So who or what is coming through the portal that Jonny Quick is creating ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dr Nastiobous, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Dr Nastiobous Well-Known Player

It's obviously part of a future dlc, Darkseid, Doomsday, Brainiac, Anti Monitor or something else? My best guess is Darkseid, since he's the number 1 villan in all of DCU it's time to give him more love anyway.
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I initially thought Omega Man, but given there's a feat called "Anti-Matter Monitor" and there's a Earth 3 mission in the Anniversary Event, its most likely Anti-Monitor.
    • Like x 4
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I think it’s meant to be the Anti-Monitor and his shadow demons. The Kirby crackle effect that appears over the earth is also seen in the sky during the Anniversary event; so the Escape raid is basically the story lead-in to the event.

Given that last year we were told we traveled one year into the future to fight the Anti-Monitor; we’ve now one year later lived through the events that led to the struggle.
    • Like x 6
  4. Tarif Committed Player

In the comics, the anti-monitor destroys earth 3, so its more than likely a tie in to the event coming back around.
    • Like x 2
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^ Yeah, but are our stats outside the event now the same as they were last year during the event? ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

I think CR was 230. We've reached a max of 227...

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

Yeah, it's funny. DC Comics periodically pushes the multiversal reset switch (they did it again with Zero Hour and New 52), but these silver age concepts and stories still persist in the fanbase's collective memory.

But yeah, I assumed an Anti-Monitor/Crisis-Inspired story. But whatever it is, I did enjoy the Earth 3 story. I was a bit concerned that I would be spending a lot more time in alternate Gothams and Metropoliseseseses again as we already had in Origin Crisis, which I liked a lot, but don't want to repeat. But then they hit us with a swerve at the end of this last episode. I give a big thumbs up for that.
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Kind of hoping it's Pariah, perhaps leading Lord Volt and Lady Quark to 'safety'.

But Mobius will do. :)
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

So going by this logic mid-November 2018 we'll get Crime Syndicate Part II/Anti-Monitor episode? Either way it seems probable that in 2018 we'll get a part 2 to Crime Syndicate.

I wonder if the devs planned EP30 to be a Crime Syndicate episode when they were planning the Anniversary event in 2016.
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

The rumor is it will be the Anti Monitor but I heard from a "reliable" source in fact it will be......

[IMG]

AUNTI CLARA!
    That vile villainess of pure evil that means to conquer and control all of the know multiverse. Along with her #1 henchman

[IMG]

DAT BOID

SUFFERING SUCCATASH WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO?

So at this point is there anyone out there that does not realize I am a total nut case? :eek: LOL
    • Like x 3
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Anti-Monitor/Mobius seems the most logical conclusion. While the storyline is kind of based off the JLA: Earth 2 graphic novel, all the character designs are from the New 52 Earth 3 Forever Evil storyline, and it includes Atomica, who was introduced in the New 52. In that arc the Anti-Monitor came to destroy their world.
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Poor poor CSA. :(

In Crisis on infinite Earths the EVILLL Anti-Monitor destroy their Earth with an anti-matter wave.
    Then in the New52.... he destroys their world.... again??

And I won't even mention when Krona destroyed the Earth 2 CSA in JLA/Avengers.

Poor poor CSA. :( :(
    • Like x 2
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The new mission for the Anniversary event is basically "Qwardians have invaded the Panopticon, go see", so I think it's a safe bet that it's the Anti-Monitor.

With that being said, the mission is short and doesn't really tease anything or resolve anything for the future. All it does is show Qwardians inside the Panopticon and then you're back out after clearing a room and a little something with Luthor. Seems more befitting for a Stabilizer mission than a device for telling a story.
    • Like x 3
  14. majosea Dedicated Player

they could alway do this after the anti monitor
    • Like x 2
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm hoping they take their time with this arc and bring in the other members that played a critical role involved. Like Power Ring and Mahazs. Like there's alot of good stuff in the Forever Evil Arc, that this should be one of the biggest storylines in DCUO history imo.
    • Like x 1
  16. Revoemag Committed Player

So is Atomica dead?
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

She was squished graphically by Lex Luthor who literally stepped on her. :eek::eek:
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

DC did a Batman/Elmer Fudd comic.

It's probably outside their license, but think how wonderfully bonkers it would be to have a Looney Tunes invasion of some kind around April Fool's Day. :D
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

In game? No. In the comics, yes.