Skill Point Allocation in the Weapon Master Era

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, May 1, 2014.

1. Tilz Loyal Player

It's just when you miss skillpoints and you really want to optimize the stats.

Thanks for the info Remander (just read it now), did it already when I had low skillpoints :)
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Looks like this entire thread will soon become irrelevant history. ;)
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I don't know about that Remander. It just depends on whether you are willing to update the guide to reflect the realities of post Stats Revamp Weapon Mastery.

When speccing for StatsRevamp, there is still a method to the madness. I was doing the following:
    1. Fill out my default weapon combos.
    2. Spec into the single point Mastery for that weapon
    3. Take all of my top-level role-appropriate crits for my role
    4. Spend one SP to enlarge my power pool
    5. Start taking more role-level crits

If you're going for a Weapon Mastery playstyle, speccing into a second weapon tree happens somewhere after #5. I'm not sure where that point is though. There will definitely be some complexity to Skill Points allocation if you choose to go this route.

Mixed Weapon Mastery combos were of dubious usefulness in the 1.1 StatsRevamp Test Server build. I'm hoping they will do something to make them more interesting.

Let me know if you want some help with testing.
    • Like x 1
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, will require a brand new thread on the subject. Not sure I'm up to the task, as I may have my hands full with Celestial. Of course, if they don't rethink this long cooldown madness, I may not even be interested in spending my time on it. That will absolutely kill the dynamic game play, particularly for clipping combo powersets, like Celestial. Will see how it pans out.

BTW, glad to see you around!