Revamp and balance

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by pitbullb3, Dec 5, 2017.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The reason why powers are so far apart in balance is SC. The 3 top powers have the best Supercharges and build them faster than all other powersets.
    Earth: Earth SC builder add to the burst of Earth because it can be used to clip other powers and Entomb can hit for 160k without trinkets or Supply drops and 280k using trinkets or Supply drops.

Electric: The 50% damage SC is 70%. Neo venom boost is 45%. Add that to 2 powers that don't split and you have the second best SC in game.

Rage: I have no experience with Rage, but I have seen rage down by 1.5 million after PANE 1st boss and be up by 1 million right before second boss.

I don't know how DBG balanced SC, but it was all bad. When we have 50% SC heads and shoulders over 100% SC in a update all about balance, we have a major problem
  2. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Not that I don't disagree with what your point is at all but to give a little insight into their thought process into balancing SC's like that gets a bit trickier. Take earth entomb, you hit it with or without a SC and that's your damage you press 1 button and continue what you were doing etc. With supercharges like circuit breaker and beserk they completely depend on the player to continue the damage. Say for example you use beserk or circuit breaker and then you have to block through a skull attack or get countered/controlled you are not getting any damage from that supercharge at all its essentially a wasted sc compared to the guaranteed damage from supercharges like bunker, entomb etc. The devs have to take into account that you could have a bad sc usage that nets much lower damage from comparable percentage supercharges, thus why its a bit harder to balance those.

Now that doesn't take into account that rage is broken where remoreless recovery builds supercharge much faster than any other power does besides the supercharge generator which means rages can earn beserk's much easier because the supercharge generator for rage is an awkward power.

Here's a breakdown of what the supercharges were doing on test for stats revamp before we made some suggestions obviously they didn't listen to some :(

[IMG]
  3. xD25x Dedicated Player

There are alot of things that need to be retouched when the time is right. A few of the powers are underperforming. Most suoercharges are weak compared to neo venom. With the exception of a few powers i feel like we have become heat vision universe online. Weapons are still all over the place. Hybrid playstyle is useless. Overall it feels that we are in a better place but there is still alot of inbalance.
  4. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

My best SC is "Oblivion" and for a 100% SC it is very lacking compared to other powers with 100% SC. My SC only works well in a huge group of mobs but it's damage gets heavily split. Quantum is now the new nature from pre revamp. Won't say it is as bad as Electricity was but it's definitely behind now with sorcery.
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

New artifact will put the top 3 powers even further a head.
  6. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

What really makes the difference in Supercharges is crits. A SC may do twice as much damage when it crits as opposed to when it doesn't crit. Now add to that the fact that some SC's have 1 hit, some have 4 or more hits. That 1 hit SC can massive if it crits, but mediocre if not. For the multi-hits there's a chance to crit or not crit for each hit. And then there are the SC's that depend on doing more damage like Obsidian mentioned - and do those attacks crit or not. So an incredibly complicated issue to test because you'd have to test all SC's until you saw all crits (or no crits) to compare to each other.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

many issues stem from fracturing the dps role into three and separating might and precision. two of the three styles have proven to be inferior to the superpowered option.

for the three to be successful each needs to have its own unique abilities with the challenge in making it so all three are fairly balanced.

combining might and power messed up the controller role.this should have never been a thing. for the controller role to work controllers need to own power.

the foundation of the revamp is flawed and will only continue to bring misery and a joyless grind to the dev team and those who play it until they wake up and figure out how to finally fix it.

game was fine until weapon mastery was introduced. downhill since then.
    • Like x 1
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Crits are just a flat multiplier statistically. You can ignore them if you take the average of many casts or (better) if you deal with base damage. Having more or fewer hits just makes a difference for variance and not average damage.
  9. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Go back to pre gu 36 that solves everything.
  10. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Are we still doing that circlejerk? I'm sorry for being out of the loop here, I was busy moving on during the last 4 years.
    • Like x 2
  11. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

While I agree there is some SC better than others I think there is more that is out of balance. Certain powers just flat out do more damage and I think another full balance pass is needed along with a look at targeting. Me and a few league mates have done some testing and its hard to be perfect since we don't have the tools or skills to check everything but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it. Any run through in game can give examples. Someone on a top power with lower cr and less sp out performing all others regardless of the power type and cr/sp.
  12. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Buff Singularity into a burst damage. Buff Gravity Bomb. Buff Distortion Wave. Buff Tachyon Blast. Remove Time Bomb cap. Increase Temporal Vortex damage. Then quantum will be with the big dogs.
  13. Estabanbuenojr New Player

14. Facts New Player

Oh god. Look!

Another cry baby complaining.