse the countless glitches, cheats and exploits that have been reported by players long before traces in time was a glint in anyone's eye.

Stop trying to rationalize that two wrongs (whatever combinations you choose to come up with) make a right...they do not.
    • Like x 5
  19. shadwfyre New Player

Ok, stick with me here, so I'm leveling up & get to level 9. Now I see some gear from a pulsar(as a hero) that has good stats and doesn't say it should only be used for PvP(the rings or necklace). Not the armor as I see it doesn't have defense.
    Then, at level 14, even better rings or necklace and WEAPONS!! These are great as they have better DPS & stats. Armor still not good for PvE as no defense.
    Same at level 19 and level 24.
    So what the game is teaching is that rings, necklaces & weapons(later trinkets) bought from the PvP vendor are ok to use in PvE.

How is that cheating as it is what the game is teaching you?
    BTW, I have no problem disabling L30+ PvP gear if it is unbalancing, HOWEVER, disabling <L30 gear that has been in game for 1+YEARS is a problem.

PS on GW2 dungeons, they will give you nightmares!! IT's like the old everquest days sometimes.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mary Bliss Committed Player

I just don't see the comparison to stealing, exploting, cheating and piracy.

There weren't any items to get for people coming on level 30 so they bought pvp 30 Cr.

So what, we had pvp cr 34 since beta.

You even have people saying it's a disadvantage to go pvp so who is it cheating again ?

People are skipping some t1 grinding that goes against the time gate metrics ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.