Stem's Guide To Celestial Healing

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Stem, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Cadens Dedicated Player

So I am just supposed to say that your load out is amazing, and not post in this thread any differing view?
    • Like x 1
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

If that's what you're reading this is all pointless.
    • Like x 1
  3. Cadens Dedicated Player

I don't think you handle a differing opinion very well. I pointed out its weakness, and the misinformation given in this thread. It was being passed along that this was a group heal, when in fact it was not.

MY OPINION: PLEASE NOTE THIS IS OPINION

As was stated in this thread, higher end content = 1-2 hit kills. Even adds will drop you in 1-2 hits, so burst healing is the only way to go. Your healing method using malediction was not assisting you in keeping anyone alive, given the above factors. You cannot time a heal properly with malediction to the point of saving someone from a 2 hit kill. There is a set timer to the heal, and it may never go off in time to save someone. Given that this only hits the closest 3 people to you, the tank will surely never get it unless you are dangerously close to him. Therefore, the tank is the only person who should be taking damage unless someone is standing in an orb (paradox as my example). When adds come up, you have no choice but to use admonish /blight, DL, consume soul, renew. This healing method simply is not facilitating your healing in any way that will consistently keep people alive. Plus, you cannot switch targets of who it is healing, so while you have to throw main heals to counter spike damage, these ticks wont even happen. You are stuck healing the same 4 people with this power for the duration of its effect. Given that you need to stop doing damage to heal for spike damage on the tank etc, throw heals, use a cola, avoid a charge, block, etc etc etc.... these heals will most likely never be hitting for a decent amount.

Fun factor, ill agree - this is fun to try. I personally would only use it for alerts where you are guaranteed everyone gets the heals from it. In a raid scenario your success rate would be higher with a pure healing load out, than using the "battle healer" load out.

If the heal was an entire raid group heal, this conversation would be quite different.

Bottom line is, the chances of this power actually healing someone who needs the heal is very small. You cannot dictate who gets the weapon buff, other than your closest allies.

From a damage standpoint, every little bit helps on a raid. I guess we differ in that aspect. You think the heals are aspect of this load out that are benefiting your runs... I lean more towards the damage you are doing. When push come to shove, these heals, in my opinion, are not what is allowing you, or even assisting you to solo heal Dox. You will still heavily rely on DL, Renew, CS, admonish/blight because they are more predictable, able to counter burst damage, and able to be applied to different targets based on HEALTH, not proximity.

/opinion over
  4. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Understand That JEEBIE's build is for EXPERIENCED Celestial healers. If you're not fully experienced I DO NOT recommend you use it, use Remander's build or The Strictly Healer which includes CS which will hit everyone with a HOT. Also as a reminder it is RARE that EVERYONE takes damage constantly so Half of the group that Needs the HOT will get it, if others need a heal Retribution may hit them OR you can utilize the burst heals of Admonish and that's just to get started, you still have a 4 man shield PLUS Divine Light.

So if you do not Understand or find that the Battle build is not adequate then that's why the Strictly healer Loadout is there. Eventually It'll get too easy/boring that is where the two other builds come in, to damage and heal.
    • Like x 1
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

^^ So so true and really all that needs to be said.

I can battle heal through Ravenger with an Earth tank not having ot use any burst heals. It works, it's practical, it's just not for everyone.
  6. Black Stem Well-Known Player

(Not to rain on the parade but.. xD) Earth Tanks are beast on the Ravager. Each Swipe hit between 1700-2000 With absorption up. I personally Tanked Ravanger with all power types. Ice = 4k hits BUT they have shields, Fire = around 4-6k i believe i forget xD (Been a while)
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Aye, Ice tanks I'll do something like clipping Retribution with renew or what not. With good/great Ice tanks I can still do mostly battle healing but when reflection isn't up I have to slip a few admonish or renew in there.
    • Like x 1
  8. Xzotix Committed Player

Do you combo these moves or straight-up powers? ScH/RcW?
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Smite /Retribution always combo. Their might damages are like 24 base, which is on par with movement mode powers... so pretty pitiful as far as might damage is concerned.
    • Like x 1
  10. aceCase Committed Player

Thanks everyone for all the info on here. I just switched to celestial, never healed before and this guide has been very helpful to me. Was just wondering what you guys do for healing in pvp. Do you pretty much have the same setup?

edit: And while on the subject of pvp, what are the powers vulnerable to? Like are the combos vulnerable to block, lunge?
  11. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Unfortunately I Do NOT Heal PVP, I DPS it. With that being said, I'm sure someone else who has helped put this guide has. I appreciate your feedback and have fun with this unique Healer power!
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Battle healing is actually great for PvP. I don't do a ton of arenas, but when I have, I've used more of a battle healer build.
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Death Mark to Blessing combo is great in PVP, some burst damage as well as a second shield. That is if you're not getting debuffed constantly... so it's more for random queuing and praying you don't run in to someone that planned for a healer.

Other than that all the healer builds carry over well to PVP. I battle heal for the most part, depending on Admonish/retribution to heal me through the use of Malediction. But you can go full healer, and for premades I'd recommend that but with Malediction in there. Using Renew/DL/Admonish(combo for when you have time to) to heal and keep malediction up for the heals just from your attacking. If you find yourself kiting you could drop Malediction for Consume Soul though.

My setup for DPS is typically Malediction, OPEN, Blessing, Admonish, Retribution, Consecrated Grounds.

CG is just amazing in PVP, 12s of very little damage. Blessing is something I swap out in more competative situations as it does nothing when I'm debuffed. I've gotten Consume soul before instead of blessing so I could run that, admonish, and retribution with malediction pumping out tons of damage.

As for counters, basically the last imput defines it. You'll become vulnerable after the second combo in the chain. So say you do CS combo in to Admonish combo, the admonish combo you will become vulnerable to inturrupt. Retribution would be inturrupt, malediction inturrupt, CS melee, Deathmark melee, Blessing Melee, Smite melee.

I do find it a little wonky, sometimes they dont' show up right, other times they show up when I thought they shouldn't, but that's generally how they work.

I hope that helps, but please keep the conversation going. Maybe we can get Stem some info to toss on the frontpage to help people out.
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Ohh also to add. I generally PVP in full DPS gear. I use the malediction returns to pump out some pretty respectable heals. Doing so though i lose all burst heal strength, esp when debuffed. So I'm not a true healer in this stance, I'm an addition. I take pressure off the healer, or can do some healing in situations where they aren't there, but it's NOT a healer.

I find it an interesting hybrid though. Fun, Powerful, but overall unreliable. It's not something you want to run in a premade without full understanding of what it is. Constant inturrupts can render my healing almost pointless and really inturrupt damage because of the reliance on combos. And by being in healer stance I've put a target on my chest for focus fires. That said though, by doing that you've taken pressure off the real healer making for a very smooth survival.
  15. Black Stem Well-Known Player

My Idea would be to Drop CS (If you're going full healer to do 5v5 or 4v4's) Because it would seem as too much of a burden to use, due to the fact that it does not last long meaning that power may be an issue. Instead of CS My idea is to throw in Malediction combo to Benediction, because in PVP a healer's job is to give the Tanks hell, so while using Admonish to debuff you can combo for a DOT on the Tanks while Malediction is tic'n away and the damage you do to the team will translate into some heals for your team! Life drain for PVP almost seems Over powered lol. 35% SC that WILL heal your mates up while doing some damage and by the time you use one, proper rotation of supply drops, colas, and sidekick will ensure that you have the power and health to demolish your opponent.

What do you guys think?
  16. Black Stem Well-Known Player

That's how I would go about healing PVP. In terms of a 4v4, 5v5 or 8v8
  17. Pandora Demon New Player

I really do like this guide and I have used the: Battle healer load out and I like it in 4v4 PvP matches; it's also very fun, as I was once a DPS. Thank you, Stem.
    • Like x 2
  18. Black Stem Well-Known Player

No problem but the thanks goes to JEEBIE.
  19. Pandora Demon New Player

Thanks JEEBIE.
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

It was a collaboration of folks over on Villain USPC. Lots of us hopped on celestial right away because it seemed fun, then found it was very very fun and quite powerful.