So it begins...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Clutch_GT, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Thedumme103 Well-Known Player

Then people start dragging you into the magic wing for inspections before they que up again
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I think they're setting us up for a permanent portable repair bot in the marketplace... :D
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Unwavering Player

would it be too much to ask for them to make a vendor appear at the end of every round ya know?
    • Like x 1
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

• Like x 2
  5. Gunny New Player

29 bots to use, and they were doing nothing but collecting dust in my bank.

I don't like the idea either, but guess what..... survival mode is "bring what you can now, because once you start, you're on your own".

Besides, if you want to be the one funding repair bots for a PUG group, then you really need to have your head examined.
    Actually, better yet.... if you want to believe a PUG group is going to make it past round 1, then you really need your head examined.

I STRONGLY suggest tackling this content with leagues or very close friends. PUGs will almost never have the tools or the communication to advance in SM. Get a league, or get some friends if you want to survive long enough to where repair bots actually become useful.
    • Like x 2
  6. Duck Sauce New Player

I was in a pug group and we got past round 1.......then people started disconnecting and they decided to bring down the server.
  7. Gunny New Player

The show survivor wouldn't be survivor if all of the contestants had a buffet of food brought to them every day of the competition.

Bring nothing but what you can carry and see how long you last.

-- Live. Perfect your tells and reactions.
    -- Bring bots
    -- Bring a second role.
    -- Bring second sets of gear.

Theres a variety of ways to tackle the problem, just sitting here whining you don't have a vendor to hold your hand probably isn't going to be the solution.
    • Like x 1
  8. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Durability starts decreasing as soon as you're "in combat", not when you take damage.
    • Like x 1
  9. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

I don't think I could take someone seriously if they said I had to have a repair bot to play in their group for survival mode, I would laugh myself out of the group.
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

I and many others knew this BS was going to happen and I wish the devs wouldn’t use such heavy-handed tactics to encourage the community to purchase certain products.

In the end, it does nothing more than keep the heavy spenders spending money they were always going to spend and push away others who see such tactics as lowbrow and thus participate less or not at all.
    • Like x 5
  11. Crimson Jonni New Player

LOL. I totally saw something like this coming. Bring on the exclusion >_>
    • Like x 1
  12. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

Maybe every 2 rounds you get a chance to repair that seems fair being how hard the content supposedly is.
  13. chubbychase New Player

wait, why non-sorcery?
    • Like x 1
  14. Crimson Jonni New Player

Hmm guess these repair bots will be the droids the storm troopers (players) are looking for
    • Like x 1
  15. Gunny New Player

Still doesn't scream survival.

You venture in with whatever advantage you can carry. You get NOTHING else once the event starts, in which your group fights to the death. No assistance, no supplies, no repairs, no letting anyone knocked out back in... nothing.

Its very simple - and probably intended to be that way.
    • Like x 4
  16. MetalMario Loyal Player

This isn't heavy handed at all. The entire thing is 100% optional.
  17. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

I mean I agree with you I rather it be the way you said in your post it would defeat the purpose of being survival but it seems like a lot of people are gonna start complaining and ranting so I'd rather them do that than nerf the difficulty of it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Gunny New Player

Simple. They do neither.

People will find ways around repairing. I pointed out several. What, did you think I just threw away my full 91 set whenever I bought 92 pieces? With some of the PUG's you run into running instances today, that back-up set has certainly come in handy more times than I'd like to admit.

Keep visiting T6A, make a set out of the gear that drops there over a few days, synthetic expert mods for it. Done. It obviously wont be the beast 92 Set with T6 mods, but you wont be taking off 10-12HP a punch trying to kill bosses with over 3,000,000 health apiece either.
    • Like x 1
  19. MetalMario Loyal Player

I think the current setup is fine, but as a counter point, the only other survival mode games I've played have been call of duty and gears of war, both of which you could get people back between rounds and get supplies. There is definitely precedent to ask for this.
    • Like x 1
  20. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

lol true i still have my 91 gear
  21. PainGod New Player

LMAO! YOU ARE THE MAN GREEN!!!