Dev Discussion Starro: Spreading Spores (duo) feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

The beam that comes from the ceiling is visible on PC; but not on PS4.
  2. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the heads up. We've identified an issue which was preventing some FX (including this beam) from playing on platforms other than PC. We're working on patching a fix out asap. Sorry about the inconvenience!
    • Like x 3
  3. Korlick Loyal Player

Ran the duo after the last hotfix, and now the Beam is visible, making the feat easier to get.
    • Like x 2
  4. MaatAset Well-Known Player

Of all the content we could get the new content is based on Starro? Seriously?
  5. DaZeeHero Level 30

I would like to finish this on my villain but last try I was stuck with a teammate who insisted he could not get back into the lex battle after he (repeatedly) died. We tried having him go in first and lock the door and I entered no problem through the circle.. is there a bug keeping some people from re entering the battle when they die?
  6. JackFrost Developer

I've not seen any similar reports. Is anyone else having an issue that sounds like this?

Just to be clear, both you and your teammate wiped, and then you got back into the room with Controlled Lex Luthor, but your teammate didn't?

Any more info may be helpful. Thanks!
  7. DaZeeHero Level 30

I actually think now the bug may be that I was able to get into the room while only one of us wiped in a previous run, confusing me into thinking that that was how it was supposed to be.

Now that's apparently fixed. To clarify I didn't know the fight was supposed to lock out.
  8. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

I have experienced this a few times... But it's not very common.. and not in this duo personality.

Basically on your screen the door is open and you can freely walk through it... But your on your teammates screen the door is closed and they can't walk through it.

It reminds me of the invisible teammate glitch... When I see them at the door but they are fighting beside me and if they die I can't pick them up even though I'm right beside their downed invisible body... but with a object instead of a teammate...

In both cases it's like we are only halfway phased with each other/ halfway phased with the environment.

Also in both cases this will occur when your phasing into a new section of a level and in turn sometimes the problem will go away by phasing into a new section of a level like using a teleport or crossing a threshold.
  9. Sugr Bear Committed Player

This actually just happened to me and a league mate in blackest night yesterday, after the first boss when you teleport we were stuck in the safe area but everyone else could leave. We had to teleport to watchtower then back to the operation to be able to go through the teleporter exiting the safe area.
  10. JackFrost Developer

Very peculiar. If anyone has a video of anything along these lines occurring, it might help us identify what the root cause might be.
    Sorry I don't have a better answer right now.

To answer DaZeeHero's question on how the lockout here should work, it's set up like most lockouts in the game. If both players wipe after engaging Controlled Lex Luthor, in about 10 seconds, the door should open, the boss should reset, and the players should be able to re-engage the fight.
  11. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I don't have a video but if it happens again I will be sure to save the clip, the teleporter just didn't even have a circle on it or option to interact where it normally says exit safe area. The teleport to watchtower pad still worked just fine though, and after we went through it then entered the operation again through the war room it worked like normal. Thanks for the response and efforts to get it fixed!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.