Skimming - Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jafin, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Azrael New Player

I like the original pose better b/c it looks unique and different. the new pose looks boring and generic. i like that we can change the color of the disc.
    • Like x 4
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

TBH the new stance makes the character look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. Maybe it's impossible to please us. :eek:
    • Like x 7
  3. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

The original stance made me think of Iron Man, using his palm blasters to stabilize himself in the air. To me, the second one feels more natural for someone standing on floating disks.

I approve.

But, a question though. What is the personality of the character Spytle was using with the altered pose? By any chance...is it primal? Is that the reason why his upper body is hunched over some? I'm wondering if personality choice is having an unintentional effect. I remember Spytle falling to the ground to show the visual glitch while running, but I don't remember him standing still.
  4. Anima Committed Player

Here's an idea:

Give males the new stance, give females the old stance. I thought it looked great. Please consider this. Notice "Powerful" personality isn't even the same between both genders.
    • Like x 3
  5. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

An idea for the special moves...
    Instead of ramming into the opponent, as with flight...
    Launch one of the discs at the opponent.
  6. Toshknight Loyal Player

if what you say is like it is... i think of magneto ,, floating on metal flat circles of metal...
  7. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea that reminds me of magneto for sure , can you change the color of these things?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes. They will be whatever colour your first colour in your style menu is.
    • Like x 2
  9. Ghostof91 New Player

I said the exact same thing, the new pose has a stiff look , were the original was more flexible looking.
    • Like x 1
  10. AzraelR Committed Player

THIS.
    • Like x 2
  11. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

I have a comical toon it could work for that's it. Also I hope they keep flight instead of replacing it with skimming. Combining flight and, super speed would be a better idea. I'm really not impressed. It's flight with acro pose and, all of flights skill moves.
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

Nice.
  13. RAM23Wolf New Player

I really do hope they do work it out like that, not everyone hated the original idle stance. This would be a great comprise, since most people's complaints of the original were that it looked feminine; if so then simply make it the female version. I think the new stance looks awkward, but better suited for male characters.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ghostof91 New Player

For those who don't feel skimming is worth $10 needs to understand that your paying for the new animation which takes alot of resources I think.

Please keep the old pose DEV's
  15. Marine Death Committed Player

Like really really? Yay! Take my money.
  16. Archangel Rafael New Player

[IMG]
    • Kirby tended to uses surfer-like poses for aero-disc flight. The imperative is to communicate the idea that the person is standing on these discs. It has to show weight. Done poorly it looks like the person is flying of their own accord and the discs are just stuck to their feet. The key is to be able to imply weight, support and balance with the pose of the character. Bent knees is a must.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Toshknight Loyal Player

for legnedary it will be 9 bucks lol
    • Like x 1