Sorcery and Earth... just a wishlist

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HymnOfMercy, Jul 19, 2016.

1. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

I personally feel WM and AM should be equally as strong as one another.
    The weapon pass may fix that and that's good.
    I'd really like to see some minor tweaks to some abilities in both powersets.

Pets:
    Pets shouldn't be the only thing that matters and the boring weapon combo spam being the only thing that can do equally as good.
    I feel as though the pets should give an innate boost in damage, while doing their own free damage.
    The weapon mastery crit is nullified with them on the field but your power damage is dismal and quite honestly not even worth it, while the pet nukes everything. I don't find that fun.

I'd love to see the damage pet provide a scalar to the player that's on par with the WM crit window. The WM crit would be excluded on Weapon Mastery but your tray ability would receive a WM crit level boost from Fury or Crystal. This alone would open up options for supplemental damage and would help the sustained DPS issue the pet classes have. This would also help with supercharges.

I believe the pet's weapon damage should mean something if they're going to spam shuriken storm or Pulse beam.
    The more meaningful weapon attacks they do, they do way less often. So I guess an AI tweak should be considered.
    Two possible options would be to 1) grant the pets weapon based power regeneration to give them a form of sustainable burst damage ,or 2) buff the heck put their weapon damage.

Lastly a nerf to the pet ability damage (crystal's epicenter, striking stones. Fury's transmutation, arcane barrage)
    would have to happen. not to the point of being useless, but about 14-21k Max on the pets would be cool.

I know that all the abilities are gonna get base damage increases which would make a few alright for usage.

Some power changes:
    Sorcery-
    Give it Stat buff. Preferably Might buff since it has more potential output in might by sheer design
    Remove the channel on Soul Storm and give it stronger damage than Shard of Life. Or if you keep the channel animation, just buff that damage up like... enough to make it worth using. What happened to damage based on animation time?
    Soul Barrage should benefit from RSA and or Bad Karma.
    Vengeance clearing out RSA in lieu of GSA is quite a bad thing imo. If its going to wipe RSA it better be a hell of a strong ability. I would change it to sustain RSA.
    Extend the range of Karmic Backlash out to mid range.
    Buff Final Ruin

Earth-
    Totem's range extended to 7m. Larger ticks of damage please.
    Extend the range of Localized Tremor and Tectonic Break out to Mid range.
    Make Pebble Blast Conus AoE.
    Buff Sandblast
    Decrease power cost of Debris Field and give it a double tick.
    Extend Unstoppable's range to 7m
    Give aftershocks a base damage increase please!

Of course I'm just writing a personal wishlist. I'm curious to see how the midrange pass is gonna go for these powers.
    Those things on the wishlist are for both WM and AM in mind. I know none of it will happen.
    Just wanted to post it.

Please share your own thoughts on these powers. :)
    • Like x 3
  2. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Let us use two pets at s time if we chose to. Also add the stun back to shards.
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I think we could have two forms of combat as well as atomic.
    I could use the traditional way using the pet.
    Or use the form WM using the powers that would have greatly increased their damage when in this case. They are putting on an equal footing to the pet. In this way the player choose which way would play!
  4. Kharhaz Committed Player

For years I was asking for earth to get some kind of buff, they gave one with AF but that was soon knocked on the head.

All earth had was tanking, that was it. Many players today don't understand how tricky it was, when OC was released, there was Ice tank and that was it. Earth and Fire were around, but no, only Ice stood up. Why? because you could be clueless with Ice and still stand your ground, you simply couldn't fail.

Every other alert or raid, earth or fire was tank, that was ok. DPS? good god no.

Does Earth need a fix? Lets look at the facts, when they gave earth a damage to be proud of, the game went south pretty quick.

Be careful of what you wish for!
  5. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

That's partly more to do with CR Differential, not so much with Earth in general.
    Earth needs some actual attention.. not some bandaid of a maxing out of pet damage.. I'm fairly certain they will be properly tuned anyway.
  6. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Never understood why they completely removed shard's stun.
    Makes no sense. Transmutation also no longer explodes encasements or polymorphisms.
    :/
    • Like x 1
  7. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

yeah, I don't get why they took that away either. Probably some pvp complsints.
  8. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

I know shard broke dom rules but they straight up removed its stun. Not cool
    Yeah the PvP crowd ain't like it. I think it should be added back though
  9. kingmasternova Loyal Player

What they could have could have done with earth.
    Let the shield give back power for each after shock.
    Also let the pet put the shield on you & them as well.
  10. DarthJafo Committed Player

I changed my ice dps to earth. Night and day difference on how superior earth is. Haven't tried tanking with it though. I love ice tanking..but the dps is simply not comparable.
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

The pet AMs should definitely go away from the "recharge your pet while it kills everything" model and put back the emphasis on your own powers and interactions.
    On a hypothetical infinite health target it's kinda ok since your pet just does its thing while you go to town with your standard combo/power clipping, but in practice it's pretty boring that outside of raids everything dies before you can pull off a combo. I wouldn't even mind half or more of my damage coming from my pet if I could actually interact with it in a way that makes me responsible for the final damage output. I can imagine setting up different PIs and buffs to maximize my pet's damage or even to control what kind of damage (dot/burst, single/multi) my pet causes.
    But as long as I can't interact with my pet beyond restoring power, it's just not that fun. Let the pet restore its own power then, but lower its damage output significantly and give it an aura that buffs my own damage instead so I am the main contributor. There is a lot of room to lower AM pet damage while still letting it be stronger than regular pets.

Having Sorcery be more Might based and Earth more Precision based makes sense. Earth Aftershocks should definitely be a big thing for damage.

There is one thing I don't agree with you on though, I think you already know that ;) Sorcery doesn't need a stat buff, it already has a PROC buff (like other powersets) that just needs to be brought in line with standard self buff duration/cooldown times.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I never understood why they made pets do 50% of your damage and aren't optional...
    • Like x 1
  13. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

They are optional people just don't want to use the effort to make something other than the cookie cutter load out that everyone else follows and as an earth player I really think anytime someone brings up pets and WM in the same breath they are beyond ignorant about the power at all, the ONLY way I get half the damage with Crystal out is by using WM., but in retrospect I can use things other than her and still be a great DPS or Tank depending on my mood.

Oh and that wasn't all directed at you, sorry got on a rant after the first sentence
  14. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

No beef :p

But I want a vid. I have tried WM load outs with earth and do as much damage as an electric dps.
    • Like x 1
  15. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

I will have to do that and post, it can produce damage, better as a tank to be sure, but still good overall give me a little bit today and I will post one though.
  16. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Give earth and sorcery a better weapon buff when it comes to WM. Reward those who get the skill points to unlock it.
  17. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

That I can agree with the choices for earth are limited depending on the loadout
  18. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

I understand. I personally don't use WM with Crystal because I CAN do more damage without it, but that's not my point. Ive seen people do great with it. And there are optional powers for supplemental damage but they could be better. :)
    My point is Weapon Mastery DPS WITHOUT Crystal simply doesn't compare (if I wasn't clear enough), and that's the truth. Same goes for Sorcery and Fury.
    I only want both to be equal and some minor improvements or altercations to the Pet AM. Some improvements for tray abilities as well.
    Been dying to use aftershocks with crystal. Or WM without crystal and have a supercharge worth a damn lol. ;)
  19. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

WM will never be a viable alternative. With no way of self sustaining power Regeneration, you won't last long in any group. And 2 troll raids won't come back unless the role ourself is severely modified and controlling adds becomes necissary
  20. Harlequin Devoted Player

Give me play from the tray options for Sorcery and I'll be happy. What sorcerer have you ever seen in any media anywhere has depended on weapons in any real capacity?
    • Like x 2