SLOW DOWN.... please.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Multiverse, Nov 3, 2017.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's not really patronizing because it's true. Many players are terrible at skipping adds. It's a dumb thing to do in general when you're doing group content and everyone is NOT on the same page (whether it's voice or text chat).
    • Like x 3
  2. Ringz Dedicated Player

You might as well make a video for better effect. A forum post is not gonna reach those people.
    • Like x 1
  3. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

leash those adds...takem walkies...
  4. Tekwash Level 30

pvp also drops nth metal

but this whole skipping adds is personal choice, most groups ive been in for catalysts have all been 200 and prefer speed running

the easier ones I just walk in though
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Had an interesting time on a League of Assassins Alert tonight.. Two of us above CR 200 and a third at around Cr 170.. with member #4 just barely high enough to get inside the mission. So let's review what our little friend the Cr 170+ did during this "nightmare?"

1. entered the first chamber and managed to seal the rest of the entire team outside. took him a but but he did manage to defeat the 4 ninjas in the room and then.. We all sat wondering how long before he died trying to click all 4 levers to stop those spinning blades from slicing him to bits.. AMAZINGLY he actually succeeded but the whole thing could have gine a lot faster with a 4 man team in there.

2. First boss battle ... Now me and the other 200 CR player realize we have a guy along for the ride that probably would really like to get the feat and MAYBE even click on the investigation markers.. so we are taking time and slowly (if you want to call one hit you are dead .. slow) defeating everything in out path to lend him a hand. mean while CR 170+ is skipping adds and rushing ahead because he doesn't give a crap about anyone on the team but him. End result? He managed to get everyone locked outside during the first boss battle . A minute or so goes by with the three of us all standing around watching him and I held my tongue and did not say "gee I bet this boss battle would be done a whole lot faster with 4 of us in there" He finally manages to defeat sub boss #1 and we move on

While he was still racing ahead nothing else completely stupid occurred the rest of the way......UNTIL

3. Final boss battle against Ras Al Guhl. ... No we all managed to get inside but Goofy boy kills off Ras to fast and we never get the cut scene and we can SEE Ras standing there but .. no one can target him. After several minutes of trying to figure out what to do.. we all just started to quit the team. So the speed freaks out there can not only run right past potential Nth Metal drops but because they want it done FAST FAST FAST.. they can and have screwed up the entire mission and forced an entire team to start ALL over again.

Now interestingly.. I found another team with three Cr 200+ and one Cr 90 and we took out ever mob and had absolutely no problem finishing in no time. Oh by the way.. That Cr 170 went on my ignore list right before I quit the team so hopefully i never see him again.

I'm sorry but with that many CR 200+ players on low tier alert the need to rush past countless mobs just seems stupid. gee what does it add .. maybe 2-3 minutes to the whole thing? No what.. I f you have so little time available that taking 3 0r 4 or 5 extra minutes to kill off all mobs, help out the player the mission was actually designed for and not screw the entire thing up for everyone? Maybe you shouldn't have logged on in the first place.

Artifacts went live on Wednesday and this is Friday. My main has an artifact at level 54 and i already have all the catalysts required to make 60. I have not spent a cent on replays. I have not spent a cent on the Broker. i HAVE five (5) alts all above Cr 200 and the way I am working it is.. they all run the duos, the alerts and the raids that drop catalysts. They then ship all of that along with any account bound Nth metal to ALT # ONE. Once I get ALT One to level 80 Then we will switch and do the same thing with ALT number 2. I figure to be over level 60 and working on IF not at level 80 some time tomorrow. Yeah I know .. terrible isn't it? At that rate I may not have all 5 of them at 80 level before the new DLC goes live. You know last I checked the idea was defeat the bad guys (or good guys if your a villain) No special prize handed out (in most cases) for having set a new speed record. Yes there are some speed feats but most players already have those... And you don't get any more artifact materials for running through like an idiot. LOL For god sakes at least slow down enough so you don't glitch the mission and force everyone to start all over.. At that point all that time YOU THOUGHT you were saving just went out the window because now.. You have to do the entire thing all over AGAIN... not to mention the 3-7 other players you just ticked off BIG TIME
    • Like x 2
  6. SuperBell Loyal Player

Yeah, I ran LoA yesterday and there was one moron that skipped all the adds. I was hoping he would die, but his CR was too high. I usually never vote to kick, but I think I'm going to start if these people can take 5 seconds to kill the adds.
  7. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

And who was the person that thought putting the catalyst in older content was a great idea? They should just make all the older stuff walk in and that would solve a lot of problems.
    • Like x 1
  8. VariableFire Loyal Player

They put them in older content because the population is so bloody small that older content rarely popped at all. Even trying old duos can take a while to pop. Older content will still take a while to pop since the catalysts are on a weekly timer.

Think of all those 4mans and raids that sit there gathering dust because they never pop.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Once again the in game community demonstrates why we just can’t have nice things. It takes like two seconds to kill these adds. I personally enjoy mowing them down enmasse as a demonstration of my UNLIMITED POWAAAAAH! I try to adopt a “no man left behind policy” in lower content but then one of these asshats appears and I’m left with a terrible dilemma because I don’t want to risk missing the loot as a reward for being the only high cr in the group with an ounce of consideration.
    • Like x 4
  10. Saami Loyal Player

Skipping adds was popular in old times. Feat runs were different ofc.
    Too many "sunday sightseeirs" nowadays...
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL just a quick update on the time required to kill everything in a mission. i joined a BLIND QUE raid tonight doing The Gates of Themyscira raid. We had 3 players at CR 200+ (including me) and the rest were actually players at the rating normal for running that mission. From start to finish .. 8 minutes and 39 seconds. Every mob was dead so if anyone wanted to go back and click on investigation/briefing markers there was nothing going to try and kill them. If they wanted to go click on the skeletons and get that feat nothing was going to attack them... And they all HAD the speed feat by the time we were done.

Now I am sorry but if completing a raid in under 9 minutes is not fast enough for anyone .. maybe they need to go find another game to play. LOL I am like you ..

[IMG]

Its nice to go in and have the mobs melt like butter before my AWESOMENESS ! LOL
    • Like x 3
  12. Rigel Cygni Well-Known Player

Catalyst are cheap that's why I don't bother with older missions and also what you stated, unless it's to help leaguemate and not stepping into LoA or that stuff
    • Like x 1
  13. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

High crs are leaving us skipping adds leaving us to die. Get them out of our content.
    *revamp happens*
    High crs arent running lower tier content and queues take forever. Incentivize the running of lower tier content.
    *artifacts happen*
    wtf?! high crs are skipping head.

So the cycle continues...

I cant be the only one who saw this coming, right?
    • Like x 4
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Knowing the DCUO player base... that was not difficult to see coming.

And they made it even worse since basically the only reason High CR players are there is for the Catalyst at the very end of the mission.
    So.... that only makes them want to skip to the very end of the mission as fast as they can even more.

So adding Catalysts in low level missions....
    good in theory since it gives a reason to replay those early missions.....

BAD in practice since most DCUO players will only want to skip to the very end of the mission.

Sadly many DCUO players seems to think they have carte blanche to act like DBags as much as they want with no considerations to anyone else. And the Higher the CR of the player.... the more he feels like he is entitled to act as a DBag.

Sad.... but that is what it is. :(

So yes.... it was pretty easy to see this coming.

But you have to wonder..... why did the Devs not see this coming??
    I supposed just one more example how the Devs really don't seem to know the DCUO player base?? o_O
    • Like x 2
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This game’s community is one of the worst I’ve seen in a game full stop, never mind an mmo. If I ever quit it’ll be because of them, not time capsules or stat revamps. I watched the livestream and when they were talking about the alert with the turrets and stuff I was just cringing because I know I’m going to get stuck on that repeatedly through no fault of my own because people just. WON’T. GET IT.
    • Like x 3
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

NO you were not even on test I thought to myself... "this will turn into a nightmare on live" The best part is for every low tier player out there that hates the mean awful high CR for ruining their gaming experience there are at least one (probably more) that long for those run where they can sit back and just rake in the booty as that High CR destroys everything in sight.

I did a Shadowland Duo yesterday, I was on my CR 189 Earth DPS/Tank and teamed with a player the proper CR for that mission (sorry his precise Cr escapes me at the moment no that it mattered much) So Dr. Fate opens the portal and I step inside... Of course I am immediately attacked and start to defeat adds. After I clear that first group (took about 3 o4 seconds) I notice my "TEAM MATE?" is still on the other side of the portal. I continue through the corridors and the guy has no moved an inch.

I am in there after TWO things (not just one) Nth Metal because all the catalysts in the world don't do you a bit of good until you get to the right level and you ONLY do that with XP from NTH METAL and of course the Catalyst that will drop after I crush Circe. So I shrug off my team mates lack of interest in play and just blast through everything in site and complete the duo. Circe goes down, I rescue Wonder Woman and .... he is still at the entrance to the portal... Guess he decided to take a snack break and watch me play the game..

Now unlike some players I am perfectly willing to go slow, even not use powers just weapon attacks and let lower levels get in their licks and hopefully have some fun. But we have some players out there that take on look at the HIGH CR and just decide its the perfect time to take a nap and still get rewards.

Of course on the other side we have those total jerks so anxious to get that catalyst and leave it is ridiculous. I'll spare the play by play but I did a League of Assassins and a DR 170+ was racing ahead and managed to glitch the final battle so that Ras was standing there in plain sight but no one could target him.. Ran like a total idiot through the whole mission and locked the rest of us out of one other boss battle and all for NOTHING because at that point all we could do was quit and start all over again.

Now to be fair i have also had several different adds on the Sub Construct raid with a combination of High Cr and CR appropriate for THAT mission and everything was defeated not just the bosses. There are good players out there that are willing to take the whole extra couple of minutes to not screw other players but sadly not enough.
    • Like x 1
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

here is an idea I just had.... How about we ADD some incentive to slowing down and defeating everything? No idea how hard it would be to code but place MORE Nth metal drops inside those raids and alerts than what a player would get just running around attacking random mobs in Gotham?

Cataalysts are the prime reason for doing a duo, alert or raid but Catalysts are also the ONLY thing a player can buy off the broker. Yeas you can use Marks and buy SOME off Constantine but at higher levels and with a 200 mark cap no one can just stand around and buy enough Nth metal you have to go play the game and get it.. We need those catalysts at level 20, 40,60, 80 and 100.. both all those levels in between require an ever increasing amount of NTH METAL.

Maybe? if we offer up more of it from those mobs in those mission the player base will slow down to get it?

Probably not but it might help
    • Like x 1
  18. recoil Committed Player

makes you wonder why half of these players are in the game doesn't it? personally if i'm doing something solo i have 1 rule: raze it to the ground, leave no red dots on the map and have fun doing it. other wise why bother playing a game if you don't have fun with it? if you want something you truly wish you could rush try staying in high school or go back to work for the day!
    • Like x 1
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Anyone know the answer to this small mystery? I ran the League of Assassins alert today with a team of nothing but 200+ We didn't rush .. took our TIME and defeated every single mob from beginning to end. Got to that final battle against Ras even made sure we defeated the other sub bosses in that room before attacking him. Then the 4 of us unleashed HELL and Ras went from 100% health to ZERO health in no time. AND that glitch occurred where the cut scene doesn't play and Ras can no longer be targeted.

Now (sigh) we all took off our armor ... ( sat in a circle and sang Kumbaya while we chanted) and let Ras kill all of us. After we ascended and were reborn on this earthly plain once more (amazingly) inside the Assassin's keep. LOL We went back and SLOWLY killed him so he'd actually DIE. I used nothing but weapon attacks.

JUST how slow do you have to go taking him out that first time to avoid that glitch? I mean come on the "objective" is "DEFEAT RAS AL GUHL" We did that so why'd I have to get naked and let him pound on my head .. then do it all again to get credit for completing the raid and get my Catalyst?

Hey the DEVs are the ones that told me I have to go in there and beat the crap out of stuff if I want the right catalyst.. I did what THEY asked.. Not my fault at CR 200+ defeating the alert big boss is kind of like that first time you did a St. patrick's Day mission in Metropolis with your new CR 100 (or higher) alt and a 6 level minion attacked you.. One weapon shot later he's gone. LOL

Oh and please allow me to clarify. NO I do NOT think we need to stat clamp all that stuff as a way to avoid it. (did I emphasize the word NOT enough?) :rolleyes:
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

You're preaching both to the choir *and* the congregation.

The choir already know. The congregation don't care.

I am, however, eternally grateful for your videos that taught me some parts of how to be the first, and not the second.
    • Like x 1