Stem's Guide To Celestial Healing

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Stem, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Mistress of Magic Well-Known Player

Just finished solo-healing Necro~ wearing full DPS gear and pretty much ONLY using Malediction to heal. It was a lot of fun. My group had 4 dps, and I placed 3rd on the scoreboard. I was also clipping benediction and anoint.

I had admonish and divine light on my power tray for "just in case" moments.
    • Like x 3
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

So.. my first experiences with T6 alerts and Battlehealing:
    Ran the Leaguehall alert today with a Tank, Dps, Troll, and Heal (well this was me ;))
    Stats:
    resto 5k
    prec 1,2k
    mixed gear
    Weapon: DW to Bow

Loadout:
    Renew, Admonish(AcB), CS, DL, Male(McB), Blessing

Renew and Admonish are nice to clip and give some big heals if needed.
    DL is a rescue heal and i used it not very often in this Alert (just for the AoE fire at last boss)
    Male (McB) was doing nice work
    Blessing was the hero, when the AoE spam of the last boss starts!!

The Alert was doing well and we did it to the last boss without problems (ok 1dps and tank does take some time but it was smooth).
    At the boss it was a bit hard and we had to try a 2nd time. BUT this was not healing problem. The boss stunned me and then set his fire AoE on me, the group didn't notice that i was dead.

The 2nd try was nice, and we defeated the boss.
    My Changes to the Loadout are:
    Lifedrain for CS --> used CS about 2 times and LD is a nice Heal. CI doesn't do that big damage in the T6 alert for me as healer. CG is nice too.. maybe i'll test both.

New Loadout:
    Renew, Admonisch (AcB), DL, Blessing, Male(McB), LD or CG

Tilz
  3. Requake Dedicated Player

Just run healer gear and mod red and yellow sockets with resto&prec gg
  4. Astrea New Player

I switched to Celestial today and have a question about Consume Soul. Is this just a fire-and-forget HoT or is there more to it. The description (consuming and freeing souls...etc) made me unsure.
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Its a bread and butter H.o.T
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Without tanks In Themyscira Divided I use Renew, Admonish, Consume Soul, Malediction, Divine Light, Consecrated Ground.
    Try it out. May work for you. It uses very little power.
    And its justgravy healing all around.

I may not be as good as Remander but I do have experience :)
  7. Astrea New Player

I know. I was asking for is if you simply cast it and then forget it til you need to again or if it's like Soul Well where you can proc more heals if you kill stuff. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Actually yeah. Just cast it then wait a lil bit then recast.
    And no. It doesn't work like soul well.
  9. Tilz Loyal Player

hehe..yeah I battleheal atm...
    Using: AcB,DL, Blessing, Anoint, McB, LD

Or

AcB, Renew, DL, Blessing, MdB, LD

I use Blessing because i Love shields... and this loadouts work well at tue T6 Alberts and everything unser T6.
    Blessing is a lifesaver at LH

Tilz
  10. nalgasdlemur Level 30

So I started a new Celestial character at the beginning of the summer after not playing since 2011, and I've been having a good time running pretty much a straight up battle healer build from 30 to T5 (where I am now), taking my time and seeing all the content I missed while I was gone. It's worked out great, and after a little fiddling around early on I settled on a loadout I kept using for a long time:

McB, AcB, Anoint, Blessing, Renew, DL

It felt a little weird having no SC at first (although I did use CI earlier on), but it's been really smooth without it and adjusts well to both low power use in crappy PUGs with no trolls (McB, you are so efficient) or higher power use in more balanced groups.

I guess my question and why I'm here is to see how people feel about Anoint after the nerf a few weeks back. It definitely needed to happen because it was super broken, but I've been debating how useful it still is and can't really decide.
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

Used this Loadout a few days. I liked it, but i use prefer a Supercharge instead of Renew or Anoint (depends on group and there suicid love).
    Anoint is not a beast power, but it gives a decent boost for prec and resto AND is a nice damage modifier.
    You can use it or replace it with a SC (I use LD as emergency heal, CI or CG are also very good).
    With Anoint you're a bit more aggressive.

Tilz
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

That's my current battle healer loadout, except I drop Renew for CI. I've found the burst of Admonish is enough. When I need big heals, I clip with DL.
  13. nalgasdlemur Level 30

My main reason for hanging onto Renew has been not so much for healing but for clipping other stuff. It almost never makes sense to cast Renew as a heal, but it really speeds things up for me if I can afford to throw it in after things like McB or Anoint. Is there a better/different way around that without it, or do you just have to suck it up?
  14. IcexKingx New Player

Which is more efficient battle healing or standard hearing
  15. nalgasdlemur Level 30

Nothing comes remotely close to the healing/power cost of McB (aside from SCs that don't cost power). You can run equal-level alerts with no troll with it as your main heal without even having to use sodas/supply drops at all, although I wouldn't try doing raids that way. It's a bit riskier than the normal way of doing things, but it's fun doing something different for a change.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tilz Loyal Player

Right! You can heal without a troll leading MdB...
    I prefer pure heals for soling raids... with 2 heals you can battleheal
    • Like x 1
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

For me in the new content for now, im playing a passive aggressive loadout because I find dps love suicide.
    So to heal the stupidity, McB, Blessing (with Deathmark), Consume Soul, Divine Light, Admonish, Renew... thats my loadout.
    The Deathmark heal is huge and with Renew into cleansed curse, on a dying target.. yeesh.
    McB just becomes too much but hey, it keeps the team happy with being full and not budging.

If im being aggressive in all dps gear.. (with this I spec into resto and the innates regardless)
    ScH, Divine Light, RcW, McB, CG, Admonish.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

This is usually my approach, as well. If I'm solo, that means there's an extra DPS and the burn will be just fine.
  19. IcexKingx New Player

How does power healing work?
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

power healing? I think you mean battlehealing.

The idea is that you run a hybrid gear (or full dps) and you can do alot of damage. With this damage you can heal your group.
    Most important power for this is McB (Malediction cBenediction).

I hope you mean battleheal ;)