Reasons to raise level cap in the future

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by sean04122009, Jul 21, 2013.

1. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

i agree with your overall statement but hypothetically speaking we're in t5 now if the devs introduce a level cap it would be the same design. Where you grind for better gear, sp and pp
    1. Im using the same method for leveling 1-30 for and increase level cap no difference.
    2. Only difference will be you'll be in new zones, acquire better gear, sp and pp.
    3. As of now sp increase stats , power points only unlock abilities. The evolution part is your powers changing to do something extra while grinding through new open world content.
    4. This game say the next legend is you how is that when everyone uses the same loadout ???
    Lets say you grind through it and your full item level 87 (purple) cr 100 but the new drops are higher than t5. Starting out at 90lvl item level but as i stated you have to be cr100 in order to participate in the new content/ zones because better gear will drop . I know alot of people who like doing those missions 1-30 but with newer content to introduce a level cap they should of course introduce better gear, more sp and pp. but i guess we can agree to disagree but i would love for an ideal to show how a level cap can be better or for someone to deliver a stronger point on evolving are powers.
  2. Adonais Crux New Player

I think they should make it where we can go to level 40 or 50 to increase stats by the level. for example level 31 gives idk +7 vit or something in that nature. They could put it in a dlc as well. Also it would be a cool idea to have a number somewhere near all the players name of their combat rating, that way we want need to inspect everybody if we ask for a certain combat rating for a raid or something for w/e reason. Also no one said you had to make it easy to level up from 30-40 or w/e, you can make it where you can only get exp from doing certain tasks that might aquire skill :)
    • Like x 2
  3. ShadowStyleB New Player

Each player chooses to play the way they want to. If they choose to be cookie cutter, then no amount of change is going to matter they will always be a cookie cutter player.

Your proposal is a drastic change to the way PP work and would assume that it would either lock the powers you pick at 30 or be a new set of points to gain. Your new zone and all can still be introduced same as they did CC with its own marks to gain and gear and a slew of new feats without disrupting how the game is constructed.

New ideas are great but you have to come up with some that use the existing mechanics of the game to be taken seriously. It's easy to take ideas from all over and bring them to this game but there is a reason they work in that game and not this one and its hard to add something that changes the way the game operates after it's been out for 2+ years.

The way you say your idea now is simply replacing one grind with another and that isn't really evolution just another grind.
    • Like x 1
  4. Xeranx New Player

The only thing that has me going against this is the fact that builds are already too cookie-cutter as they are. If the game was more built around a free-form plan this could work, but that's not how this is.

You have power trees and have to take certain powers you may never use to unlock abilities you want. I feel that already nullifies the idea you presented, OP. Had we been able to choose abilities and assign some passive consequences to some of them as well (for example: make the light power spike ability give back power over time instead of the claws or boxing gloves or giving winter ward's shield and reflection ability to bitter winds), I would completely support this idea. Why? Differentiation. If this idea is put in place as the game exists now, it's going to be (largely) the same builds with minor differentiation. No one will be all unique or as unique as one may like which is something I look for when it comes to character customization beyond the look of the character.

Frankly, I'm tired enough of being like everyone else as it is. I don't want more added that just makes me work harder to really not change all that much.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sgt Forge New Player

I like it with a small modification. Rather than progressive levels for each power, allow a certain number of points to be put into 3-4 attributes. For an example, take a power like sticky bomb it could have AOE, number of enemies affected or damage X%. You would have to choose what is most important to your style of play.

If you have ever played ACIII, their system is kinda like this, and I think it could be made to work DC, allowing more customization without making every power OP.
  6. ShadowStyleB New Player

The problem is that it worked in ACIII cause that was already how the game was designed. What is being talked about here is not a current design on the game therefore it would require a retooling of the current game as it is constructed to fit said idea.

Ideas that flow with the mechanics of the game work better than ideas from other games.
  7. Sgt Forge New Player

True, but I thought the discussion was about a possible raise in cap, and how it could be implemented...with your statement about current design many things ( like R&D, lairs, etc) may have never gotten off of the drawing board, since they were not current game mechanics, and they required retooling of the game in some way.

Me, I prefer to speculate and imagine how things could be changed, and more importantly how the change could be an improvement, even if it may be highly unlikely to ever be implemented due t the magnitude of work involved.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mick93 New Player

9. Miahztwin Committed Player

sounds nice, but do I have to do lame missions that have me flying from point to A to B to C and back over to A?
  10. ShadowStyleB New Player

You have to remember, R&D and Lairs fit in with the mechanics of the game. They might add a twist but they didn't require game changing mechanics such as an extra tier of powers some suggest or more PP or added levels past 30.

R&D involves making modifications to gear to increase set stats but not all stats at once. Lairs add a home or base and also mods that don't last without upkeep.

They customize and retool the weapons skill trees to accommodate the influx of more SP all the time. They even revamp powers but all these changes work with how the game is designed and within the mechanics of the game.
  11. SuperiorMouse New Player

no thanks. there's absolutely no reason to raise the level cap, unless they are introducing more single player leveling content. if they do, then sure. Great even. otherwise no. Endgame is all about CR. that said, there was a post the other day on Facebook polling to see who people wanted as potential new mentors. so, let's hope that they are adding new leveling content and therefore need new mentors.

personally i'd like to see mentors get revamped to be functional. i'd like the mentor system to teach powersets instead of tied to storylines. it could be both though too. /tangent

as for your seperate suggestion regarding improving existing abilities... sure whichever. but it has nothing to do with leveling.