Dev Discussion Starro: Spreading Spores (duo) feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Ahoy hoy! This is the thread I'll be most closely watching for any feedback about the "Starro: Spreading Spores" 2-player content. Let me know here if you have any comments about the content, or if you run into any issues. Thanks for playing, and I hope you enjoy the new content!
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I posted this in the bug section too but the sentinels of magic duo has alert adds in it. Kicked our behinds. xD
  3. JackFrost Developer

Dang, sorry about that! I'll work on a fix for this asap. Thanks for the heads up!
    • Like x 1
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

How do you avoid the Starro Beam during the Lex fight? Yesterday i was doing the duo feats on one of my toons with a friend and we couldnt figure it out. We still got the feat (we tried to burn the hell out of Lex and probably got luck). But we didnt see a tell, something on the floor that indicates the Beam would land there, nothing. Only thing we saw was a Skull on Lex´s name. But it was a flash, barely noticeable and it doesnt give you time to do anything.

Could it be that it is bugged? or we were missing something?
  5. JackFrost Developer

I may need to add something to give it more of a tell about where it's going to kick off from. It' currently kind of a pattern recognition thing, that I would expect players might need to play a couple of times before keying in on it and succeeding the feat. If people feel like it's not fair or too difficult to get, I'll definitely give it a look. Thanks for the feedback!
    • Like x 1
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

I think that would be nice.
  7. Sugr Bear Committed Player

My wife and I ran the duo last night, I don't remember seeing the beam at all but we didn't get a feat, what is it supposed to look like?
    • Like x 1
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

Have ran through all three and Steelworks feels the least inspired. Just waves of adds in one room til the boss.

That said the surprise nugget that I liked most about the entire event is that you can enter the extra room in the Spire, look outside, and it actually looks like the same Metro. Really a nice touch and something I'd like to see more in other maps.

One small quibble. It was inevitable but already over 10 runs over a few toons I've had at least 5 people enter just to leave. Since I'm sorc in a capped instance I don't think its me but rather a combination of people wanting a specific instance for the feat as well as just not liking a given instance. The Magic version seemed to be the most commonly AWOL'd (can I use that as a verb?) which might be because it was a bit more difficult. To be clear I like the random factor as it breaks things up a bit.

In any case I would suggest the devs look at the data for abandonment rates and use that to decide if future content of this nature should be done the same way and/or if some mechanic like a longer penalty applied.
    • Like x 2
  9. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the heads up. We'll look into it. The Sentinels of Magic base will be a bit more difficult until the hotfix that solves the issue where there are some Group Starro mobs is out.
  10. JackFrost Developer

It's a purple looking beam that fires from the Starro attached to the object above Lex Luthor, in the middle of the room. Is this FX not displaying for other folks? Thanks for the feedback!
  11. ItzLewDot781 Active Player

I think we figured out the problem. We tried this feat over 50x besides the 100x que up to get the lex duo. (lol) So, I think it might be a error in the feat as (beam) itself. We beat lex about 4x without a single "starro" beam, but yet there was a beam shot in the combat log but NOT a starro beam. We thought maybe the feat is just broken and won't pop. The last time we tried and beat lex, there was NO BEAMs in the combat log. Correct me if i'm wrong but the feat says "starro beam"? So any other beam shouldn't mess up the feat. Maybe a error in the script?

(side note): Seen lex shoot the "starro beam" without having a skull, is this suppose to be a range kill? or another error?

-> FEAT DID POP FOR US.

--> LEX DUO (Starro Spire Blitz feat)
  12. JackFrost Developer

Okay, sorry it wasn't clear enough. I'm updating the feat description to indicate better that the beam you need to avoid is coming from above, not from the Starro on Lex Luthor's face. I also am fixin a bug in the combat log that would increase confusion of the issue. When the hotfix with my changes goes out, it should be a lot more clear what is required to achieve this feat. Thanks for the feedback, and I hope these forthcoming changes address the issue.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Thanks for the replies, we will try it again tonight after work and see how it goes.
  14. JackFrost Developer

Some of the fixes may or may not have been hotfixed out yet, as an fyi. Keep an eye out for relevant patch notes on the login screen.
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

16. jflusson Well-Known Player

Has the steelworks map been taken down or something ? It never spawns anymore .
  17. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I liked the Steelworks map it was pretty brutal. Every time I roll it i get ready for a fight.

Fun is completely subjective, but for me I love low threat, high volume. Maybe with some medium enemies thrown in occassionally. IE I would have a blast in a 1 room instance fighting waves upon waves of enemies. At the end of fights like that I feel exausted and at the same time excited and amped up.

For example for Steelworks I would decrease damage on enemies, double the amount per wave, and add more waves.
  18. Elf Dog New Player

i just ran the duo with a friend and the beam didn't come from his head, it came from lex's stomach and a skull didn't even pop up even though the star is on lex's face.
  19. JackFrost Developer

It should still be up. If there's a lot of folks experiencing this, please chime in. But if anyone else is able to confirm they're getting into Steelworks, that would indicate you've just not gotten into that instance out of happenstance.
    • Like x 1
  20. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report. What platform were you playing on? PC? PS4? PS3? XBox? Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.