Sorry devs but these words will try to describe how horrible quantum is!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, May 22, 2016.

1. Proxystar #Perception

You know what this sort of attitude disgusts me.

You're treating all quantum players with disrespect. Like quantum deserve what we have because the fotm players all jumped on the bandwagon when it's AM got first released.

That is such a horrible bitter attitude.

Quantum players don't deserve and neither do electricity or nature players.

It's this attitude you have that leads to inbalances in the first place because it leads to a "you've had your turn now it's our turn" attitude

It should never be anyones turn it should be overall balance and just because some fotm players brag up a storm doesnt justify punishing other players who genuinely want to use a power.

The whole fotm is all part of this problem and it's because this game is never balanced properly and the devs refuse to listen to rational feedback.

It really isn't good enough when we are paying customers.
    • Like x 9
  2. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

No need to get worked up over someone who used a WWE quote on this forum.

Lol:)
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Welp... I dont care
  4. TheDeuce Well-Known Player

Hey man, you're talking at someone who stuck with Earth since the release of BFE. How many AM's did light get before it's balance pass? 3. Rage got its own special update while Earth always shared minor tweaks with major overhauls to Electricity , Sorcery, and HL. Want some data...at this point last year Earth was so bad that only 2.34% of the toons on the USPS Server were Earth.

When Throne dropped, both that raid and the elite version were rendered defacto exclusive to Quantum DPS by the off community. 2 whole pieces of content and the top gear exclusive only to Quantum.

There will never be balance because power change tokens are a fundamental part of the cash grab business model. It has nothing to do with the devs not caring. Quite the contrary.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

It's not the quote itself it's the context of its intention.
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

You may very well have been an earth player and Earth did suck for a long long time.

The thing here is the community needs to stand together about these issues so that it is reaffirmed that they are unacceptable not just for quantum but for any power.

Instead of going "lol I don't care cause earth is sweet" or "haha quantum had its day now deal with it"

We should be rallying behind each other and saying "devs these broken powers are unacceptable. Fix them" regardless of what might have happened by the devs in the past.

I for one do this exact same thing even though I'm not nature or electricity I have made threads on behalf of those powers before asking for fixes.

If there really is a business model for selling respecs then that is abhorently corrupt and this is why we need to stand together as a community when the game is broken not tear each other down.

The only ones that win then are the devs and the only losers then are the players in the community who I might add are all paying to keep this game afloat.

It's not just the fotm players buying respec tokens it's also the power devoted players who just want a fair deal.
    • Like x 4
  7. thedemonocus Loyal Player

actually gadgets is the best troll
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Were are those shields at ??
    • Like x 2
  9. SuperBell Loyal Player

LOL, when I first saw this thread, I swear it was titled "Sorry Devs no words can describe how horrible Quantum is". Am I crazy, or is this some awesome Dev retitling shenanigans going on here?

But, yeah, I guess fix Quantum or something.
    • Like x 2
  10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

don't need them and gadgets super charge is only 35% instead of 50% so you can almost have your sc up all the time,i save it for boss fights and it allows me to have my sc up for the whole fight
  11. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I don't think your battle drone comes anywhere near what a quantum troller can do there's been times my shields stuns and quantum tunneling have truned a raid around I'd take that's any day over a SC trinket.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

So what exactly does a balance pass do if it didnt achieve balance? o_O My point is once midrange is done there could easily be more dps updates. Its been going on for so long now. True balance wont happen. Competitive balance can happen. So after 2-3 years and we arent there yet? It makes me question why its done at all? It makes me ask why do some powers who have the same AM (quantum, mental, gadgets, atomic which is the 1234) yet 2 of those have shortcuts and grace periods but 2 dont. Imo the whole way its done is flawed but not going into all that. Yes electric/nature 1st. But then i dont want another year or 2 of dmg updates after that. Its too much and gone on far too long at this point.
    • Like x 1
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

When i dps say PB on my nature i dont even bother attacking the adds anymore. Because i will get SG and maybe sometimes get vine lash but then the adds are dead. If i am just standing there because it makes no difference if i attack id say houston we have a problem :p
    • Like x 1
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

But u have admitted u dont really run group content. Go in the newest raid or alert and dps with quantum comparing against a munitions, mental, atomic, ice, either pet power, and gadgets. U will easily see the difference.
    • Like x 4
  15. Cyro Committed Player

The devs are right when they said the powers have never been this balanced before. Think about in the past how there was always one clearly better power than the rest could not compete, that's no longer the case. We have quite a few great powers, some powers that are in the middle and do need some tweak buffs, then poor old e&n. They are actually doing a good job with balancing.

The real problem is that they didn't just balance weapons first(which would help the most amount of powers/support roles) then do e&n. The second problem is they don't listen to the players enough. Once quantum gets its second pass you will prob get a short cut, cap removal, grace period(if you dont already have one) all the bells and whistles - which im all for as long as e&n go first :p
  16. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Just because it keeps being repeated, doesn't mean it's true. The promise of balance has been dangled in front of the community for years. So many updates spent on DPS, but still no balance. But hey, we're closer than ever. :rolleyes:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/producer-letter-february-22-2013.2017/
  17. hintofcoolness Well-Known Player

This right here. Quantum isn't terrible per se, it's just slow so other powers "get there first" with their damage. You used to be able to make up the damage you lose on the adds when you get to the boss, but not so much anymore with the damage cap.

Quantum is really great in small content seeing as time powers have crowd control abilities. Blew through the new duo with my Tank buddy first day at 163 after hearing how "hard" it was.

But yeah for raids, I'm trollin' :) unless I'm overgeared
    • Like x 1
  18. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

The DPS is not fine. Time Bomb has a damage cap, this is a fact! I agree that something has to be done.
    • Like x 1
  19. hintofcoolness Well-Known Player

I'd like to DPS in current raids as well, I'm all for removing the damage cap, just saying it's not as terrible as some make it out to be.
  20. Cyro Committed Player

Im not saying they have done a perfect job, just saying this is the closest its ever come to balance