Downtime Server Downtime - March 28, 2019 - Justice League Dark

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Perhaps it is because of some of the feedback from testing; the devs may have decided to make some last minute changes to the update notes and/or to the new content. *shrugs*

Also, I think they are being cautious because of how long the last major update took and how many times the game went down after the fact.
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

You ask this question / make this comment *every update* - and get the same reasoned replies *every update* - and yet here we are again...
  3. Ekart Committed Player

And I will ask or make statement on the next GU again and again. Why? Because posting update notes at least 12h before servers are down is the right thing to do. I don't buy stuff on blind faith, do you?
  4. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

i just came back to dcuo after 3 years, i kno in the past wen an update comes out we cant login, but i was at least able to see my character list, has this changed or what? because im stuck at connecting to login server screen, i just wanna make sure my ps4 isnt buged, my ps4 has been acting up lately
  5. shatanka New Player

Lol. If you look enuff, u can find every change.And as someone stated there was last min changes on test just yesterday so..... Add it up. Just found it funny.Your acting like its gonna ruin your dlc lol. Anywho lol tc. Im sure notes will b up soon. 2 funny.
  6. shatanka New Player

No your fine. Character select screen will pop when the updates live!
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Kilbane Active Player

By them posting notes 12hrs before you are going on "blind faith". They may have a list of things planned, and find out that implementing item 7 out of 30 broke 14 other items so they don't do it. You can test all day, but the fact is just because it worked in the Test environment, doesn't mean it'll work in Prod. That's just I.T. for you.

It's way easier to say "This is what we did." Than to say "This is what we plan to do." Then have to come back and say "Unfortunately we couldn't do xyz." there is nothing down that road but frustration and hearbreak for both Devs and players.

Patch notes should be hard facts. Not hopes and dreams.
    • Like x 3
  9. myandria Item Storage

Hahahaa!
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Don't update/log in until 12 hours after they post the notes. Problem solved.

Meanwhile, I'll be in game, reading the notes whenever they are posted...k bai.
    • Like x 1
  11. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

Wouldn't it be keen if the JLD DLC had a baby sister for Teekl and Isis?!

*purrs with antici …………………... pation!*
    • Like x 1
  12. Daedrike Active Player

No. Just no. There's a little "wiggle" room, but patch notes for ALL games are required to be published prior to download of said patch. Why? Well, you can't agree to download something if you don't know what it is, at least, you really shouldn't. For all you know, as I assume you've launched the launcher, and downloaded the files from daybreak already, what if they release the patch notes and say we included a virus that causes your computer/xbox/playstation to become inoperable if you close DCUO. I mean obviously, who would do that, but it's an extreme exaggeration on a pretty simple statement. They are supposed to let us know what we're downloading before we download it, not "when they get around to it".
  13. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will continue to post patch notes when they are ready. Most Game Update patch notes won't hit the day before. You are welcome to download the update or not at your leisure.
    • Like x 10
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The patch is free :)
    • Like x 2
  16. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Not only that, it's got a free preview of the DLC.

It's not like anyone expects people to buy it outright without any information. And heck, it's been on the test server - there have been a ton of posts about it.

I don't get this frantic need for update notes. There's plenty of time to read them before the update goes live.
  17. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I agree. You are doing something wrong.
  18. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Downloaded the Update and just waiting for flipping the switch to let us in the game.
    • Like x 1
  19. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

Major updates should be feature locked for at least a few days minimum before release. That (In theory) allows time for QA testing to make it doesn't break anything else. (We already know that doesn't happen here)

Any additional update (not fixes to existing changes) would go in a hotfix patch for a further date. This is SOP in nearly every large environment that does such thing. Therefore the patch notes are known for several days before launch
  20. seeg88 New Player

are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.