Season's Greedings and Gifts!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I'm sorry for the confusion. The character limit is there to encourage membership or purchase if you want to go beyond the default 2 (or 6 with premium, or 16 with membership). You can't have more characters than whatever your character limit is.

However, we wouldn't want people to lose characters on accident after a membership lapses, etc, so we chose to be more generous and actually DO allow you to have more than your limit temporarily, as inactive characters.

If you want to make an all new character on top of all the characters you have already made, active and inactive, you need to have a slot free to do so or you need to make room by clearing out the characters you don't want.
  2. The Crysalid Active Player

Ok, but the problem is that the confusion lies in that not being explained at all when purchasing the token. I have already purchased two extra character slots in the past, so I'm familiar with how it normally goes. I saw nothing in the description of the token to indicate that I'd have to delete or activate a character. Again, it only says "Purchase of this will grant one additional Character Slot for your account." That's very misleading if I can't actually use that slot to make a new character, while leaving my inactive ones in tact and not having to delete them. The issue isn't with how many toons, it's how many toons I can play that I've payed for. Right now I've payed for 3 but can only play two of them until I sub up again, which with Christmas upon us, I can't.

The problem is that now I can't even log into my account without deleting or activating toons. This is why I'm wondering if someone can just pop into my account and reverse the transaction and then I'll buy another token at a later date when I'm subbed up and now have all the information I should have had when making the purchase. I'm sure you can appreciate that this is very misleading and frustrating to not have the option to create a new character after purchasing a token that says that is what it's for, yes?
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We may be able to assist if you open a support ticket at http://help.daybreakgames.com
    • Like x 2
  4. The Crysalid Active Player

Thanks Mepps, I just filled one out. :) I really do hope someone can help with this because with the Season's Greedings event here, it's my favourite time of year to play! I guess it's in someone else's hands now, so all I can do is wait for a reply. *crosses fingers*

Cheers!
    • Like x 1
  5. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

so. seeing that I still have a very hard time getting into the market place. how do I get this tree when it comes out again??? I see you put a "O cancel" under the market place so at least were not stuck there for 5 min till we dc...but, 90% of the time. I still cant get into the market place. and really. fine print...smh.
  6. TheDemonKnigh1 New Player

This. I can't get the marketplace to load at all on PS4. I've been trying for days to redeem something from the Skeets Vendor, but can't get to the marketplace to get to it. Any idea when this will be fixed? If I have to get to the marketplace to claim/redeem the gift tree, I won't be able to do it until this bug is fixed.
  7. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

the best way I have found is...when you log in. you need to goto the market place with in a few seconds. any longer then that and your never get in there.

even then. its a crap shoot.

they can find endless ways to try to suck money from us. but, can never seem to find the time to fix things like this. or even pretend that they care about things like this. this has been a thing for a very long time now.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you tell me the character you were on when the marketplace would not open?
  9. TheDemonKnigh1 New Player

TheDemonKnight
    PS4

Has not worked in days. Will be logging back in momentarily to try again.

Also, I'm locked out of my old forum account, which was created back when this was forum was on Sony's site.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you. We are investigating.
  11. TheDemonKnigh1 New Player

Logged in and immediately went directly to marketplace, and I'm in. Thanks, all.
  12. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

its everyone of my toons. if I don't goto the market place with in seconds of log in. I just wont get in. and then even then. half the time it still wont work.

and its not just me.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Really can't help you if you won't answer the questions asked.
  14. Nemisor Committed Player

so is the music back with the latest hotfix? you've mentioned decorations but not the music.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The music has also returned.
    • Like x 2
  16. Nemisor Committed Player

yay. thanks
  17. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Will the classic Christmas tree gift collection pieces be account bound? I'm assuming not likely, but I want to put the tree on my alt and send the collection pieces to my main if it's account bound
    • Like x 1
  18. Eve YouTuber

Sounds great to me. ;) Thanks!
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I saw the post on Twitter, will the tree still be redeemable after today? Or is today the only day you can get it?
  20. Belthazur Dedicated Player

You should be able to redeem up until the 22nd I believe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.