Shattered Gotham Suggestions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by QuantumFlange, Mar 30, 2019.

1. QuantumFlange Active Player

The jumping from platform to platform is pretty fun when the whole group is doing it together, but taking 10 minutes to reach the last boss if you’re invited in is pretty tiresome...

It’d be great if a simple teleporter was placed at the beginning to teleport you to the furthest area reached by the group, like in the Silent School alert. Either that or allow us to use our movement speeds up until the last area completed, before being grounded again thereafter.
    • Like x 7
  2. Proxystar #Perception

It really isn't as bad as people are making it out to be.

You simply jump and lunge and it'll take you to the next ledge every time. I'm not really sure why people are struggling with this.
    • Like x 3
  3. High Troller Loyal Player

not everyone is at your level unfortunately.

it would possibly help if we had markers and line vectors of where to jump or move to kinda like in The Division games. there are many players finding themselves to be very impaired at this task.
    • Like x 2
  4. QuantumFlange Active Player

I didn’t describe it as a struggle, I make every jump every time. Still doesn’t mean I want to make a 10 minute walking journey to the last boss if I’m invited in...
    • Like x 4
  5. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

You know what would be good too...how about 1 or 2 people go ahead...and they turn something on so people can cross...an the people that do it get feat so that eventually everyone will want to be the one to turn on the bridge for people. There you go. I still do not get how they did not make a solo where people could practice without the stress of holding people up. Or even a lit trail so people knew where to jump. SMH. We have that stupid Light thing for the Alert but not something to show us where to jump in a raid on a game where jumping was never required. That's my opinion.
    • Like x 3
  6. Proxystar #Perception

10 minutes is an exaggeration unless you're falling off.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  8. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. gemii Dedicated Player

Tala fight ... the meteor skull radius is to big I have to change my power just so I can stop and roll quick enough because my current power has to long of a drawn out animation. Even when I try to jump cancel and roll it’s still not quick enough because their is a slight delay the way my power works smh
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I 100% support a teleporter at the beginning that takes you to the nearest "checkpoint" of the raid that has been unlocked. Even though the platform jumping is easy it is time consuming when a group member disconnects from a crash and you have to wait for them to get all the way back to Mordru/Last Boss area.
    • Like x 7
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Ok my dear friend,

I have helped you out, it's a 4:54 stroll to the end :D

You are welcome ;)

• Like x 2
  12. QuantumFlange Active Player

And a teleporter would knock 4:52 off of that. You are welcome :)
    • Like x 2
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Might want to add that its the jumping for the regular (or event not sure never seen that version) but the jumps are different in elite there is alot of extra platforms missing and the final bridge doesn't have the protection and you can fall directly down.
    • Like x 1
  14. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Cool Video. Thanks for taking the time to make that.

So, it's a little over 4 minutes to make it to the end (if the peeps are waiting at the end boss for you)… with the assumption that a peep doesn't slip up/ fall. I personally feel like it's totally within reason to have 7 other peeps wait 4 minutes for a peep to make the journey. Seriously, no sarcasm there. 4 minutes is nothing. If they are inviting a new peep into the raid, they have to expect that peep to take a little time to travel to catch up. Key word there is a 'little' time.

If a peep slips up/ falls... that 4 minutes might be much, much longer though?
    Would that teleporter be a decent option then?
    or; waypoints, bridge levers, or the other options some peeps here have mentioned?

But, again, thanks for the video :)
    • Like x 1
  15. QuantumFlange Active Player

Don’t get me wrong, if you find walking across a map for 4 minutes entertaining then more power to you. Personally I find the actual fighting more interesting. By this logic we shouldn’t have a watchtower teleporter, à base teleporter, a relevant warfront teleporter because we can access these all by means of movement. Quite simply, and logically, it makes sense to cut out a 5min+ filler of uselessness... Don’t want to use the teleporter? Fine, by all means walk to the other end of the map but let the rest of us teleport to where we need to go if the group has already reached that point.

Take an elite run for example, you have multiple players who give up and drop out, each time you invite someone new you have to wait 5-10 minutes for them to reach the boss... ain’t nobody got time fo that.
    • Like x 2
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

for the rocks sure, but what about the wisp portals which are hit or miss? 12 out of my 13 fall deaths were from trying to hit the wisp clouds with constantine's sigil on them, which means i only fell off a rock once. my suggestion would be.......replace the hit or miss parts with rocks.
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

Or... and bare with me on this one ... time your jumps! \o/
    • Like x 1
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i'm not talking about the rocks, i'm talking about the mid air sigils one has to hit with the pentagram/constantine's emblem on them, and those CAN'T be timed except for the one which moves back and forth (and i believe that all have to be passed through dead center to work). it's not a matter of timing it's a matter of margin of error, even a centimeter off will send you plunging to certain doom. more specifically i'm talking about the one with a tree and or tree root in the way. my solution to this is simply to make much more of the actual sigil count towards the teleportation. put simply hit and pass through some part of the glowing pentagram in general and be teleported.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I thought that too, you just have to get in the cloud to be sent to wherever it'll drop you to. And that can be timed same as the rocks.
  20. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i'm wondering if it's glitched then, cause i always aimed for and hit the sigil on some part of it, but then i either fell through to certain doom (except for the one time out of 12 that i completely missed the sigil and hit the edge of the smoke), or one attempt i hit it perfectly center and fell through to join the rest of the group but died anyways (i could see the rest of the group on the next rock over from me in that attempt), so i arrived at the right place but died anyways.