Screen shots (F9) and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by BumblingB, Aug 13, 2015.

1. BigAl Devoted Player

Thats mostly why I haven't. I mean, its not that big a deal right now. ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. DrWolfXL Active Player

actually its not a OS problem but rather a GPU problem. bandicam is usually one way to get around this but it works if you update drivers possibly. it could be many other reasons like AMD Radeon Issues (though it may not be the case), but its known to be just fine with Nvidia Cards.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I have nvidia. :O
  4. DrWolfXL Active Player

ok so it could be that either the drivers didn't get updated or that the connection to the graphics card is on a different output. most cards now have HDMI and work perfectly. you might be using VGA. another way making it work is using the menus to take a screenshot.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Can you explain a bit more? What menus are you referring to?
  6. DrWolfXL Active Player

This Menu Here.
    [IMG]
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Quick menu doesn't work.
  8. DrWolfXL Active Player

oh i get it now. it does that thing where you take a screenshot it places it in its own folder depending on where you are. usually this works if you look for a folder that its probably using still by checking the latest folder. if not i'm not sure what to say except maybe backup the screenshot folder and try to use it again and if that doesn't work it probably used the documents folder instead of public documents folder.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I did a search for images created during the time it was not working. Nothing shows. It might be searching for a location that doesn't exist, but I don't know how to fix it.
  10. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Did you find a solution to the screenshot problem yet?
    I also can't take screenshots. Running Windows 8.1
  11. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

If no1 has found a solution. I will take a look when I get home.
    • Like x 1
  12. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

okay
  13. BumblingB I got better.

YAY!

And I have yet to get a fix. Been taking shots with steam.
  14. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

Been real busy the last two days. will work on it when the world comes up.
  15. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

If u are using Steam then use F12 then hit Shift+Tab.

Then go here:

Program Files (X86) > Steam > Userdata > 146331768 > 760 > Remote > 24200 > Screenshots

F9 does not save any photos.
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

And if you aren't using Steam? I've just been using the Xbox app for Win10, but I miss just using F9.
    • Like x 1
  17. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Just saw this.. and I'm going to go wayyy out on a limb with an outlandish solution. Try running the game as Administrator. For a while there, Win10 was being weird for me, and Firefox wouldn't save things to Documents, citing a permissions issue. If it works as Admin, then yeah, you have a weird permissions issue like I did.

If this works for you, post back here.. and I'll look around for the specific fix I did at the time. (I've since done a clean format, wanted a clean 10 install rather than an upgrade).
    • Like x 1
  18. BigAl Devoted Player

Remind me to give you a big hug next time I see you in game. Holy shiznettle! Why in the hell didn't I think of that?!?! Even worse, why didn't the tech team think of that? :confused:

lol Seriously, I am sooooo gonna give you a high five when I see ya. ;)
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Wait, so this works?! Is there a way to get steam to remember that? I usually use steam to open the game. :O
  20. BigAl Devoted Player

It did. Not sure on how that would work with Steam.