RP Themed Thread: If You Could Choose Your Own DC Mentor

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Twilight Avenged, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Who would you say is your main characters proper mentor if you had your pick of all DC Universe characters?

I chose Batman in game based on options.
    If I had my own choice I'd say Animal Man. His respect for life, mental/emotional struggles, simple outfit and powers that aren't 'perfect' fit what I was thinking when i made my first character.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. IamINC Dedicated Player

Green lantern , either John or Hal.

As they are my favorite DC characters and being part of a collection of people dedicated to protecting people form all over the galaxy appeals to me.
    • Like x 1
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would choose Harrison Wells.

He could give me some great strategy like;

"Run Barry.... Run!" ;) ;)
    • Like x 3
  4. Caroline Dedicated Player

In-game I've picked Circe, however if we had Catwoman as a mentor, it would be her, although her faction is both villains & heroes.
    • Like x 2
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Black Orchid
    • Like x 2
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Flash or boosted gold, btw shouldn't this thread be in the Funhouse?
    • Like x 1
  8. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

Carol Ferris (^_^) <3
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Haasts = Hawk Girl
    Chris = Harley
    Cyana = heh, no clue, possibly Sgt Rock?
    Blacque = Sinestro
    Issa = not sure
    Zoom = Cheetah
    • Like x 1
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well between 20 alts I have all the the "Big Three" as mentors hero side. Let's see other DC characters I'd enjoy as a mentor?

Martian Manhunter springs to mind since on Justice League and JL Unlimited he pretty much ran things from the Watch Tower.

Now I realize they had to find mentors for each type, meta, magic and tech but how did Penguin get left out Villain side? He's definitely a master mind and with that array of umbrella weapons he'd be a natural for tech based villains.

Going back to Justice league I was thinking maybe John Stewart but he was always so straight laced .. How about Hawk Girl? She was a terrific fighter and unlike her "boyfriend" she knew how to party. :cool:

Gorilla Grood would be an excellent choice Villain side.. Just have to be very careful he doesn't try to turn you into an ape.
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, the 'King of Gotham' would have been a better choice (POO) than the 'Clown Prince of Crime'
    • Like x 1
  12. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Nah, we discuss mentors all the time in General as well as character back story and other topics.
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Actually I am assuming we have no limit on how many different mentors the game could offer up.. And while i think Penguin would be an excellent TECH mentor.... No way you stick this game on line and NOT have Joker as a mentor to some one. He is probably the best known villain in the DC universe. Oh sure Luthor is Superman's nemesis but more often than not he has other people do the dirty work for him... He's a Corporate CEO bent on world domination. Now Joker is more than happy to get his hands dirty and he may bring help along but he HAS to be there so he can WATCH as total devastation erupts.
    • Like x 1
  14. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Let's hope that with water power, they add Aquaman and Ocean Master as mentors. And level 6, 15 and 30 mentor themed missions in Atlantis :D
    • Like x 2
  15. SuperBell Loyal Player

Honestly, the mentors really don't matter. I wish DCUO made them matter a little bit more.
    • Like x 3
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

there always should have been more mentors...and frankly basing this games mentor system on just the popularity of a moment was silly....the flash and arrow have a popular tv show now and wonder woman had the best movie of the big three....so kind of silly to say "bats is popular...hell mentor..." without knowing what dc characters may become hot or not...anyways

1) The Flash should have been a SS mentor... Maybe the Hawks as Flight mentors...Black Canary teaches you to Acrobat glide. All moves deserved a mentor

2) Role Mentors. Every power should have been given an Iconic Mentor who teaches you your powers. SGT. Rock teaches you Munitions DPS...Dr. Fate teaches you the ways of the Celestial....Captain Atom teaches you Q Control....while Major Force....whos being nice thanks to one of Amandas collars...teaches you Q DPS

3) the game barely scratches the idea of crafting/R&D mentors...instead of a half minute drawl and inventory dump as your first crafting "Mission"....what if you had to go into the wilderness with Dr. Magnus and his Robot People...to discover a meteorite that landed which could possibly be made of the strongest supermetal known to superscience!! If YOU know where it landed...chances are...so does T. O. Morrow!!! What if crafting certain Sorcerous items took rare...and precious artifacts...no problem if youre a villain...and let Catwoman teach you how to heist museums...surely The Bat wont mind...will he:???

4) weapon mentors.Gee...I wonder who would teach Rifle skills...Bats...cause hes a gun guy!!!??? Nah...prob not...but you could patrol with Green Arrow and Speedy...and see if your bow skills are anywhere near a past masters level...all weapons should have had mentors

anyways...yeah...bats really cared i got that lvl 30...sure...
    • Like x 2
  17. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Based on my character I would take any of the following:

Red Hood (Jason Todd version)
    Deathstroke
    Deadshot
    Arsenal
    Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (JK JK lol)
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Except, Joker isn't exactly the 'mentoring' type, and just as likely to brutally crowbar his supposed 'mentoree' as teach them to crowbar Robin (specially if said mentoree was doing a better job), Joker would make an excellent mentor for a wannabe psychopathetic killer...
    • Like x 1
  19. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

I would prefer to have my one choice for Mentor actually be my Mentor for my entire journey to level 30. I was so disappointed to have to do missions for Lex and disgusted by the creepy missions for Circe when I picked the Joker as my mentor. I wanted to be sent out to do insane violence, not invoke demons or further Lex's agenda for world domination.

That being said, I would want to be mentored by John Constantine if playing a magic character. He has forgotten more about magic than Wonder Woman has ever known...
    • Like x 2
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Don't have a problem per-se about doing missions for the other mentors, but it feels like being farmed out when you end up doing more work for the other two than for your own so-called 'mentor' (and not once has it felt like they have taught me anything, like a mentor is supposed to)

Heck, even Zatanna would have been a better magic mentor, when it comes to magic, Wonder Bewbs isn't even on the list
    • Like x 1