Running Our of Patience With This Completely Botched DLC Launch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I guess we should hope for mediocre at best?
    • Like x 3
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, DCUO was coded very poorly in terms of longevity. It wasn't designed very modular and we can probably blame PS3. From what I understand, PS3 was one of the worst platforms to develop on for games. Notorious for the archaic tools it had to be coded on. So I guess I'm not surprised that we have what we have.

In the long run, I'm hoping the devs go through and modularize everything and separate out the systems to allow for more new features to be adding w/o breaking something completely unrelated to what they were working on.

lol

We still have glitches to new features implemented almost decade ago to this day. Like the group list aligned top to bottom switching back to the original bottom to top when someone leaves the group. Or how about your UI just disappearing because something wants to pop up on your screen. How about... lol you get the drift.

Maybe the promised big update will include a fix.
    • Like x 2
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No....no no noooooo. What we should want and expect (within reason) is content like we've had in the past (the FoS stuff, the good parts of Origin Crisis, Amazon Fury etc). What people seem to expect which is not realistic is that feeling we had playing DCUO the first time around when it was a brand new game. And I say this because no episode they release will be like a brand new game. They would need to stop producing content for a year + in order to deliver a Brand New Game. They can and have delivered good episodes here and there, and if they looked at what they did that people liked in those episodes they might be able to get players excited again.

One of the things they can do is to vary the daily mission types so that we're not necessarily running the exact three same missions every day, which can go a long way to alleviating that empty open world feeling (by populating the areas a bit better). They can also alternate between standard daily missions and going back to things like what they did during Home Turf (certain amount of daily missions with a Weekly Alternate instance). There are things they can do if they're willing to revisit older content and borrowing ideas and mixing and matching like we do with our styles. ;)
    • Like x 4
  4. SChan83 New Player

Well you live and learn. A good lesson for the devs I'm sure. I will say this though, the situation where people fortified their artifacts with exobytes or augments or whatever.... Those people under no circumstance should be punished. It is a developer issue. Not a player doing what is made available issue. Calling what they did exploiting the game is lazy and pathetic analysis. For me I'm not mad at the devs. Poop happens. I'm not mad at the people who got their artifacts raised either. Had I of known I would have done it in a heartbeat. I pay for a subscription and spend money in the MP. If anyone tried to punish me for a problem caused by the devs I would just cancel my subscription and stop spending money on the game. I'm an adult. I understand where responsibility lies and if you aren't the legal system you aren't going to punish me lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

[IMG]

Nope. Every player who abused this exploit should be banned, full stop. It won't happen because reasons but it absolutely should.
    • Like x 2
  6. SChan83 New Player

Explain that in full detail.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No one has said anything about a roll back. That's not a thing we are seriously considering. If you haven't exploited, you have nothing to worry about.

If you have exploited, you can worry some - and in my experience, it's very easy to tell who found a bug from who found a bug and then exploited it.

Bugs are on us. Exploiting them is on you. This is crystal clear.
    • Like x 21
  8. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Right, except the Devs ARE the "legal system" for the game. Their company literally wrote and set up the Terms and Conditions of use.

By the defensive post and odd rationale, i'd say yes, theres a high probability of the Devs punishing you.
    • Like x 4
  9. SChan83 New Player

Yeah and how are you going to determine intent? Lol. I fed my lvl 1 and 0 mighty metagene adaptive augments to the new dlc augments. I assume that has nothing to do with your glitch. I wouldn't know. I only had the one set before the dlc. The problem with calling it an exploit is 2 fold. 1 you are inferring intent when their might not have been intent and 2 you are deflecting a portion of blame that belongs to you. The players simply did what the game allowed. That's on you guy.
    • Like x 1
  10. SChan83 New Player

Lol punish me for what precisely? Lol. I'm a grown man. I promise they can try to punish me, for what I don't know, it won't work. Like I said I will just stop paying for their product and move on.
  11. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Sounds good
    • Like x 3
  12. Proxystar #Perception

That just means you hold no value in your account, there's a difference in that.

As for how can they tell..

Well for starters if in the last weekend you suddenly and magically leveled numerous artifacts all of a sudden while purchasing no Nth Metal then you've probably put yourself right in line of the gun.
    • Like x 4
  13. SChan83 New Player

Imagine correct application of responsibility being "Odd rational" or comparing devs to our legal system. Lol.
  14. SChan83 New Player

Are you daft? I didn't use the exploit. I already said I didn't lol. I'm not sure who you are talking to but it isn't me. Let me say it slow. I.... didn't.... use.... the.... exploit... I just don't blame those that did. I don't consider it an exploit even. I consider it 100% the responsibility of the devs. That's my position.
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

This makes me less angry. I'm glad to know for certain my salvaged gear didn't go to waste.

Mepps, I do not envy your job.
    • Like x 5
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I didn't say you did. If it wasn't clear before let it be clear now, I'm talking in general, not accusing you, although I do note you did say you'd do it in a heartbeat which speaks volumes as to what sort of player you are.

Despite the fact you did not offend on this occasion your verbalised attitude is abundantly obvious in that your clearly quite content to breach the terms of service you agreed to and not accept the consequences but rather blame the devs for your actions.

Your belief that this is their fault is wrong, they might have inadvertantly created the bug, but you as the player always choose whether or not to exploit it, that choice is always on you

They might have left the cookie jar open, but you still chose to help yourself to those cookies knowing they weren't yours to eat and you didn't ask.
    • Like x 8
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

Your position is stupid.

If a bank's building crumbles and the money is destroyed, say, by the rain, it is the bank's fault for not protecting its contents. However, if the building crashes and people on the streets get the money, it is still stealiing.

Exploting the bugs is a violation and you disagreeing with it won't change the facts, it will just be...well, stupid.

Btw, I kknow you exploited the bug. Your 3edgy5me behaviour and your prompt position to go insulting at anyone about it shows that you are filthy scared of being banned and ready to throw a tantrum over being "unfairly banned". Tyical behaviour.

ps: the developers have years of experience with this and it is quite easy to pinpoint who exploits bugs. It is not as hard as you want to make it look to mount your fanfiction of being banned by accident.
    • Like x 3
  18. SChan83 New Player

Yeah great analogy. I'm sure first grade teachers everywhere are taking notes. If this was a cookie and cookie jar situation then I already paid for the cookie and the jar. This isn't about integrity of the game. That's nonsense. This is about the devs screwing up in a way that is both their fault and could cost them money. It is not the same as stealing. Not even close.
  19. SChan83 New Player

A better analogy is I sell a job to do a construction job to a homeowner with the option of paying extra at any time to to do more work. I leave scraps lying around from the job that belong now to the homeowner and they use those scraps to complete the optional work I offer. Who is at fault? Is that stealing?
  20. SChan83 New Player

The assets the players used were theirs. They didn't steal anything. The fact that they could use them to begin with falls squarely on the devs and that isn't an insult. It was clearly an honest mistake but the mistake was on their end.