Stats Revamp 1.3 - Electricity Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

It seems that some of the changes people don't like now that the balance points have been seen. I can always change Electrostatic Bomb and Megavolt back to their longer cooldowns if that feels better than the shorter cooldowns. Based on how much feedback we have already received about DoTs, Voltaic Bolt and Tesla Ball will keep their changes.
    • Like x 2
  2. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Anyway we can get dual pi's on Shockwave? It would give both Polarized and Electrified 2 100 power cost abilities which the Electrified side needs. If not can I please get reasoning behind the reason?
    • Like x 1
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Ebomb is perfect right where it is!!! 3 seconds makes it very usable and one of our best powers.

As for megavolt I'm gonna do some super comparisons laster so I'll give you my feedback on that at a later time. It does seem a bit weak to me though.

Oh and did you catch my data sheets, the links are a page back and I have more if you want to see something I didn't post. Also good job on the balance. Out of the things that work well they are all pretty inline with each other. Thumbs up!
  4. spord Developer

I was just talking to Avair about lowering the cost on Overcharge for a spamming AoE on the Electrified PI side of things. I don't like putting both on Shockwave because it starts making loadouts too similar since Electrocute already does both.
    • Like x 7
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I second this. Sorry we sound like broken records lol but the electrified side needs some love.
    • Like x 2
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Overcharge is blah cause it's not aoe till the 3rd cast so it's not really a good aoe power.

I just read what you said about shock and I kinda agree but we do need something similar to it on the electrified side. Let's make a new power lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Karasawa Loyal Player

This is exactly what I'd like to see. I think Overcharge will see much more use as a 100 cost ability than 200 cost. It will also give the Electrified PI side of things much needed AoE burst and some uniqueness.
    • Like x 2
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

it's not really aoe. You need to use it 3 times to get the aoe and it's really not that good imo. I'd like to see a true aoe burst
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

After sleeping on the changes, I think they are mostly fine. Tesla Ball was a little too good before and even now it still seems a bit better than Voltaic Bolt over 12 seconds. I did prefer it when Voltaic Bolt was more front-loaded and bursty since it fits the animation better, but I can live with the new version. However, since it mostly lost its usefulness as a burst ability would it be possible to make VB do all its damage over 6 seconds instead of 12? That would help compensate for the lost burst.

As for Megavolt, I think its main problem is that enemies can walk out of its field so easily. The change to the initial tick of damage helped a bit but it's still frustrating. Could Megavolt get a damage buff to compensate for it being a field? Or perhaps enlarge the field?

I think Electrostatic Bomb is fine as is.
    • Like x 2
  10. krytine Loyal Player

What about healing
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

You can get it to explode on every 2nd cast by clipping in a range tap on the second cast.
    • Like x 1
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

That's still isn't good enough. We need a true aoe burst. A move like overcharge the way it is would be a loss in dps vs a straight aoe burst.
    • Like x 1
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

MEGAVOLT:
    Leave Megavolt as it IS NOW!!I love the NEW MEgavolt bcuz targets can just move out the way which is a waste, plus i like 18sec cooldown.. You'd be lucky to get a target in the same SPOT for the whole 12second tick. We and the NPC are always on the move, lunging and jumping. The inital first blast makes it worth it. Keep it where its CURRENTLY at..

EBOMB/STATIC PUSH:
    I would suggest to put EBOMB back to 12sec for BURST DOTS,. Those Burst DOTS were SEXY!! EBOMB just cost too much to keep using at 6seconds.. And put back Static push to 12 seconds cooldown. Bcuz it cost too much to use every 6seconds.. Almost 30k power on hybrid build and im usually out of power. Until power management is still looked at.. its just not viable to use static push every 6 seconds at that cost.. either reduce the power cost or put it back to 12seconds

SHOCKWAVE:
    We all agree that it should be Dual PI..

Possibly giving the DOTS ticks similar to plasma retch(rage)?
    I think the electrified PI damage should be increased.. or increase the initial base damage.. 10% doesnt seem enough compared to Polarized side of things.. something is definitely off there..
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

It's good enough. The Electrified PI side already has much better AoE abilities than the Polarized side. If Shockwave also used Electrified then there would be no reason to ever use the Polarized PI side.
    • Like x 1
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The polarized side is better then the electrified as it stands and I'm not saying shock anymore cause i agree with spord that it would make things to similar but we do need something like it.

I like overcharge in theory but you can use a electrified pi and sub in a some polarized powers and do better without even getting the correct pi damage. Overcharge needs some adjustments before it finds its way into one of my loadouts.
    • Like x 2
  16. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Can healer shields be made a pick up?
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I always thought a supercharge that would pick up downed teammates would be cool but if the shield did it that would be a little much.
  18. Karasawa Loyal Player

Personally, I think Overcharge should explode after only 1 ability cast/weapon attack instead of 2. But idk about just making it a straight up clone of shockwave. It's a cool ability; just needs to be a bit more practical to use.
    • Like x 1
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Megavolt is weak at this point. It under performed WAY too much during my testing (video will be up tomorrow with thorough feedback). Tesla Ball was beating it in damage. Was not happy about that.
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I agree here, while i wouldn't want this particular power to be changed into something like shock i would like to see it explode every time it was cast. That would make it a good aoe if adjusted correctly and maybe we can go a step further and after it was cast so many times it could have a single target overcharge explosion to make it useful for bosses.

I like the idea of the power and its uniqueness it just needs some help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.