Recap of the Sixth Dimensional Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I comeback is always always fresh. Really.

My reply was not a "take". I explained to you why they intentionally did something differently than how you want it.

The fans of the 6th dimensional kryptonian style are getting a nearly 1:1 replication of the style with the only difference [without a closer inspection in game] being the El emblem not baked in. And since your character is *not* actually Superman from any dimension (note you're also not able to take copyrighted character names in the game for this reason) it's perfectly acceptable that they can't wear the identical costume. Instead, fans of the style can be THEIR OWN 6th dimensional kryptonian and use another emblem with it. And this is perfectly acceptable for any reasonable fan.

You're welcome to be angry and salty as you choose, but it is in fact misplaced, juvenile and unrealistic. You do you boo.

Exactly this. Fallen God was a beautiful suit and would have been perfect if it had an open space without the baked in Emblem.

Or the T3 controller chest without the El emblem baked in would have been super [teehee] nice also.
    • Like x 1
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

brilliant. the only two things I want are locked behind collections. guess this one's going the same way as the Resistance hair. . .
    • Like x 1
  3. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Sure they can. Make a box that has 2 versions in it. One with emblem and one without. They chose not to do that.

Yeah not thrilled with that either. Doubt i'll get them due to that.
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What server are you on?
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yes, they choose not to do that because that's way more work than they planned for. Each piece needs to be made for every body type as well as the other gender/form.
    • Like x 3
  6. Imaginos Dedicated Player

While that's true adding an emblem like that is not nearly as much work as you're making it out to be. It's not like they're redesigning the whole outfit. They're modifying a single part on the front of the chest piece.
  7. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

• Like x 3
  8. Sammy Well-Known Player

Its not illogical to not like that you didn't recieve the style they were trying to immitate
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'm on EUPS, mate.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And that mod has to be done about 18 times to make sure it works on every single body type, plus there's the very distinct possibility that a whole other level of approval would have to be done by the devs and DC due to the emblem being involved.

After all, if they got nitpicky about details involving a Brother Warth costume piece for player characters, it's safe to think it'd be on another level entirely when it comes to the Big Three of DC.
    • Like x 2
  11. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

You can Never have enough customization :D
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Was hoping you'd be on US server. Oh well. :(
    • Like x 1
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

bummer. never mind, mate. thanks, though.
    • Like x 1
  14. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Again, I'm telling you it's not as involved as you are trying to make it out to be. Have you ever used a 3d program and done any modelling? The approval part is true though, they have to get everything approved and run through the proper channels, but that still doesn't mean they couldn't have done it, they just chose not to and that's what it boils down to. It was a design decision by whoever was in charge.
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

The time capsule rewards have become really poor this last year or so.

Each time capsule should contain one item as desirable as: Phoenix material, void material, negative speed force material, sandstorm aura, black and white neon chroma.

What have we got this time? A generic looking jumpsuit, a 1970s hairstyle and a neck scarf. Come on.

The devs are clearly focused on churning out any old junk just to meet their time capsule release schedule and have lost sight of the need to actually make the items desirable and must-have, rather than trash, using the dirty trick of feats to create an artificial desirability.

The most recent booster bundle and survival mode prove that they are still capable of developing good cosmetic items when they put the resources into it.
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Jacket is cool.

And you can get it for the low low price of a billion dollars. Last collection i saw was going for a bill in broker.....

Yay...

Or just take your chances gambling for it.

Sorry zoe. I just dont ever get excited for loot boxes. They're a plague on the gaming industry.
    • Like x 1
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The only part here that holds no weight is when you say since player characters are not 6th dim supes therefore they can't look like him. Batman had multiple suits and emblems where you can be an exact 1 to 1 copy of him. I personally dont care. The suits fine. I have the old superman emblems. Never use em. It does suck for new players and I get why they're upset. But it is what it is. The real reason why DC doesnt want the emblem re introduced we will never know. Thats their call.
  18. Eve YouTuber

Eh, Me and Dragoness Just made this thread to recap what was shown to help the community. If you don't like the topic then maybe skipping the thread is the best option next time.
    • Like x 1
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I get it. And it is appreciated. Its just hard to get excited for nearly un obtainable items.

You do great work for the community. Wasnt directed towards you. Just have had enough of these things. Spoke out of frustration. So i do apologize for that.

That said. The items in it are cool. As always.
    • Like x 1
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I don't mind being wrong, but afaik there are no 1:1 suits that include the character's emblem specifically for Superman, Batman or Wonderwoman. Could you tell me which one's you have in mind please?

Note: I'm laying out a criteria above.

The big3 trinity receive extra legal protection treatment other characters don't receive. The suits we're discussing have to be for those 3 characters. And the suit has to be 1:1 AND include the emblem. For example, FP Batman is nearly 1:1 also but excludes the emblem. We have lots of non canon style items that include emblems because the styles aren't canon costumes that would potentially dilute the license holder's copyright. When they're 1:1 and include the emblem it's typically because the emblem is baked in and locked to colour channels etc. These are all ways the Devs appease (maintain their contract) the legal needs of their licensee.