SLOW DOWN.... please.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Multiverse, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

Long story short - I run Healer (or have the option) in all content that drops Reagents, and I hang around and slip into DPS to finish off adds (often with the lowee-level back markers) - not just for the Reagent drops, but because quite often the run-aheads have aggro, aren't recovering Power or Health, don't know it, and drop like stones when they hit a boss or hard sub-boss.

I've seen 208+ with around 5% health triggering the Avatar of Tech - solo - and not understanding why they are dying, or why nobody else is there to back them up :(.
    • Like x 1
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You are right.
    But I thought it was worth a try. :(

Oh well.

Thanks for your support. ;) Glad my video taught you something. ;) ;) :D
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

To extend the mataphor, the trick is to get the congregation to join the choir. And quite often that means agreeing on the hymn sheet.

*EVERY* Alert or Raid I queue into, I ask "who knows this?".

Sometimes because I don't, and need to know.

It's simple (so largely language-neutral - many of the people that don't have English as a first language get it), and I don't mind being told how to do content I already know as long as everybody else is getting the info.

You'd be surprised how often "don't skip adds" comes up. Either because the Tank (if there is one) doesn't want to be aggroing uselessly, or the Healer doesn't want to have people out of line of sight, *or* be stuck healing the Tank as he slowly goes down under a barrage of adds that should have been cleared.

Usually, regardless of what people do, sticking to your role priorities teaches a lesson. If I'm healing, I stick with the Tank, and only throw group heals if I can and there's somebody else that will benefit. If I'm Tanking, I'll pop a shield / turtle and wait for somebody to realise.

Generally, if the troll, the tank or the healer dies, there needs to be a talk before anybody does anything after (even if nobody is listening, you have to try).
  4. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Indeed. We are still awaiting the Walk-In Teleporter for all instances. That would greatly reduce these types of issues.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Especially when there were so many complaints on these forums during the revamp about players "not feeling strong enough anymore." But when they have the opportunity to 1 shot lower stuff they instead choose to skip it :confused: Some players have become so lazy that hitting 1 button is now too much for them. When it comes down to it its really all about that 1 player who chooses to ignore the other 3 or 7 people in the group. These people think they are special. I put em in the same class with those players in duos who rush ahead and think u are there to be their sidekick and kill anything they happen to miss. Thank god for the ignore button.
    • Like x 2
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh I am so gonna run out of space there. Only today a wipe happened on Manbat when he had like 7% health. Because the healer “got distracted”. Like yeah sure let’s do the whole battle again from scratch because you decided to just drool all over your controller for a few seconds. GAH!
  7. Exostorm Well-Known Player

10 minutes? Try every 30-45 seconds, a minute at the most. But you would know that if you weren't in such a rush.
    • Like x 1