Rip to BoP alert runs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO SmackThem, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Both. A lot of times when I'm doing something solo, or in a small group of people I know I'll just queue it up. Other times I'll be in LFG and see someone shouting for 'need bodies for quick dox marks run' or something and will throw my hat in. It's 5+ marks in about 4 min, so about the best source return in the game(outside of weekly bounties)...no reason not to run it. However, it was a lot easier when the portal still worked. So imagine you could go in solo or with 1 or 2 people....wouldn't you do it every week for the quick marks? Feats are a bonus if you needed them, there is a bit over 1 SP you can get in a couple of minutes if you were a new player on a skip. (or a skip alt you are not wanting to spend the replays on). There are many SP in the game just like that where once you are in they are almost harder NOT to get then they are to get....some just can't get in.

And yeah, if I have 8 people on a the same time, or if we just finish something where I have a built group, I'll say before breaking up...."Dox RQ?"....80% of the time the group stays and queues.
    • Like x 3
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

You’re twisting my words.

You very obviously did not tell anyone to queue. It was obvious that I was ascribing to you the tutorial part of that sentence and not the queuing part. How about you forget the word play and focus on the substance of what I am saying to you.

People do not queue an instance because they want to spend time teaching others about mechanics and powersets. That’s just a given whether you want to accept it or not. Your advice was not helpful or realistic.

Neither is your denial of the problem. I did not say that CR skips were the sole source of the problem of player inexperience, I do think my meaning was clear. Why would I be making a point that player inexperience began with CR skips. That’s not a logical position for anyone to have. It would be baseless. Again, you’re more focused on trying to dismiss reasonable criticisms of your opinion not by advancing a counter argument, but by presenting a contrived and fallacious reading of what was being said.

Every time there are CR skips, complaints about this issue follow. Clearly, we all want the CR skips to continue. Clearly, they are not aproblematic. It absolutely does kill you to acknowledge any problems with this game, the lengths you go to to avoid acknowledging the validity of criticisms are a marvel. And you have the cheek to describe my opinion as a “lie”. Come join the real world where things can be both positive and negative at the same time. The water’s lovely.
    • Like x 2
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Then why word it that way instead of making your point clear in the first place?

People queue content to get a quick run in. Doing so during a period that will very obviously be filled with fresh skippers is also a given. My advice is helpful for those who choose to do so knowing full well what they will encounter. What's unrealistic about forming your own group? Why is it an issue to say "help your fellow players" when people used to do it in the past??

Yup, you made it clear that CR skips create this problem...a problem that existed before CR skips. A problem (player inexperience), which by the way, I did not deny.

Yet that is the way you initially stated it. Now because I quoted you directly you decide to make things clearer and turn it around on me.

There are two problems here. I offered valid (if unpalatable to some) counterpoints to both issues. But let's break this down more clearly.

One: CR Skips are a thing now, and they show ZERO sign of going away. They usually come around the same time of year, In January during the Anniversary event (Last year's second CR skip was an anomaly, not a pattern as far as we can tell). All kinds of people will use these skips, and with it will come a slew of inexperienced players (some new, others returning after a significantly long break). There are plenty of threads (like this one) complaining about it. Knowing this, knowing exactly how much of a crap-shoot it is to blind queue content during this period, people still insist on doing it and then coming to complain about it.

There are two things that players like the OP can do: Don't blind queue, form their own groups and totally avoid the issue. Or they can take their chances, and while doing so help out some noobs. That brings us to problem two...

Two: The OP and others can continue pleading with the Devs to come up with some kind of solution to address the problem (Player Inexperience, not CR skips). And when doing so, make the subject clear from the start, instead of using CR skips as the scapegoat for an ongoing issue that is prevalent all year round, which just happens to becomes more noticeable during CR Skip season. Also quit playing needless word games (Rip to BoP Alert Runs), and instead focus on the real issue and keep it on point. This way Mepps can relay the actual message to the right people and they can talk about that instead of getting stuck on the part where people complain about CR skips (especially since there are other complaints about CR skips).

There....no denial of issues here, and made as clear as possible.
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You don't have to explain the entire mechanics of a power if your goal at hand is to get through that particular instance. For example, every troll pretty much plays the same (power dump and debuffs), just the basics, not the detailed stuff like particular metas and whatnot. I will concede that the more difficult one to try and teach in a quick and dirty explainer is tanking, since each tank does the same job differently. In that situation you tell them to hit up on the D-pad to change to DPS (press T on PC) so that you can get the Defense buff.

Answer me this....what content are they supposed to run if the CR skip allows them to get into that content??? And they're gated from that content, what exactly is the point of the CR skip?

And if your real issue is player inexperience, why make the thread about CR Skips? Why not make a clear thread about the actual problem so that they can actually address that?
    • Like x 2
  5. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

290 cr skip should include 3 artifacts to level 120. 200 sp. Enough source marks to buy mods, sidekick, orbital and supply.
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

No it shouldn't. It should include what it does and people should be happy for the free gift. You want all that extra stuff, buy it.

The one thing I will give everyone is yes to more sp. But only if it comes from pvp. But again, I'm using a 255 skip that's up to 327/ 3x 100 arts and maxed augs and barely 100sp. She is doing fine. Tops charts sometimes. Sometimes bottom but not by much.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If it did that everyone would make a new account, spend 5 bucks to get the ability to trade and 'farm' their cats that way plus you could buy another 10$ worth of cats with the 200 source. 3 artis to 120 is a lot of cats...well over 5$ worth. As it stands now, it's already pretty close to worth it with about 7$ worth of cats in the box.

The 200 source I can see being a good thing on its own, although some sort of 'generator top off' would be better as it would only benefit the skipped toon or no-one.

200 SP would make no difference. A decent player with 80 SP will out do a complete noob with 200 SP any day of the week. A good player who just skipped will likely NOT go directly to the end game content anyway...where it would make slight difference. They will probably hang in lower content farming source and get some quick feats...OR they will spend replays (ah-ha!) to bring their SP up to a decent level immediately.

We (more accurately you) can keep asking for these things, but we are 4 years into skips and they have not added these items/SP yet. I'd guess there MIGHT be some thought behind the reasons.
    • Like x 3
  8. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I've only had one other mmo to compare the cr skip to and since that mmo doesn't have sp or artifacts but is a gear base system I have to say dcuo has a really bad jump skip compare to the other. Largely cause dc has sp and artifacts. We all know that 77 sp was a joke at t6 level and only one artifact at 80 will never earn you any confidence from the rest of your group. They didn't base bop on players with that setup so why skip them to 290. Yes it was free but it also cost 45$ you might think that cheap but the other mmo I am talking about is final fantasy 14 and the jump skip to 70 cost 25$ and max level is 80.and guess what? You get the highest cr rating for that level. You can really play any raid at that level and not worry. Just saying the sp and artifacts are what stopping most my original friends from coming back and I won't invite any family cause of the 10 year grind your so called jump skip doesn't come with
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

DCUO is the only game forum where players argue against improvements. It's crazy and then they come up with unbelievable examples as to why.