Share your bases

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Achikah All About That Base

I feel that. It can get overwhelming, especially when you have multiples to finish or get an idea or inspired to make a new one. Mix that with actually playing the game, new DLCs, and then the furniture grind on top, it can be a lot- and that's just thing pertaining to the game, not irl time management.

On the topic, I also wanted to say thank you for the thread you posted about the base item vendor. It's definitely needed, or at least, would make decorating a lot easier/enjoyable. I'd say I'd keep a look out for sunstone stuff but I'm US server so I'm not much help. :(
    • Like x 2
  2. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Holiday Lodge is a work in progress but I have to say, I really like how the new "Holiday Stockings on Fireplace" looks when it's merged with the old Festive Fireplace
    [IMG]FGNT3CWXEAY0r7s by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    We still need a larger scale Festive Holiday tree (none hero-specific)
    • Like x 2
  3. Aegle Hygeia New Player

Hey I’m on PlayStation my name is Aegle Hygeia I love bases and would love to check out other people bases and mine too add me if y’all want
    • Like x 2
  4. Eve YouTuber

This base was toured by Oceans during Extra Life. It's called Mera's Manor and is of my Iconic character Mera. :) I still need a few base items and final touches, but It's pretty much complete.

• Like x 1
  5. Achikah All About That Base

There is a Festive Holiday Tree (Large) this year! It was one of the vault-only exclusive items introduced. Ranmaru and Charon, however, stated they were adding all vault-exclusives to the vendor and I think the hotfix just dropped this morning so it should be waiting for you in there as we speak! :)

Also, very good screenshot too- always enjoy a nice X-mas base. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Hi and welcome, Aegle! Currently I'm in the process of slowly updating my youtube with tours of my bases if you wanna check them out. Link is in my signature. I'll gladly give an invite to any you wanna see in person too, just let me know! Would also love to see yours as well if you have them. I'm on USPS/PC server as Achikah.

Very nice, Zoe! I love all the Atlantian iconography you squeezed in there. I forget how many cool posters the devs have given us as gifts throughout the years. I really like the water hallway with the sharks- like a personal Sheed Aquarium transport going from room to room.
    • Like x 1
  6. Achikah All About That Base

Alright, a new Wednesday a new base!

This week I did a walkthrough of Illyria's first base- The Sacrifice! It was originally a Dive theme but I updated it immediately with the drop of the Volcano lair. Cheers!

• Like x 1
  7. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

When a lot of the vault exclusives dropped into the vendor today I grabbed the ice brick flooring. It makes a nice tile floor for ICETORA OLAFSDOTTER’S bathroom….
    [IMG]Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    (Although I kinda wish it wasn’t so thick! It kinda stops up the drains in the shower and tub!)
    • Like x 2
  8. Eve YouTuber

Thank you!!! :)

Amazing, your bases always inspire me to do better with mine. :D
    • Like x 1
  9. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

So I decided last night to upscale CLASSIC ARCHER's base from Penthouse to Manor lair I pretty much used up everything in the Penthouse to just fill up the Main chamber (minus the camping gear)
    [IMG]GREENBOW's GROVE 2.0 by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    hopefully, It'll be ready to completely show off in August or September
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

This looks amazing!!
  11. Ryll Committed Player

Finished my take on Wayne Manor a couple weeks back and the tour video went up today ;)

I didn't decorate 1 room and 1 hallway because I maxed out before even getting them started. I figure if they raised the cap to about 1000 I would have enough to finish this base off.
    • Like x 2
  12. Achikah All About That Base

I commented this on the video itself, but the Art Deco Door handles for the towel rack, that's a game changer. Love when people use items in unintended creative ways like that, so awesome.

Very nicely done. Hopefully the cap will be raised soon so we can see it completed in full. Very excited to see what you do with the other room and hallway.
  13. Achikah All About That Base

Happy Wednesday everyone! New base tour is up, and, potentially, the last one for the year for me. This one I'm really proud of and just finished this weekend. It's a base I've had since the beginning, first in the Tech theme, now in the Manor, and fully redesigned. This is my Thanagarian combat medic/soothsayer Knightingale, and her hospital base entitled Aethereus Memorial.

Also, I stated this at the end of the video, but I just wanted to reiterate and shoutout the base building community here on DCUO. I'm pretty reclusive, both irl and online, and as silly as it sounds I was really nervous putting myself out there by posting videos, comments, and really just being vocal on the forums. But everyone here has been really receptive and positive, and it's just really wonderful to share in a creative, constructive, and supportive artistic community again. So thank you all. This'll probably be my last video for the year, so ya, just wanted to say thanks to everyone and wish you all a nice relaxing break and New Year's.
    • Like x 3
  14. Eve YouTuber

Amazing Job as always!!! I created this thread with this intention in mind - to be positive, safe thread to share your base building progress(or complete work). We never had an official one (and I did ask Mepps about pinning this one...he said we have too many pinned atm last I asked but it would be great to have it next to Costume Content as It's a very used creative thread by the community!

I wish you happy holidays, even tho I do not celebrate Christmas & New Year Eve (I have my country's holidays lol) but I hope you will have a good, safe and fruitful year. :)
    • Like x 2
  15. Eve YouTuber

Looks great! I wondered if anyone will upload a Wayne Manor lair since we got the Manor. Hopefully they will raise the cap again next time :) And same thing for League Halls...and maybe a new League Hall... It will fit to have a Fortress\Themysciran League Hall. lol This girl is dreaming.

Edit: I liked and Subbed btw :)
    • Like x 3
  16. Eve YouTuber

Love it and I can't believe I never replied to that. <.>
    • Like x 1
  17. Achikah All About That Base

Thank you! And yes, it would be great to have it pinned. We don't posts as much as the Costume thread, sure, but it takes week/month/sometimes years to put a base together whereas you can design and outfit fairly quickly. Either way, pinned or not, I'm glad this thread is here and serves as a supportive space for all creators. It's really wonderful.

Happy holidays to you as well, and everyone reading this! I should still be poking around between the festivities but just in case I get caught up I wanted to put out some well-wishes for the end of the year. It seems DC did too because base items, deeds, and armories are FINALLY on sale! Couldn't have asked for more.
    • Like x 3
  18. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I was adding some shelves to Bookworm's Library and suddenly something looked off to me. Is it just me or do some of these bookshelves have a slight tilt to them?
    [IMG]Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    the flat book cases against the wall seem to be leaning back slightly the one directly in front seems to be slightly off center and even the very large bookcase seems to be leaning over a bit.
    • Like x 1
  19. Eve YouTuber

It does look like that. Nothing is really symmetric in this game lol
  20. Eve YouTuber

Yeah I think the same, maybe we just need to convince Mepps somehow :D I know Costume thread wasn't pinned in the first years either lol but It is a useful & creative thread.

I had the opportunity to speak to Spytle when the 10th Anniversary came around, he said that base building is his baby and he is so happy that me and others enjoy decorating those. Deffo want to shout out Spytle here for giving us this option, It's one of my favorite things to do and I can spend days just decorating my bases. Happy Holidays! And i got some armories, but need to get my missing lairs so I can decorate & showcase haha :p