Share your bases

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

in theory il be back in game on saturday i may have a couple chairs, i will look but i dont know if the toon is eu or us so i may not be able to help
  2. Eve YouTuber

EU :( but I appreciate the offer!
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

lol one day you will join the us more and il be able to help lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Achikah All About That Base

Definitely also an option, especially if winter seasonal furniture is being utilized as well.

I know. Having a base item boxes for those tiers would be so helpful in a ton of situations... I made a thread asking for Base Item Boxes from pre-Doomed Metropolis but it didn't get any traction. Hopefully one of the devs at least took a glance at it, though I doubt anything will be done. :oops:

And ya, the chairs are from DWF's investigations. So if you have a character who hasn't run or collected that, you could pick one up.
    • Like x 1
  5. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

oh and on a few of the videos i posted ive made comments in some cases giving background on the base or what have you
    • Like x 2
  6. Trykz Dedicated Player

I live in a dumpster.
    This is a really cool thread.
    • Like x 2
  7. Achikah All About That Base

I just got through checking out all of them. Very nice work! I really like how you used the natural cave inlet for a alcove pond area in Lycan's Den. The rainbow crystal base was my favorite.

Well, with the shabby set and all the scattered dirt/trash/rusted stuff in game I'm sure it's a very fine dumpster. ;)
    • Like x 3
  8. JailhouseBat Active Player

Thank you. Do you know of anyplace i can get Romantic Tables from besides Valentine's Day event? I need a bunch to finish my mansion.
    • Like x 1
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

I now have a purpose and a theme. I will update when this dream comes to fruition haha
    • Like x 1
  10. Achikah All About That Base

Sadly, like most seasonal items, the only way to get Romantic Tables is through the Valentine's Day event, or be lucky enough to find one on the broker.

You could check out Round Dining Tables or Tarnished Dining Tables. They both have that clothed table/dining hall sort of look, but they're not nearly as nice as the Romantic ones.
    • Like x 1
  11. Achikah All About That Base

Haha! Most excellent. I can't wait to see what you come up with, should be a really fun concept.
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

Here it is, I think this is the only base I am not 100% happy about:
    • Like x 3
  13. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

not a bad base Zoe, i see the intent i think......
    • Like x 1
  14. Achikah All About That Base

Nice start! I can see the Kryptonian influences. Had to take a lot to collect all that stuff!

If you're down for feedback, I have an idea... Since you're encompassing really all things Kryptonian/Supers related, I would actually shift from making a full, active fortress to making it a Kryptonian museum. You could make the Fortress of Solitude aspect like an interactive walkthrough, like how museums facilitate being in an actual environment for education purposes. Make this a larger room/section of the base (like the large central room or the basement) since you've already farmed so much stuff for it. You could do all kinds of smaller displays and off-shoots for different eras/crisis (Doomsday, Kandor, Lexcorp, Daily Planet etc.) Throw in some rope barriers, some plaques from the Zoo DLC or Arcane Book Pedestals for exhibit explanations and separation, maybe a gift shop and/or a coffee/cafe.

Anyway, I'm just brainstorming, but I really do think it'd help focus the base while still keeping with the style and theme you have going on. Either way, I'm sure it'll turn out great. :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

see i was going to suggest that maybe with winter event just around the corner she could utilize snow and ice stuff and go for more of a FOS spin
    • Like x 1
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Bump, hopefully I get these WIP bases finish soon.:eek:
  17. Achikah All About That Base

Another Wednesday, another new base tour!

This week I'm showcasing my froze over castle/village- Everfrost Keep!

I had Oceans tour this one during the Extra Life livestream, so it might look familiar if you caught it there. I'm actually planning on separating this one into two different bases- Cave theme for the village and Manor theme for the castle- so I wanted to have a record of what it looked like before I start renovating it.

Anyway, enough of my blabbin'. Let me know what you guys think!
    • Like x 3
  18. Eve YouTuber

I remember this one!!! LOVE your bases, they always inspire me to do better in mine. Keep up the great work!

Also I think I will work really hard on my bases before next year, so if Oceans does more base tours- they will actually look full and inspiring. Most of my bases were work in progress aside from 3-4 bases.
    • Like x 2
  19. Achikah All About That Base

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that!

I think it's really cool to have documented and shown WIPs though. There's something really rewarding and interesting when comparing them with the final projects. It lets you look into the artist/designer's thought process and see which direction they go or how much they've grown. I can't tell you how many of my bases I wish I had footage/screenshots of or hadn't updated- especially the really early 200 spot/no clip ones. It'd be like night and day compared to what we have now. Closest I have is my hedge maze base which hasn't been touched in half a decade or so. I'm redoing it this spring and plan on doing a dual tour video, kinda of like a before and after thing which I'm really amped for.

But ya, while WIPs don't have the razzle dazzle of finished bases, seeing where they go down the line will make it that much more engaging and interesting when finished. So, I definitely think it was a good move to show them, especially if you plan on showing them again the next year/tour stream. Plus, the money spent to show them went to a great cause which is definitely awesome all round. :)
    • Like x 2
  20. Eve YouTuber

True. This is what I did with my own videos too, uploaded WIPs and then the finished product. But I realized I didn't put enough effort to finish them like I planned to, so I made a list of my bases and their themes and now waiting on related seasonals and farming content\broker to get what's needed. Hopefully I can finish my Kryptonian themed Lair soon, but this is so far away from being finished with how crap the drops are.
    • Like x 2