Downtime Server Downtime - July 26, 2017 - Game Update 73!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarcasticTiger Active Player

Happy to help as well <3
    Suri Curse is my main~ Sorcery
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You will probably find a lot of groups turning away low SP toons. All I can say is make friends if you can and work on your feats if it bothers you. I have 300+ on 4 toons, but no longer spend money outside of my monthly sub, so I won't spend the money to get replays on my other toons...so i fully expect to get turned away on those toons as a 'noob' even though I've been on since Hand of Fate days and generally know what i'm doing. I'll run with friends and league or just run those toons less....I try not to care anymore.

Good luck,
    Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  3. hsngrms New Player

Only left one hour, however there is 00:30 AM in Turkey :) So, I think I can play DCUO tomorrow (after 19 hours from now)...
  4. Ian Flux New Player

wtf
    • Like x 1
  5. SarcasticTiger Active Player

come join my league ^-^ its small atm, but nice people
    • Like x 3
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Nah. Ill never kick someone just cause of low sp. Gotta start somewhere.
    • Like x 2
  7. SarcasticTiger Active Player

Plus Its my own, so you wont get kicked ^-^
  8. SarcasticTiger Active Player

Can someone explain how on earth you get up so high?
    My main is 172 and I keep getting kicked for being too low to help anyone
    How am i supposed to get my cr up if no one is willing to help a player out?
    • Like x 1
  9. Darkdaddy8 New Player

I thought the servers would be back up at 5:30 i have been BAMBOZZLED
    • Like x 2
  10. AprilAtkins Active Player

gotta find friends that will help and stop messing with the people that have their nose in the air like snots lmao
    • Like x 2
  11. Darkdaddy8 New Player

How do u even get a cr of 172 without spending any money
    • Like x 1
  12. Dcgamer2011 New Player

I'll run with ya. Villain side. Bipolar Jr or Malcolm Merlin. Hit me up.
    • Like x 1
  13. scratchy New Player

DC wake up ..... you very looooooonnnnnnnnng, it's crazy !!!!! :mad:
  14. EvilBipolarGirl New Player

Well because you asked lol...
    I like a lot about it, the content the designs, my toons , the powers .
    Some things suck like forced best rotations and or min maxing.
    I hate how it seems the wrong people in the community get listened to , for example .
    Im in the Military so i cant just sit at the game 12 hours a day like many of the people who play here do.
    Thus I progress slow with SP but can get to endgame CR fast.
    I hate how people see me as a scrub or noob , I been here from the point when we got the FOS raids.
    But my view dont count even though i spend lots of cash on the game.
    Instead people who can sit on butt all day playing the game and dont even pay for the subs they just trade in game cash to pay their subs decide weather I get to run certain content even if im 190+cr.
    So yeah hate the toxic community or at least the part thats that way.
    Im super excited for water I been waiting for it for years and have so many water names saved good ones like ¨2Wet¨ and ¨Undertowed¨. cant wait to make a splash lol.
    Anyway thats a general idea of how I feel about it.;)
    • Like x 2
  15. AprilAtkins Active Player

one hour to go if it works right
  16. RoseVonteer New Player

Lol my own league I got kicked .... Gave a "friend" temporary lead while I quit for 2 months came back since he was changing name rules to join etc... Never got the lead back either lol now he claims its "his league,"
    • Like x 1
  17. SarcasticTiger Active Player

Considering most of the gear I need is from 8 players, and I either get kicked or everyone leaves
    we've had carries 200+ and raids are just impossible. Plus no one high enough is nice enough to put time in to help.
    • Like x 1
  18. SarcasticTiger Active Player

ROSE JOIN MY LEAGUE
    UR TOO NICE TO BE KICKED
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

BEST
    GAME
    EVER
    !!!
  20. Willpower Level 30

Ok, I got questions on the update, but that thread doesn't allow questions.

First I thought one of the purposes of this patch was to remove Active Mechanics. When looking at what that meant, because it wasn't obvious, it said that it was removing the massive damage bonus that happened by using one power to take advantage of effects inflicted by another power. However, going over the notes, I saw instances of this being used still. Specifically, under Earth it said some powers inflict Crushing and other powers exploit crushing. That sounds like the Active Mechanics that are supposed to be removed by this patch?

Second question, Also in the notes I saw some instances of Power Clipping being intentionally added to some of the powers? Power Clipping is one of the biggest problems this game has had since inception. Is the reason me and many others have left the game, and one of the reasons I only come back in spurts. Seriously, WHY go through the trouble of creating beautiful animations for the game, if you are simply going to allow people to clip those animations, stopping them from happening and then still give them the damage of it, effectively making it MORE productive to bypass your hard work to get better results?

Sounds like masochism to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.