Downtime Server Downtime - May 6, 2015 - Game Update 47!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MajorThor New Player

It is, this was a poorly implemented patch. So much so that they're making the Devs at Blizzard Entertainment look good.
    • Like x 1
  2. dedburton New Player

Hey Devs! Just wanna remind you of this idea, you've said it'd be a hassle to change things in DCUO to lean more for the New 52, but instead of that haywire, would it be possible ONLY to update the models of heroes and villains, of the world, to reflect the NEW 52 looks? nothing to change but the look of the models, everything stays as is! It's would mean sooo sososo much if that happened! Anyway thanks for your time, keep up the great work!
    • Like x 2
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

Just want to say, to anyone thinking about quitting: If you still like the game you should check back in a few days or weeks (or months) and see if the problem is still there. It's not clear if the difficulty is working correctly. They're planning on adding some more to T4 when they have the time. And this:
    • Like x 2
  4. Corto New Player

Got the exact same feeling.
  5. mamachicho New Player

al cambio de marcas de triunfo por marcas de victoria, no tengo otra que estar conforme aunque hayamos salido perdiendo. pero no entiendo por que al finalizar las incursiones del nivel que sea no recibo ninguna recompensa de marcas nuevas. buug, error o es que funciona asi?
  6. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Love the update
    • Like x 1
  7. LaBiggs New Player

So when is Halls of Power Part 2 gonna be released? I'm not asking for a specific date, just an estimate.
    • Like x 1
  8. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

It will come out next time. I think so.
  9. M.Amer New Player

:) 'Thank you for ruining my game' :)

First of all congratulations on the new update.

Now, the most thing that annoyed me in this UPDATE is the MARKS, I'm F2P with a CR 86 before the update which has become now 88 which is great but useless, since i can't get any Marks of Victory from anything except ONE Mark from Zatana's daily mission & weekly from the Vault & that's IT.

It's either u unlock 1 content from each Tier so WE can still enjoy some of what you've ruined OR get the rewards back as they were before! (with marks).

Otherwise you'll find yourselves FAILING so fast in this game before you even have the chance to make things right.

And i know this will mostly come back firing at me with BUY THE GAME or GET A MEMBERSHIP or BUY EPISODES, but i had to get these words out of my system & honestly i don't think it's any of anyone's business that i want to stay F2P, because as limited as i was, i was at least able to have Fun some with my friends & now it's just depressing & not everyone can BUY it.

After all IT'S JUST A GAME & despite of what other people might think or say, it's supposed to be at first about FUN not FUND.

Thanks all.
    • Like x 4
  10. KoSmiR85 New Player

oh god this update...
    first you totally ruined pvp factor with only dps armor
    then you smashed dlc's selling system in steam
    and now that....i mean who creator this bad ideas?
    so now if i don't have replay badges i need wait 1 months for collecting marks from raids????????????
    and this new marks system "cr57 pve vendor OLD=60marks or triupmh New=44 marks on victory, cr80 pve vendor OLD=7500 marks of triumph New=60 Mark of victory
    are you serious?why you killing your own game???
    if that system stay me and another 28ppl totally delete this "ungaming" game.
    • Like x 3
  11. darkscarletx Loyal Player

All complaining but they will all come back after some hotfix and the new dlc. Each updates, people want to leave but the game will survive. I personnaly am glad for this update.
    • Like x 1
  12. LaBiggs New Player

When is "next time"? I'm bored you know o_o'
    • Like x 1
  13. darkscarletx Loyal Player

You can create a new toon.
  14. imabigbeast3 New Player

when is halls of power 2 comeing out
  15. Azrael New Player

Its poor management. Before implementing game sweeping changes that no asked for. The devs should have "filled the gaps" way long before.

We have been begging for t4 duos since DLC 3 and we now what ...DLC14 and still none. Thats poor planning especially when you inflate people's Cr so they are no longer relevant for content they have already paid for.

Bad business - just plain in simple. Especially since they are enforcing these changes for cash grab replay badges sales. Dcuo cannot retain its new players and this Gu only exacerbates it.
    • Like x 4
  16. .PHREAK. New Player

Since GU 47....as a Legends Subscriber.
    So, from getting one shotted in solo Strykers, and even outside Strykers, to walking through Outer
    Caverns annihilating everything in my path...it's been an 'interesting' update...highly erratic, totally
    unpredictable, home turf has had components deleted... only F2P CR's getting bumped up to force
    New DLC purchases....seriously? What where you guys smoking?
    • Like x 2
  17. BlackOrchid New Player

You know I wasn't really bothered by this update until like I said before I did alerts and got killed in 2 shots by a lvl 10 baddie. Also when I repaired my gear in the alert it said they were all not collected and I don't think I was receiving any of their stats but when I repaired them outside of an alert they were collected and I was taking down lvl 10 baddies in a couple of shots.....I normally don't complain but this makes no sense
    • Like x 2
  18. Morgenstern New Player

Just before today's downtime started, I was doing the Tunnel of Lust duo as a cr 98 fire tank. The other person was quantum, cr 90 or so if I remember right. ALL the npcs took at least 2-3 times as much to take down compared to before the update. Donna Troy one hit KO'd my partner, and nearly did the same to me three times. If not for having multiple ways to get shields and healing, we wouldn't have even gotten past her. (force field, accomplice shield, soder, accomplice heals, etc) She was harder than Jacob himself ever was.

And then there's Jacob. We couldn't do enough damage fast enough to keep him from reaching full power, when before he'd only get past two of the five steps if we made bad mistakes along the way. The second time we tried and he hit full again, I threw two 50% supercharge attacks, and it didn't even appear to do any damage at all.

This sort of "challenge" isn't fun, and being forced to have perfect teamwork and the ideal loadout (there's never any single ideal loadout anyway) honestly just makes it miserable to play.

Please fix things so everyone can have something to enjoy again, and the game doesn't devolve into being nothing but hardcore players. I've been here since beta (with a subscription from the start), I've loved so much in the game, but with everything becoming such high difficulty and so grind oriented, I'm likely to become yet another casualty.

I *want* to stay, I *do* know how to do well in the game as it was before this, but if it's going to stay like this I won't be staying.
    • Like x 5
  19. BlackOrchid New Player

yeah I was looking at nearly 300 hits for me to take down lvl 10 hive peeps and I was lvl 27 CR 24 I understand making the baddies harder but this is a bit ridiculous
    • Like x 2
  20. Demontronic New Player

I have stopped doing my solo runs, my dual runs and maybe attempt a raid that will give me marks. I only log in for my daily vault now and the event part as getting only loot from low level combat rating runs is no benefiting me anymore. Only doing them just to help my lower level guild members out. Its nice to help out and get them marks not complaining there. Just takes up more of my own time to play and get marks for myself. wastes part of my day when I log in and attempt a raid that more often then not does not get completed because of other players, High levels help low players through content, it is often like that in all other games. If a high level does mind to help all the better, It upsetting though as they can not get a mark or 2 instead they just collect loot/junk they do not even need or want to have as they had it long ago in the first place...makes higher levels feel out of a place and more of a mentor type when helping with low level content. After a while gives them the and us all high levels a feeling of whats the point of doing them anyways just for the same old loot and waiting for a higher raid to do around their level and waste hours of their game time trying to complete. sure harder is more challenging but when no one is around your level of cr to do a raid. players will either just get bore and log off or play some low level character they created and still possibly feel annoyed knowing at the same point their new character will stop getting marks.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.