Running Our of Patience With This Completely Botched DLC Launch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Dec 13, 2021.

1. SChan83 New Player

Filthy scared huh? Well there are devs here. My account should be no secret to them. They can look and they won't find anything. More than what this conversation says about me it says a lot about you. The idea of someone taking a principled stance with nothing to gain from it seems unbelievable to you. The great part is the devs themselves can actually look and see if I'm scared or just stand by my principles.
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Take this analogy and add that the homeowners thought you were finished, werent coming back and you were lazy to clean up the "scraps" so they just started giving away the "scraps" to others who could use them, if they could not. What if they thought you were finished, werent coming back, lazy to clean up the scraps. When you pull up to their house a day or two or so later and saw the garbage truck throwing your scraps in the garbage truck and driving off. What are you going to do? ban them? call the cops? or just cuss them out and cut your loss and move on?
  3. Proxystar #Perception

You agreed to not take advantage of an exploit

You agreed to report that exploit

You broke that agreement when you chose to use an exploit

Funny you talk about first grade, because that's exactly the level of education required to understand the above ;)
    • Like x 4
  4. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

If I understand correctly, How about bypassing artifact levels and maxing out any and all artifacts with out seals of preservation or comp? Seems to me a far more serious abuse and exploit rather than augments.
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

This will clearly come as a shock to you, but when it comes to this game you have a license to "use" your character and items

You own exactly Nothing
    • Like x 5
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I guess that is true, they did take our stats away from us we worked hard for.
    • Like x 1
  7. Wallachia Devoted Player

What Proxystar is bae is saying is that we don't become owners of anything, we are simply allowed usage of creations and contents owned by Daybreak Games and DC, as long as we agree to use them in specific ways. When people like the kid who doen't accept being told what to do exploit a bug, it constituses misuse of said contents, and our priviledges of use get revoked.

It is time for people to wake up and realize that we are not customers who must demand whatever we want from them.
    • Like x 4
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

Hmm another new player here to white knight for cheating?
    Lotta forum accounts being made the last few days lmfao
    • Like x 4
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

Sounds like someone who hasn’t spent any real money on their artifacts.
    Let someone who has tell you, it’s an exploit.
    • Like x 2
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

"I was forced to steal because you guys didn't guard your money!"

It's strange that courts have not recognized this as a legal defense, isn't it?

"I thought I could get away with it, therefore I must not and cannot be punished!"

LOGIC!
    • Like x 4
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Your position, strangely, turns out to be completely irrelevant. The only "position" that matters is that of the creators of and sole interpreters of the TOS.

But, hey, enjoy holding your "position." We expect people playing a superhero RPG to have rich imaginations. Next you can take the position that in real life you can fly. Your position on that will really matter!
    • Like x 3
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I only demand a properly functioning product that I have paid good money for (yearly subscriber since 2014), and to keep what I rightfully worked hard for and earned according to the rules. Apparently this is too much to ask for from Daybreak and Square Enix.

Square Enix has put me in a very very bad mood, but Daybreak and certain individuals on here have exacerbated it for me.

I just have to keep reminding myself Mepps said "If you are a yearly subscriber, thank you so much for the support. You are the best.", and hope things will get better here on DCUO.
  13. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

I was going to let this one go considering it was underhandedly not repied to me, but I just cant.

If I see an Old Lady trying to cross a busy road, as old-fashioned as it is, i'll ask her if I can help.

The rationale you're suggesting would go something more like this:
    - "Stupid Old Lady, she just lets something as stupid as Time make her old and fragile?"
    - "Hmm, old and fragile, if she let Time do that to her, I can gain something from this!"
    - "I know, because she's old and fragile, she'll be weaker and less reactive, i'll just rob her!"

As for "Our Legal System"? There is no "Our Legal System". Laws are literally different in different Countries. Hell, the more moronic Countries actually allow different Laws within the same Country, "depending on what County/State/Area you live in". You're trying to back up an opinion with details you clearly have no understanding of. Saying theres such a thing as Our Legal System in the Forum of a Game played Worldwide is akin to trying to state Gun Laws are the same everywhere. They aren't. Less people die in certain Countries for a reason. But thats a whooooole other can of worms we won't be opening here.

So yes, you've presented very odd rationale. And from the comments I saw you make after this, it has become crystal clear why. If you're interested in discussing this further rationally, i'm game. But you'll need to drop the bravado and the ill-informed understanding of concepts like the Legal system first.
    • Like x 1
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea lol, and on a side note, how come everyone else cant disagree like this? Why is it so hard for folks to see each others points of view or points?
    If only all conflict or difference could be like when we disagree lmfao
    • Like x 2
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

Hellooooooooooo nurse!

But, alas, you never paid for a product. You have paid for the usage of it. You are only entitled to make actual demands if the server goes offline outside of scheduled maintenance andor you are unable to play the game because something you do crashes it.
  16. lanternspartan Level 30

There were multiple pvp and pve servers. What they did is combined all the servers together. So, you could either phase to a combined pvp server or phase to a combined pve server. Instead of there being multiple of each. What broke the game is that they didn't see how that increase in population size would affect the new servers. Especially, on the hero size that had a bigger population. That is why there was so much lag. If you every did the Watchtower boss spam the devs would do, you would have an understanding of what it was like. It was that type of lag but in a raid or alert.
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol the forums would be a very different place! I'm all for debate all the time. I like having my mind changed, I'm old enough to not care about being wrong. It's happened once. Wasn't terrible haha. But yeah, we can only show them all how it's done I guess. Still no rollback so that's good!
    • Like x 2
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

If you are satisfied with a flawed product / service, then I don't know what to say. There comes a time when even brand loyal / company loyal customers should voice their discontent about a flawed product / service instead of just blindly going along with whatever just because it is XYZ Company and XYZ Company is my favorite and can never do any wrong.

I love Apple. I own lots of Apple products. I feel Apple has superior products over all of their competition. I even took the day off from work to get my new iPhone just to be able to activate it on day one. BUT, if I have received my new iPhone and it was buggy out of the box, believe you me I would have been giving Apple an earful.

I wish you & others understood voicing displeasure with a product / service or pointing out flaws in a product / service by those who use it, is not an attack on the Company. Companies that care about their product / services and care about their CUSTOMERS will take those complaints / dissatisfaction by their customers to make the existing product / service better and HOPEFULLY not make the same mistakes with the next.

I love DCUO. It is my favorite and first MMO. I want it to be the best. I want Daybreak to succeed. But I am sorely disapointed with the current state of things and I KNOW they can do better because they have demonstrated that in the past.

So attack me if you will. Explain to me what I am and am not entitled too. Slap down any discontent until moral improves. Defending a flawed product / service does the company no good or the customers no good.
    • Like x 3
  19. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

I think it comes down to ego and delusion. The usual suspects can’t stand that someone found fault in THEIR game. You ever notice how it’s okay for them to complain but when someone else does it’s DEFLECT! DEFLECT! That and they have ridiculously low standards.
    • Like x 4
  20. metal1ix Well-Known Player

Oh I know how unplayable lag feels like, however, I did walk away from this game way before that update considering back then, everything was reliant on Legendary Membership, and the moment that was gone, well... you couldn't progress at all when you're stuck in a DLC lock. That was back when Quantum was freshly released and 100 CR was practically top tier at the time all while being loot locked for a full 24 hours from doing older content. My how times have changed with how things are far more F2P friendly than it used to be.

I'm thinking this was about 7 years back when that update dropped and by goodness, the amount of rants at that time blew Metropolis and Gotham so high that they ended up being a ghost town without having a Punchline of players making things all holly jolly. Goodness that was by far the worst Thanksgiving gift a gamer could have gotten back then, just like having a turkey that goes green with envy the moment you leave it out of the freezer for too long.