stat clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dior_XT, Mar 27, 2024.

1. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

There is no comparing being unclamped to speedhacking.

The strength you earn during actual gameplay ... Never mind

I shouldn't have to explain the difference to you.
    • Like x 2
  2. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

The only people that benefit from stat clamps are the unskilled loners that refuse to mic up.
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This is the problem “skill points” “stat points” should have never been locked behind feats and this is something the new creative director should really look into … a much more fair way for good and bad players to obtain skill points would be based on time played though and xp bar that you fill by doing virtually anything in the game. Weighted differently based on content like elite plus raids would be the most xp rewarded upon completion. Picking up exobits or collections would be the least xp obtained. This way everyone can be working on skill points at all times and you’re not at a stalemate when it comes to trying to obtain them cause there is content you simply can’t run. Feats should be fewer and further between and should reward cosmetic items materials auras styles accessories titles etc. those can be your bragging rights. No sp in time capsules won’t kill capsules since people mostly buy them to sell the stuff in them anyway they will still be extremely popular.

As far as the clamp… they just need to loosen it up a bit more to make it easier even if you’re in a bad group .. I like the clamp I don’t wanna see over geared folks come in and leave everyone in the dust like that did before, but I also acknowledge that clamped content shouldn’t be harder than the 3rd end game content. It needs to be easier if anything. While still respecting its mechanics. Early end game Open worlds and instances need to be adjusted and they need to incentivize it more cause I don’t care what the cheerleaders say having content be dead is not good.
    • Like x 4
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I hate the clamp, it should be removed as soon as possible, stupid thing, worst thing ever created.
    • Like x 4
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Indeed, I haven't played lower-populated servers. I think fewer and less interesting episode releases caused a population decline. A game like Dcuo lives from the community. A server with a small population has a small community that isn't necessarily stable. As soon as a popular player quits, another one does as well and all of a sudden you have 10 players quitting because their league is inactive and they don't want to go through the hassle of finding new people to play with.
    Then, if new players hop on the game and see it's not very active (long queue times/slow chat movement) they don't feel like their time will be well invested - especially in an older game and MMO this is a critical factor.

The optional unclamped argument wasn't the initial conversation and only emerged to try and get more sympathy from those who were initially against it. It would be the best of both worlds, however, this takes dev time and not just a bit.

The argument about learning the game wasn't meant to sound like "everyone who played before stat-clamp never learned how to play", but it's about WHEN you learned it.
    With the current system, you'd learn the game properly on the 3rd latest episode released if you chose to only play unclamped until then. That content is already low populated and having non-experienced players mixed with those who simply run that content because they have to catch up is even more frustrating, making both those who know the game become annoyed because they have to carry and those who have to learn become annoyed because they probably get ****-talked in chat or straight up kicked as soon as possible.
    Obviously, this won't always be the case but the community in Dcuo is very judgmental - especially on higher populated servers.
  6. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

yeah, and?
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Okay....you....
    • Like x 1
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

Why? Why would you want to take hard-earned feats away from the people that got them at-level?
    • Like x 2
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

(yet another thread about the clamp)

[IMG]
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Lol... hey, you
    • Like x 1
  11. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

They are completely fine with clamping themselves from reality. From doing many other things and enjoy life and "a job" and not live off friends and family.
    But they don't like clamp on dcuo.
    Maybe, just maybe devs are trying to get players to move on and go out more and funny thing is, people really have been complaining on this game for years and no results. They don't see the point of it maybe, the way devs design it. Addiction and money, to keep them obsessed, to keep them complaining, keep their game alive.
    They don't see that they make themselves do look bad to the women here.
    A guy is at a bar or somewhere for a night out and is he going to talk to ppl about dcuo to the women? Definitely not. Oh wait. Have they gone out?
    To go and be persistent for a job and get more in life as they are persistent here.
  12. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

I miss basements, I been in Texas since 2016.
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Ask the ones who claim they weren't "earned" and now want to gatekeep any obtainment of them going further. Funny they didn't have much response to that, ey?
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I don't disagree.
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

If they have the information on who cheesed the feats and who didn't then why not.
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

My my my. The level of contempt and vitriol flowing here towards fellow gamers who share a different point of view about the clamp is astounding to me. Never once have I denigrated or insulted the pro-clamp side. It's a shame the same courtesy can't be reciprocated. I debate my difference in position in a civil manner without resorted to name calling and belittling those I'm debating against.

I do have a life outside of any game, a very active life. And I do have a job, a well paying job with a nice office on the upper floor with a window, a very lovely view too. I live in my own house. I'm no basement dwelling parasite addicted to anything least of all playing a video game!

I am truly insulted and offended by the comments above.
    • Like x 5
  17. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

I'm talking of ppl that literally complains, over and over. Completely negative.
    Tiffany, you speak your experience and the fundamentals that it affected. You speak valid and knowledgeable and reasonable views.
    The complainers being completely negative and no reason to be valid on feedback and ways to improve the omnibus only to complain. Like angry customers at stores and restaurants instead of making notes on what it is they don't like and what to do better.

Never takes my posts in any ways to relate and even indirectly and any ways of meaning to you.
    Oh and as for a job with nice office and upper floor with a nice view on window?
    That's uh, then you're way up above us, we down below haven't even put effort on first floor yet. For years. We players some reason take dcuo serious.
    Parable saying.
    • Like x 1
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Yes lets look at WoW for example. A PC Only game, built on its own engine from a basically AA at the time studio maintained by a AAA level studio. Please understand, we dont have portals because of the limitations of Console and the coding of the game. Portals nearly broke the game so they limited them or removed them. There is NO DENYING this game wouldnt be where it is if it wasn't for the Console players, PS for sure. But we also have limitations due to Console. Been playing the game since Launch and to this day, its still a PC Port from PS.

Also, Old content was dead WAY before Stat Clamp. Smooth way to try to come over "we need more portals to solo" to pivot hard into a stat clamp thread. I suggest just keeping the conversation in the main stat clamp thread. Stat Clamping certainly should be optional but the better way to do it is to Optionally Level Sync but DCUO isnt there yet and we dont know when or if it'll ever get there.

If the Devs truly cared, they wouldnt do a Poll and they obviously would never do a poll. Instead, they read the forums, they know everything if not ALL the feedback on the stat clamp at this point. Its not just when they have the time, if their tech can do it, and how it should be implemented. I suggest, if you really want to help, pay attention to their career page and apply.
    • Like x 3
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Different means. Same end.

Many people believe the end justifies the means, especially in non-serious things like video games. And from what I gather, y'all are clamoring to be able to kill bosses in 3-5 seconds. No?
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Sometimes when I've seen someone go a little too hard as far as video game complaining, I've told them to be the change that they want to see and offered to send them a list of the best coding & programming schools in their area. Nobody has ever taken me up on that offer.