Fixed Sarya's Bling Feat Bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Canadian Justice, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Canadian Justice Committed Player

On Nov 6, sometime late in the day, I purchased 2 Warding Emerald Band (Elite) from vendor ProbTek VendoBot 9000. I used the new sorted portion of the vendor that just listed the elite tank gear.

I've tried all the standard fixes. Relogged, waited until restart, unequip and reequip, even sold them to a vendor and bought them back, earning a different feat. Nothing gets the feat to trigger.

Asking around in game, I've heard back from one person that had the feat trigger but they used the unsorted list in that vendor. Is it possible that the sorted lists in the vendors are somehow bugged?

I'd really appreciate a fix to this. Thank you.
    • Like x 11
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I had the same problem just now. I even have the rings equipped and saved to armories. No feat.
  3. KingFLT New Player

Had the same thing happen to me.
  4. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Which rings did you buy? And from what tab in the vendor? Just curious.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We believe we have a fix for this in testing now.
    • Like x 3
  6. Ranmaru Developer

I apologize that you've experienced that roadblock; I've investigated the issue and located the problem and I am working to get the fix to the live servers as quickly as I can.
    • Like x 2
  7. Stranger Well-Known Player

to be honest: the whole vendor is a mess-up.
    Tank (Elite) Gear is for me in "buy items", and in "elite" tab is some "normal" gear.
    This should be looked at.
  8. Matsuta New Player

I purchased the elite rings for the Long Live the Legion dlc for my tank role. The feat for them did not pop after I bought them or after I equipped them. I did use the new sorting mechanic in the vendor, I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Tank rings with level 287 and says “(Elite)”
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Where are you looking when you see those titles?

On any given page, the current tab name is shown above the gear piece icon on the left, while the "next" tab is over the price on the right with the indication on how to move to the next tab (R2 button on PS). If you are looking at the Elite Tank gear, the next tab is buy items.
  11. AV Loyal Player

Should we hold off on buying these in the meantime or is the fix retroactive?

Thanks
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I got the feat today buying a second elite DPS ring. Is it just elite Tank rings?
    • Like x 1
  13. Ranmaru Developer

Sorry for the late reply, If I understand the system correctly it should correct itself, but to be safe I would not purchase the Tank rings until the update goes live.
    • Like x 2
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I almost thought the same thing was going to happen when I bought the elite tank neck because I didn't see the feat pop... but then I read the feat and for that one it was "equip"... where the feat for the rings said "acquire." Once I equipped the neck, the feat popped. I'm obviously going to hold off buying anything ring related until this is fixed (the price reduction would be nice :) ).
  15. EmberRose930 New Player

Same issue
    • Like x 1
  16. BIZZAR0 New Player

Same thing happened to me bought both elite rings and no feat!!
  17. aerrigus New Player

Purchase 2 tank elite rings from legion vendor and did not get the feat.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The hot fix listed in the Live Notes section either was not applied or did not fix this for anyone who owns the rings already.
  20. SuperDan New Player

This is taking so long. I bought two rings on... the 9th (I think?) with the expressed purpose of buying cheaper rings on my alt that same day. But apparently nobody tested anything on the test server or something. And customer service is... strange. I submitted a ticket, and linked this thread, but have mostly gotten the run around.

"I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, this is not an issue that we are able to correct in Customer Service. [...] Anything bug related will be directed to the forums here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/arkham-asylum-bug-reports.134/"

Like, okay, wow... the forums... I wish I had thought of that. Then when you read the Server Hotfix - November 13, 2020 notes it says: "Rings should now grant Sarya's Bling Feat." which is fine and dandy for everyone going forward, but what about everyone who already bought them? Why isn't the feat "equip two simultaneously" like a normal person would do? I didn't complain last time because it worked last time, so I didn't have to focus on the how.

Look, I'm sure Mepps already has the retroactive fix part in the works, or this thread would not still be marked "In Progress" ... but I just need to complain somewhere. Plus the way Customer Service says "Nah, bro, we aint help." and then changes the Status to 'SOLVED' instead of 'pending' or 'awaiting input' is driving me batty!