Reason Why Roleless buffs need to stay

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Now now, dont flame me just yet. Let me explain.

Roleless buff were introduced because the game lacked players to play roles such as tank, troller, and healer.

This is not because they are bad roles, it is because for many players those roles simply arent strong enough for solo content or duo content or for the most part they are excluded or not needed in the content outside of raids.

Unnatunned gear doesnt show up until T6 so the real actual option of playing a support role outside of vendor gear is not present.

Since damage role is the preferred role until T6 and seeing how other roles wont be getting any adjustments until late this year, Roleless buffs are required to sustain our population.

I mean can you imagine all the problems removing roleless buffs would cause for low level player at level or even players at endgame who cant find the other roles to fill in the gaps?
    • Like x 9
  2. krytine Loyal Player

[ some of my league mates would agree with you me no. I think it just promotes dp universe end game content you could always find players on LFG with little problems and now you have in 4 man 3 dps and one healer or tank e eryone wants the top of that stupid scoreboard that doesn't show actual score to be honest if you got rid of the robots it would promote more teamwork which the game was promoted on and designed for
    • Like x 3
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

What if we could travel back in time and never add them?
    • Like x 11
  4. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

No. Please stop drinking the dps kool-aid derio.

Let the playerbase address the problem, we don't need our hands held with roless buffs.
    I really wonder about you sometimes...
    • Like x 10
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I think they should be removed for "active" content and as we move out of that cycle/tier, they should be introduced. Encourages finding a real group instead of running 3 DPS while it's the main content and when it's not relevant it allows players to catch up easier. Win/win
    • Like x 5
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

*Drinks Kool-aid Dps with Derio, i totally agree they need to stay ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Not surprised at all. Some do require hand holding...
    • Like x 8
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well you got to keep in mind everyone doesn't play support roles. i mean i do i player heal/troll soon tank, but you know not everyone, don't get me started on the random que's.
  9. Veritasum Loyal Player

I think roleless buffs are somewhat of an easy fix. IMO it has turned into a bandaid for a much larger problem. I could see taking them away being good and bad. But my brief bad theory is that more people would rage quit and the good is that we may get an improved batch of players at end game.

Ultimately the answer for an overall healthier population is likely somewhere out there. Today's up and coming casual gamer has a place in DCUO and so we need to mind them.

In concert.... I don't know.
  10. TestReporter Loyal Player

That time when u don't have anything to do and write a thread in the forum to start a big headache?
    • Like x 6
  11. mexmex Dedicated Player

Those are and will encourage the decrease of all the roles, except for the dps one, and this will not be a role game anymore, already seems DPS online, I have always play my troll or tank role instead of my dps side in my two mains, well after this montha I had enough, I m switching to my DPS instead since I am no longer required in the alert, nor as a tank nor as a troll, Im only needed for the elite alert, well, I will only tank troll for my league mates, but as my secondary role, because that is what this way of thinking has made of me a secondary player if IM not dpsing, while for dpsing is the easy way, one set of gear and you are good to go, but as support you will need the best stats, the best gear, twice support and dps for solos, duos and alerts, and almost raids now.

Sorry but your way of thinking is what is killing all the good stuff this game had
    • Like x 2
  12. Backseid Devoted Player

I'd like to see what content is like without them. DO they really even make a difference?

Look, people REALLY need to get over this whole idea of playing in Support stance all the time. It's not how ANY of these games work.

No one ever runs all content fully specced into Support role (and yes, it is called SUPPORT in every other game ever).

Every game has some sort of mechanic so that players can do damage and be fully Support WHEN NEEDED. Our system is to press "T".

Get with it people. I know most of you haven't played games like this with Roles, but try and be logical.
  13. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Same here, I refuse to play support as long as this roleless buff system is in place..
  14. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I respect you. But we can't both be right. Today is my day... Remove roless buffs.
    • Like x 1
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Well seeing how limited their budget is, they wont have time to give healer, troller, and tank proper adjustments for both role and content wise so removing the roleless buffs would be bad.

I was actually hoping that T8 would start with no roleless buff in that content but then I remembered how hard it is to get a tank in a random queue for endgame alerts.
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

Remember roleless buffs that were broken when LPVE first started?

The problem is our system is to press T or up on the dpad if you are PS. However that only increases damage potential by a small amount while completely removing support benefits.

Take FFXIV for an example. A healer cleric stance is almost like switching armories in DCUO however being able to switch back in 3s or less. You cant really compare the support in those types of games to DCUO because in DCUO the support is not self sufficient.

You are right however. Support is not needed for solos, duos, alerts, nor is is meant to be required for those types of content. However all this talk about getting rid of the roleless buff, when the roleless buff helps more players complete content than the game getting crossplay.
    • Like x 1
  17. Minnion Devoted Player

Other MMOs your role is your role, with none of this stance switching... If you have healing powers you're the healer. If you have stealth and can stab stuff in the back you're the rogue, if your skills are all about grabbing aggro and surviving you're the tank, or in some cases your build determines your role... "Support" stance got labled "support" by the glut of DPS that didn't see the value of the stance beyond "Power" or "Heals" or "Bait", a problem further exasperated by a lack of updates for the other roles that left them gathering dust as they fell further and further behind in terms of being able to contribute beyond their "nitch", not to mention the Devs making the huge mistake of not designing solo content around all roles, leading new players to be more comfortable with the one role solo and even duo content was designed around... (In short content was designed around overpowered DPS neglecting the other roles which contributed to a lack of other roles since solo and leveling content was needlessly difficult for anyone who wasn't an overpowered DPS.)
    • Like x 5
  18. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Let the playerbase solve the problem. If the content demands it players will adjust. Roless buff help nothing but DPS stacking. Tanks will appear if they are needed again.
    • Like x 3
  19. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Remove them.

Players can use LFG to make their own groups. That's the response the devs give about other issues.

I wonder how much the buffs actually matter. Maybe remove the buffs but not tell us.
    • Like x 9
  20. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I like it. Roleless buffs are the single worst thing ever done to the game. Then remove the max damage mod. So ppl have to figure out how to dps again.
    • Like x 5