Shattered Gotham Suggestions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by QuantumFlange, Mar 30, 2019.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

From what I can recall, there's at least one of those that actually lead to nowhere (I just can't remember which one). The easiest way to know which it is, open up your map and see if it's on the path.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I just ran this for the first time on a few toons yesterday....one in Event and one in Reg...neither seemed too tough to do, but I did fall a few times trying to rush vs jumping at the most advantageous point. Not sure what I'd think of Elite as I haven't run it. However, in the event run we did have someone who could NOT make it up (racked up like 10 deaths trying) and bailed. We ended up finishing the last boss 7 man because 3 people came in and left once they saw they'd have to go through the whole course just to get last boss. Would they have left if there was a teleporter? Maybe....maybe not. I don't see it being any kind of cheat to put one in that jumps to whatever the last rally point was at least, or like in SS (which was only end-running around walking through 5 sets of doors, saving like 30 seconds), have one that brings you to the LB room door.

Personally I liked the jumps...added a little challenge that was different from other runs....kind of like the recipe tasks in Fellowship. Ask me in a few months how cute I think it is though. May get tedious no matter how good people get on the jumps.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Everything gets tedious in a few months. That's just par for the course in this game. At least this raid won't make me sleepy in 3 months time (which I can't say for the other raids)...;)
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not sure I have ever made it through a 'Throne' last boss fight without nodding off a little bit.... So yeah.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yeah sure, because if you jump at the exact time to hit the sigil with a roll or to jump closer to the edge to not even need to roll isn't timing :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

no that's aim, which is a spatial measurement, not a unit of time. and as has been stated one does not need to hit the sigil, just the cloud itself, which means either it was entirely glitched to begin with and nothing i would have done would have mattered, or i simply found the one sigiled wisp cloud which went nowhere without realizing it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I created the evidence for you now you can use it to provide your own feedback to the developers :D

If someone fails at the last hurdle then yep, you're waiting 10 minutes. portal is required that warps to every boss fight unlocked ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Correct, but if you're running elite you're capable of jumping and this task shouldn't be hard, so the clarification wasn't really necessary within the context of the discussion I feel, because all it does is highlight the same feedback they were going for, which is to show the time frame it takes to basically run from start to finish and that a portal is probably justified ;)

It doesn't change the fact the task itself is quite easy though.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

They're the hardest part sure, but they're not really hit or miss if you time it properly.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks.

I agree with the need for a teleporter, because if you slip up at the end I appreciate that 5 minutes becomes 10 minutes.

I made the video to prove 2 things really, that it's not that hard, which it isn't, but also that oh well if mistakes do happen that time blows out, so hopefully the devs look at that too. I just put the evidence in front of them to show it. ;)
    • Like x 4
  11. High Troller Loyal Player

Tell your friends to share their feedback on here as well
    • Like x 2
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

yeah........i think i found the cloud teleporter which went nowhere like khalon stated, which would explain why it teleported me to random places and even to where i was supposed to go but killed me anyways.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I believe all the portals and ledges have a purpose, there is a feat for getting trapped civilians and there are also investigations and briefings off the regular path.
    • Like x 2
  14. not_again Dedicated Player

To further elaborate on this, the citizen feat is random. I have done it twice and some of the citizens were in the same place and others were not. Some of those random platforms and trails have citizens on them, but not in every run.
    • Like x 2
  15. Brit Loyal Player

So now that it's been timed, it is literally 5 minutes of waiting for a new join-in to reach you. That is assuming they perform flawlessly, and that they wait 4-6 seconds at the moving platform for it to drift to the right position. A full 5 minutes.

You know what happens in my experience when a raid pauses for a full 5 minutes?

Somebody gets impatient and decides they're going to try it with only 7. Maybe you win, maybe you wipe. With these boss fights, they're so easy you probably win, but finding 7 people who all want to stand around waiting and doing nothing for 5 minutes, now that's a real challenge. There are players who enjoy all different sorts of gameplay, but very few of them seem to enjoy being unable to play because they're stuck waiting.

Here's the really fun thing. The timer to AFK out is 10 minutes. So if you have somebody drop, and you invite in somebody else, and then you were to alt-tab or something because you're part of this ADHD generation who has to watch Youtube because sitting around for 5 minutes is stupid, it takes exactly one missed jump from your new invite to put you up to 10 minutes, and that's the point where group members start getting disconnected just by virtue of not playing for too long. Which is ironic, considering they created a raid that generates circumstances that causes players to be unable to play for those ridiculously long amounts of time.

It's too slow, too tedious. It's not a challenge; it's just an annoyance and a time-waster. Some players tolerate it right now because it's new and novel, but it's not fun and the more time passes, the more everyone is going to see that and stop running it.

There needs to be a portal to the last checkpoint. This is not about making players not have to make the jumps. This is about not requiring players to sit for extended periods of time waiting for people to make a long, slow walk with their travel mode off.
    • Like x 1