Reasons to raise level cap in the future

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by sean04122009, Jul 21, 2013.

1. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

Their are tons of ways to introduce a level cap in the future, so please no comments on how they need to fix other things first because i said in the future(meaning no specific date) , not tomorrow, next week , month or year.
    They could introduce more solo content, expand trees or give us a third tree or,

Here's a better thought they could do like marvel and diablo where if you love using a certain ability you can put more power points in that ability to increase its damage, effectiveness, stuns, debuff more enemies and etc, etc..

Example---------i'm just stopping at 5 levels but with each level cap increase i propose they introduce more levels.

So 1 power point increase your ability level and each level will cater to your powers ability. So might base attacks will increase that ability based might damage and the same applies to precision based attacks.
    mental normal move telekinesis-
    1. level 1 normal,
    2. level 2- increase damage,
    3. level 3- increase pot by 5 ticks when cast, 190 is not 195 when casting this move
    4. level 4 levitate 2 enemies
    5. level 5 etc etc
    Mental debuff pyro-
    1. level 1 normal,
    2. level 2- increase dot,
    3. level 3- increase critical attack chance only 4 this move by 3%
    4. level 4 debuff 2 enemies
    5. level 5 etc etc
    Mental debuff thought bubble-
    1. level 1 normal,
    3. level 3- debuff 2 enemies
    4. level 4 encase 3 enemies
    5. level 5 etc etc
    Mental debuff thought cryokinesis-
    1. level 1 normal,
    4. level 4 instant encase enemies/ no longer need to cast it twice
    5. level 5 encase 3 enemies
    Mental Supercharge Bastion-
    1. level 1 normal,
    2. level 2- last 2 secs longer
    3. level 3- last 2 sec longer
    4. level 4-grant user immunity
    5. level 5 supercharge become 40%
    As you move up each level, you keep the previous level plus the new level .. So your always gaining .
    This could offer a variety of loadouts , play styles and give you that felling of a better customization and actually feeling different AND GODLY.

Whats the community thoughts of increase your abilities effectiveness, stuns ,power outage, healing outage, etc, etc?
    • Like x 5
  2. Tskales Well-Known Player

I like the idea of upgrading abilities. Some people may only use a few of the powers available to them, and making those few tricks more effective would be worthwhile.
    • Like x 3
  3. Tye Hailstorm Well-Known Player

I want to be the First to Say that this Idea is Good and would Provide a Deeper Development of Character Customization and Make all of us Different. I would love to be able to Increase My Defibs usefulness to myself and my party if it at level 3 Gave out my Might/Prec Bonus to everyone who is affected and at level 5 Spreads to the whole team without splitting down further.

But bewarned there WILL be people who come on just to Say "No We have only 6 slots, this would be pointless and a waste of devs time, we need ALL The bugs fixed because the game is totally unplayable and unfun and im unsubbing if they dont fix it blah blah blah":rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

There are no reasons.
    /end thread
    • Like x 6
  5. Tskales Well-Known Player

Oh yeah. You'll get the people who say no for the sake of saying no.

Hopefully, people will see past them and give the them the lack of attention they deserve.
    • Like x 1
  6. ShadowStyleB New Player

The reason the idea gets shot down is the game initially wasn't designed for levels to be the focal point of player progression but getting feats and skill points as well as raising the CR.

They don't have to raise the level cap to introduce any new levels. They already expanded the weapon skill trees without a level cap increase and it gives benefits to innate abilities.

Your idea sounds good but the level cap doesn't need to be raised for any of that to happen.
    • Like x 3
  7. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

Their are tons of ways to introduce a level cap in the future, so please no comments on how they need to fix other things first because i said in the future(meaning no specific date) , not tomorrow, next week , month or year.
    They could introduce more solo content, expand trees or give us a third tree or,

Here's a better thought they could do like marvel and diablo where if you love using a certain ability you can put more power points in that ability to increase its damage, effectiveness, stuns, debuff more enemies and etc, etc..

Example--i'm just stopping at 5 levels but with each level cap increase i propose they introduce more levels.

Combat rating- once you reach 100 cr. Your open to new zones and content that will allow you to increase your character level 31+ with the new cr scaling over 100. That way they don't have to change previous content but just adding new content to accommodate leveling over 30 with new level cap giving more skill points and power points.

Plus ask yourself why didn't they remove level 1-30 when they introduced combat rating? The devs have constantly added and removed things such as graphics, mechanics, styles, etc, etc. So why not level 1-30, especially since every item has a combat rating?
    My guess is that in the future it will be raised later once they find the right way to introduce it like other mmos, that launched and raised their cap 3-4 years later.

So 1 power point increase your ability level and each level will cater to your powers ability. So might base attacks will increase that ability based might damage and the same applies to precision based attacks.
    mental normal move telekinesis-
    1. level 1 normal,
    2. level 2- increase damage,
    3. level 3- increase pot by 5 ticks when cast, 190 is not 195 when casting this move
    4. level 4 levitate 2 enemies
    5. level 5 etc etc
    Mental debuff pyro-
    1. level 1 normal,
    3. level 3- increase critical attack chance only 4 this move by 3%
    4. level 4 debuff 2 enemies
    5. level 5 etc etc
    Mental debuff thought bubble-
    1. level 1 normal,
    4. level 4 encase 3 enemies
    5. level 5 etc etc
    Mental debuff thought cryokinesis-
    1. level 1 normal,
    4. level 4 instant encase enemies/ no longer need to cast it twice
    5. level 5 encase 3 enemies
    Mental Supercharge Bastion-
    1. level 1 normal,
    2. level 2- last 2 secs longer
    3. level 3- last 2 sec longer
    4. level 4-grant user immunity
    5. level 5 supercharge become 40%
    As you move up each level, you keep the previous level plus the new level .. So your always gaining .
    This could offer a variety of loadouts , play styles and give you that felling of a better customization and actually feeling different AND GODLY.

Whats the community thoughts on increasing your abilities effectiveness, stuns ,power outage, healing outage, etc, etc?
  8. Motive New Player

You really need to learn the proper use of capital letters. D:
  9. Tye Hailstorm Well-Known Player

It is a very very very bad habit of mine, i do apologize. i picked it up while in school (Still attending my 3rd year in SVSU WOOT) I usually type like this and my MSW picks up on it and fixes it for me, idk why i still type like that but its just the way ive been typing for 3 years now lol
  10. ShadowStyleB New Player

Your idea is solid but would best be served by adding those things to weapon trees because of skill points. Most don't believe that skill points make the character more affective until they see an increase in their innate abilities in combat.

Look at the stats already increased for each role with skill points and your suggestion would fall in line with what is already in game as far as buffing powers.
  11. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

can people give reason why they say no and why they want their powers not to evolve because at the end of the day this post talks about evolving current in game powers.
    This gives a example of constant progression of power abilities not gear level or skill points. The devs only gave us power points through leveling so , i'm just using the same method to gain more power points and increasing in game abilities to the next level.
    • Like x 1
  12. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

I know the importance of skills points and we already have multiple ways to obtain them , eventually we will get more power points if we as a community can show a constructive way to obtain (which is what i'm trying to do) especially with all these new mmo's coming out and recently launched mmo's. My things is take all the best thing from certain games and incorporate them here to make this one even better. I want my character to evolve in all aspect not just sp and gear.....

example with out sp let say telekinesis hit an enemy for 100 health
    the next level hit it for 150
    next level 200 ,,, this doesnt includes stats from your sp because the new base just became 200 without any sp ,,
    so increasing your might of course increase the damage of this ability but this ability also becomes stronger sense this single target move can now hit more enemies.

Embrace evolution my brothers and sister
    • Like x 1
  13. Nitefelina New Player

I feel like raising the level cap will just break the game, and people would then leave in the masses like never seen before.

Yes, the game would die over night.
  14. ShadowStyleB New Player

Every power in the game. I play a lot and have a lot of characters. Whatever you choose will sound good but then they could more easily implement this through skill points something already in the game.
  15. TrueOlympus New Player

It wouldn't benefit the game in anyway. At all. It will simply make this game extremely easy. Imagine Fireburst lvl 4? Overpowered no matter how you look at it.
    • Like x 1
  16. ShadowStyleB New Player

Really isn't evolution just min-maxing. All it sounds like is basically at every level either pick all the powers as to play both roles or increase the stats on your best power for your role.

You can tall all the aspects you like from all the other games but you have to realize that this is the way this game is and that is how those games are.
  17. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

So you saying increasing an ability in game will make it easy lol?????
    go look at marvel heroes and see how they pvp ...
    Back in the day when a ability was (op) people would find away around them vs now crying on the forum getting it nerf.
    Now what should happen is that you should either break your power in more or find alternative ways of overcoming your obstacle.
    How i look at it it that i would simply use a level 4 reflect pain(mental ability) ,,,,
    If you choice to simply increase your attacks, defense or both then guess what thats on you. Of course a level 4 fireburst will be strong but same rules apply when you use a shield now against fireburst lol
    Honestly theirs nothing no one could say that i havent already thought of , I have a way around most questions to prove my ideal could work. so bring it lol
    • Like x 1
  18. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

Trust i know but on the old forums their was a guy who mention safehouses, and headquarters pvp and he had about 20 ideals to make this game better overall and this was in 2011.
    1. he mention pvp involving an airplane and a moving bank truck
    2. also mention 3 iconics entering your faction headquarters and your mentor tell you we have a intruder
    Guess what we end up getting safe house pvp and hq ... Some people told him it wouldnt work but the devs incorporated his ideal a year later unless it was a secret dev
    So with that being said their is always a way to incorporate good ideals to fit the playstyle of this game

We might get it later 2-3 later but why not show the devs we're interested in it????
    • Like x 1
  19. ShadowStyleB New Player

On the old forums they also said a lot of that stuff was coming. They only mentioned a level cap raise briefly once and haven't since.

Your idea is solid but I wouldn't call it good. Your idea isn't really about evolution due to the design of the game not allowing more Power Points (PP) but rather relying on skill points (SP).

There is a reason that this idea gets shot down more than any other and if you recall there was a ton of support for "Safehouses" or bases. One of the main reasons is the design of the game and how adding levels just becomes another grind instead of gear and SP.
  20. surge914 New Player

as much as I like the Diablo 2 style for powers it wouldn't work here. the powers would need to get nerfed or like someone else mentioned the powers would be OP unless the increase are super small but with the minimum power points we have, if the increase were small it probably wouldn't be worth it.

you mentioned someone suggested safehouses and HQ and it got implemented well;
    safehouses and hq are garbage. maybe how the person suggested it would've been fun but the ones we have right now are garbage.

it works in marvel heroes cause:
    1) you use a few powers and stick to them hence making that power stronger.
    2) their whole system revolves around this hence why they keep leveling and keep getting power points. dcuo is maxed at 15 PP. too small.

it was a nice suggestion but I cannot see it work.