stat clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dior_XT, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I believe I already answered that, read to the end.

But, no, it's not enough (3 episodes of release) as a player could be using appropriate CR characters in a group. Which is why those other factors should/ would need to be considered.
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

The question was “ can you guys name another successful mmo where there is a stat clamp ?”

I named you two with sources.
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I edited that post but you replied too quickly. If it doesn't bother you, then you are not the same kind of hypocritical gatekeeper as some of the others.

The timestamp will show when the feat was unlocked, and the system can easily see which character on your account was the first to unlock it (your main, no doubt).

I say 3 episodes because that is how it is now before content gets clamped. If you got a feat while the episodes were relevant, you keep it. Because there was no "cheesing", because everything was how it is now (EEG and what-not). Current 3 episodes weren't clamped then, and aren't clamped now.

That's how it works currently, regardless of CR difference.
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Then please enlighten me as to what the motive is of significantly out leveling content and then going back and playing it? You've made it clear that it isn't killing things quickly or being practically invincible or any other way that makes the content braindead easy. Don't say "progression" because progression is the means, not the end to which one is motivated to achieve. What does said "progression" enable you to do that you currently feel deprived of but is also totally different than what speed-hacking achieves?
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Nothing convoluted about it.

One of the argument that people use NOT to remove the Clamp....
    Is to prevent people from getting the Feats "the easy way".

But odds are...... THEY got he Feats "the easy way" themselves.

Even if you were low CR.... Odds are someone else in your group was high CR.

High CR in low level content was one of the arguments for the Clamp.

Heck.... just getting a group back then was easier then it is now.
    Being able to get a group..... that alone made it easier back then.

Anyway you slice it..... it was easier back then.
    More people available to play the content..... higher CR..... and More!! ;)

People who got the Feats the easy way....
    now want to prevent other people from getting the Feats.

So let's be fair and remove the Feats from everyone who got the Feats "the easy way". ;) :)

Nothing convoluted about it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

It does get a bit convoluted, because of the horrific mess that was CR Differential. Some people legitimately got their feats at-Level, but somewhat overpowered for the content (a few CR above the enemies), and some people got them at-Level but were a few CR below that and had a nightmare of a time completing the Feat in the same group, all at-Level. Some people were getting railroaded just by Adds, and others a few CR higher were face-stomping the Boss. It was messy, and it would be hard to winnow out who "deserved" the Feats and who didn't.
    • Like x 1
  7. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Stat Revamp is what was necessary, but not stat clamp. Remember after revamp we were all like wet noodles in the game. Our power went way down. Then they started selling us our power back to us through artifacts. we were all getting strong once again, so they decided to do the stat clamp. If anything I believe that we all should have a choice upon entering a raid, alert or duo. We should have a choice to enter in with stat clamp or not. Simple solution for everyone. I bet its not to difficult to make it happen.
    • Like x 4
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly..... that seems to be the strategy.

Make us weaker.... then sell us something to makes us stronger again.

Classic strategy of creating a problem..... then selling us the solution to that problem.

Remember when we had the Power Revamp??
    They made Iconic Powers like Heat Vision stronger.......
    Then Nerfed Heat Vision.....
    Only to sell us the Solar Amplifier right after??? :eek: :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  10. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Its a common trend now in the game.
    I pointed out on the new Ally post that they are now just selling us the buffs that we should get standard to make powers be inline with each other. Its beyond ridiculous now
    • Like x 4
  11. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I remember that, it was really underhanded what they did and what they are still doing. This is an awesome game and if they did things right it would be even more amazing
    • Like x 1
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Why are there two star clamp threads haha this one should be merged…

I get that you guys want the stat clamp gone … but at this point you’d be better served advocating to make the clamp cr increase they give us over the bosses and adds larger than 15 increase.

It won’t go back to where it was ever that wasn’t fun for fresh level 30s coming into instances just to be your spectators while you all destroyed the content and then in some cases broke the instance to where it couldn’t even be completed cause the high crs bypassed key mechanics that bad to be done.

I sympathize with you but the clamp was needed, but I don’t disagree being in a piece of content with people who are new, don’t understand how the content works, not listening on mic or texts can be frustrating. Thats why I say advocate to increasing our stats more to help with these situations.
    • Like x 1
  13. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Clamp shouldnt be removed. Instead just allow us more stats. Just reduce our stats by a % when going into lower level content, its simple
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Edit: This is for
    Did you completely ignore everything I wrote? TIMESTAMPS bud. 3 episodes limit because that is how it is currently. It does not matter who was what CR, as long as the feat was acquired within the 3 episode radius. Because then it was EXACTLY the same as it is now.
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Careful, they might jump down your throat like they did me when I suggested this lol. Oh wait, it seems most of them have been a little distant since the layoffs. (I'm not insinuating they were on the payroll, but perhaps they just feel empty without proper boots to lick)
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

Clamp should be applied backwards: instead of all characters being clamped, the adds and bosses should be clamped or buffed to adjust to the players. They could always be adjusted according to a certain CR range, based on the average CR of the players in the instance.

"Oh, but someone left"

The instance would then adjust itself.
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

Kid, I didn't even KNOW FF8 had that ****. Besides, unless you spoke with every single player of the game, you can't just dismiss someone's idea by making fake statistics.
    • Like x 1
  18. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

with such huge possible cr differences in the game, this would not work in the slightest.
  19. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I loved FF8. proper loved it. terrific game.
  20. Lugo Well-Known Player

FFXIV is the most successful MMO in the world right now by far and nobody cares about a stat clamp. The players want to play the game because it's fun to play

I think everyone who's against the stat clamp is actually against how unenjoyable the content is. Name another videogame where the players whine and complain and rant and beg.... to play the game less or not at all, if you're one-shotting everything

lmao
    • Like x 1