Downtime Server Downtime - May 6, 2015 - Game Update 47!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yasamaru New Player

I've never been to these forums before but after this update I couldn't just let this pass by. I used to be able to do strykers island but now it's almost impossible unless I kill 1 npc at a time. I don't get marks from anything at cr 70 except for 1 alert and 2 raids so how in the world am I going to get more marks? Btw the only alert I can do now is impossible to complete unless I have at least 2 cr 100's on my team because the mobs kill anyone under cr 80 in 2-5 hits and I've been queued for almost 2 hours in raids with no luck of finding a group. How did this make the game better?
    • Like x 2
  2. Kitimochi New Player

I'm with a lot of others , what is the point of being CR114+ now ? guess its time to find another game to play even though this one was a lot of fun this update just destroyed the game (in my opinion) it went from being fun to not doable , even jumped on my CR 34 munitions to do a duo thinking that maybe it was just the higher end content , we could not finish the duo with a CR 34 and 35. Granted I am sure that i'm not the best player out playing but seriously this update was a game killer no more sub from me.
    • Like x 2
  3. T102NEMESIS Active Player

ok game tested did some alerts and i'm glad that there is no freezing.
    +the styles of gotham wastelands and ranx/mogo are cheap for 10 marks
    - the other styles are still on 70 marks. please change that
    +on open world it is still easy to make bounties
    -on raids and alerts the npcs are stronger maybe too strong. please remember that we can NOT play with god mode like u programmers. please change that the game should make fun and should not be unbeatable.
    - dlc isn't able to play yet but i suppose it will be this week?!?
    - no marks for lower missions this is a big BIG mistake from u . everyone need marks and everyone want marks so if there is no reward looooots of ppl will be mad at u please change that it would be better trust me
    i see that i am not the only one who is not happy with the strenght of the npcs. please change that it would be better for ur image if u listen to every single gamer.
    • Like x 2
  4. T102NEMESIS Active Player

not every gamer is willing to help. u should know that there are a lot of arrogance in the servers
    • Like x 1
  5. akaivy Dedicated Player

i can see these changes chart away the casual player, which should make some of the ummm serious players happy. players that do become discouraged and leave will no longer recommend this game to others therefore reducing the number of new players. I don't know where I fall in the mix. I enjoy the game but have never been eager to play with those serious players because they tend to be more critical than helpful and that sucks the fun out of it for me. I want to stay with the game because I love it but time will tell if its worth what I anticipate having to deal with.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I see your point, but I am not too worried about that at the moment. I don't think we are going toward another elitist era. I might be wrong, of course.

I understand that my approach to the game is quite peculiar, because i don't play to obtain stuff. I don't really care about loot or level progression. I just want to be good at what I do and to have fun. I don't play Throne of Hades because it's too difficult for me and it doesn't have characteristics I find interesting. It's just a long, punitive and frustrating fight. I could obtain better loot, but I don't care. I love Labyrinth of the Lost Souls or Return to the Nexus and I play that one often, sometimes more than once per day, because it's fun.

My attitude allows me to cope with any change in the game more easily. If the game remains fun to play, good, otherwise I will try to change things; if I don't succeed, I move on. No biggie. I see people getting really stressed and angry every time there is a significant change. Many of those people, after they analyzed the changes learn to like them. Others quit playing.

I invite everyone to look at the entertainment provided by the time spent playing as a reward in itself, without giving too much importance to trivialities like loot and marks: those are just an excuse to play a session, but if you let the fun to be your main motivation, I promise you will enjoy this game a lot more. If you are not having fun playing, you are doing it wrong or with the wrong video-game. :)
  7. Kaladin Well-Known Player

I see a problem with this. I like how its balanced with the CR's, however if you cant even get loot from missions that are super low to your CR, then how can one finish styles that only drop in those lower missions if they (like me) are already past the CR point of no return for loot? That is feats I wont be able to complete if I can not go farm those lower Tier missions for the pieces I am missing that only drop there.
  8. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

????

You get loot, just no marks.

Nice to see the first hotfix will not need additional downtime. Not so nice to see that this first hotfix will do nothing about wrong caps and wrong conversions or other errors regarding the new marks.... So there are other hotfixes to come....
    • Like x 2
  9. BlackOrchid New Player

um.....why are the lvl 10 baddies in the Hive alert taking down my lvl 27 char in 2 hits?
  10. DemiGodRick Active Player

um i notice SMl still here.is it there tell new dlc / untell 2morrow.
  11. SniperVision New Player

like the game but made it 2 hard for new players think its time to cancel sub
  12. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

So I logged in today and I find I have nothing to do at all. Maxed out on marks, I have all the styles and just flew around and checked everything out and came to the conclusion that its my time to leave. I'm just done with this game. I have enjoyed since beta and met some great people but lately. playing is a choir and a grind and not fun. Just doing things because I have too. And alerts and missions that just weren't fun. I don't know, the game is getting stale and defiantly needs some fresh creative blood brought in. While before today if the grind got boring, you could do some of the lower content for fun and few marks ...now not so much. Whoever came up with the three dlc format should be publicly flogged and lets be honest with each other its really only one dlc that gets a little harder every few months. I'm so sick of the Amazons and the Lanterns and The New Gods. DC comic has over ten thousand characters and they pick these lame failures? I can get it from the fan boy prospective but for a superhero game it doesn't feature many superheroes when it could. Anyway ......Thank you game updates 47.... What a great unintentional jumping off point.....I'm sure Columbus Nova will have the geniuses behind this update up for cocktails in few months ....LOL
    • Like x 3
  13. Alexander85 New Player

but the armor rewards you earn by raid(necropolis,LD,L&W)they are stronger than those of level 100 and 99?????Why ???
  14. MajorThor New Player

Apparently 1 more time, because I can never see the MOTD due to Trade and LFG chat spam. And I've just very recently been active on the forums so I've seen no posts that remotely say; "Spend your current Marks of Triumph ASAP."
  15. Kinkerbell New Player

Okay, please don't bite my head off here okay? ;) But...I have a couple of questions.

I am new here and only been playing a few months.

But first! Some background on me. Now I don't do raids or anything like that. I don't like to be yelled at or called names because I don't know what I am doing. All I know is I generally have fun but other people with me don't. I'm okay with that, I am just a girl that plays video games for fun and generally just pushes buttons and see what cool move they do and follow other people around. I don't even have a League or anything. So needless to say, people don't like playing with me because I don't know what I am doing. I try but alas, pushing random buttons just works for me, sometimes I die and sometimes I don't. But I have fun.

So! Now you know my background, here are my questions :

1) If I don't do raids or anything like that do the marks even matter to me? I mean, I like my house to look pretty and things but is that really it?

2) I like to run around and do feats and things like that. So are the raids you guys are talking about (the if you go back you can only do them once and that's it) have feats or is it just a raid type of thing. -- Forgive me, I am new and somewhat lost so sorry if this question is stupid.

3) IF by some chance someone takes pity on my poor soul and are like "Hey! Come play with us, we don't bite too hard, we promise to allow you to have a safeword!" will all of the marks I have saved up mean something or will I have to really just start out at T1 and work my way up to the other people that are at like T3? I save everything, I have like 800 replay badges and what not.

So those are my only questions. I read through the forum thread and people are saying that it is much harder for a new person to start playing so am I kind of at a loss or should I just keep playing and having fun and ignore the updates completely?

Sorry if my post is so long and sorry if it is annoying.

Have a great night/day!
  16. Vain Attempt New Player

Just renewed a 3 month sub., and for what? It freaking never fails, new group buys gaming division or company...Then proceeds to ruin the product. You guys are a freaking piece of work. Before this patch I was doing ok on Oolong, now I get owned by one freaking bot. "Hey you need team work..that'll work." <<< Freaking hilarious, it was hard enough trying to get help before. Whoever envisioned this is a complete tool. DCUO sucks *** now.. Great job guys.
    • Like x 3
  17. MajorThor New Player

GU 47 ruined this game for me. The new CR-to-NPC potency sucks, before the patch I DIDNT get 2 shot by spirits in the 4 man T4 Op, now I totally do. Not only that but my Equipped CR is 82 but my overall CR is now somehow 84 which pushed me out of my Tier 4 bracket, now I'm being forced into buying Episodes 6-9 as a bundle to continue. Well played Daybreak, money grubbing !$@#@$#erds.
    • Like x 3
  18. MajorThor New Player

Also: This is so buggy, according to the Tier 5 Operations I'm only lacking an Episode in order to Queue. However, according to Tier 5 Alerts, my Combat Rating is too low AND I'm missing an Episode. Which is it Daybreak? Get yer act together.

Edit: And while not being lootlocked, I received no Marks for killing bosses in Wayward Souls.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

1 - The marks in general are for you to progress your character. You do not have to do the raids to progress but it makes it faster because you get better drops and because they give marks too. (Everything now drops marks of victory).

2- You can do raids once a week. But you can repeat them as many times as you like. When your cr exceeds the cr that is described on the on duty tab then you will get gear but you will not get marks. However, you can always go back and get the feats. There are feats for about everything in this game, so you always have something to work on. At least I do.

3 - In terms of how to use your marks its more difficult for me to answer. I am tier 6 so I am less familiar with the changes at the lower level. However, my advice is to use the drops when you can to gear up using less marks. Marks are not really difficult to earn but you do have to earn them by running solos, duos, alerts, and raids. You can choose which you like running you do not have to run them all.

I did just start a new alt today but I really just got out of the tutorial. I noticed it is actually easier so far because our stats are higher than they were before. Most people are just complaining because this is a change. You can level up just fine. Before the change I leveled an alt in less than a week to t6. I am sure it would take a lot longer now. But why rush through the game? When I first started playing I was excited because there was so much content for me to complete. I always had something to look forward to do.

Choose whether you want to continue by whether you are having fun or not. I do not always agree with all the changes but so far I like this update.
    • Like x 2
  20. MajorThor New Player

This new update is a way for Daybreak to make more money. They've ruined my CR to the point where I need to buy more DLC to progress, or go Legendary. Equipped CR is 82, but due to a few items in my inventory that I was saving for a possible Tank setup, my CR is actually somehow 84. I can't do Tier 5 due to not having the episode (Tier 5 Operations that is, According to my On Duty menu I can do Tier 5 Ops with my current CR, just lacking the DLC. But I can't Queue for Tier 5 Alerts or Raids because my equipped CR is too low) and because I don't get marks in Tier 4 anything because my "Inventory CR" is too high for them. I'm screwed, it's either vendor the gear in my inventory that I've been saving for my Tank setup thereby getting screwed out of hours/days of play or quit the game.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.