Reason why Photon Blast is broken but no one talks about it

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ???, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I knew it...lol.
    • Like x 1
  2. The Hornet New Player

I'd also add, and I think BB and Jeebie had a great conversation about this in a thread I read and can't recall where it's at, but the cc/breakout relationship could use a look, too. The only real issue I have with PB is in pvp. It's one thing to say "just lunge," but in most situations if you're the player getting hit by PB, even if your slamming breakout, you won't get a lunge off in time as the weird knock back convulsion your toon does won't break out immediately.

Also, it really shouldn't proc the escalating might mod twice, unless the other finishers proc twice. I think screwing with the power beyond that is too much. It's a finisher, it's supposed to hit hard, and gadgets is already giving up some capabilities at range.
    • Like x 1
  3. MetalMario Loyal Player

Gadgets can keep up with HL and celestial actually.
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

False info. Quantum's finisher deals 3 ticks.

Channeling powers are not DoT ticks. While a player is channeling an ability they are planted and the damage from that ability sets off what you could say individual hits(ticks) that if interrupted are canceled.

How can you tell the ticks are independent hits? Menace, Warped Reality, and Intimidation ONLY PROC on initial hits off powers besides weapons. So because those 3 can PROC off of Terrorize, EE or Photon then that proves the channeling ticks attacks are independent.
    PB has 6 ticks, more ticks than the others, it's going to activate a 2nd proc off the neck because it registers the channeling hits as individual hits. They are not DoT ticks. If EE, or any other channeling finisher, had 6 ticks it would activate the 2nd proc off the neck.
    That is how the power works. This is just another bogus discussion by players assuming they know what they're talking about.
    • Like x 2
  5. Miahztwin Committed Player

OWNED
  6. El El Committed Player

Well thats good,i havent seen Gadget toon who could keep up with me so far,im Celestial.
    Then again i still believe a good skilled player can keep up with any power.
    I was electric Dps and i could keep up with Celestial and HL.

I still believe Might value is weak compared to precision.
    I almost tripple my damage output when i switchet to Celestial.

It has nothing to do with powerset in my opinion,but every thing to with prercision vs might.
  7. Miahztwin Committed Player

Off topic, But thanks for the youtube video lol
  8. Giggles Loyal Player

Photon is fine. It doesn't do anywhere near the damage that other finishers can do in as short of a time frame. If you get with impaling thorns for example, the chances you reacting quick enough to save yourself is slim to none. The only thing you can do is pop a soda and hope for the best. Photon is slow and dots you in a period time where you can both A) breakout or PvP trinket, and B) block. Not to mention you can also use a soda to easily defend against it.

However, 87 might is nothing. If you are scared of 87 extra precision, you are doing it wrong. I don't use escalating might myself, but an extra 87 might is inning to worry about. There are far bigger problems right now like 1H, Celestial, and Nature. Work on your timing better and like me, you will laugh when people use photon on you. Timing is everything in PvP. You should know that. :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Never Happy New Player

^^ of course it is giggles

if you weren't a DPS troller you wouldn't comment, open and or read this thread. But here you are saying its fine.

The Irony is delicious.

Also it seems your gripe is with 1handed Nature and Celestial healers again, judging by your last paragraph.. guess we are going to berated at about healers being OP again soon enough and trollers are weak and not balanced.

You will never be about balance.
  10. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

and..this is one of gadgets only must moves. Not many PI in gadget etc.
  11. thelostczarnian New Player

photon doesnt need to be nerfed but i think it is truly a glitch for photon to activate the neck mod twice. that part should be fixed asap
  12. ??? Well-Known Player

So are you trying to justify something broken so it won´t get nerfed uh?
    If you are scared that taken away, you should try using other powers you know?
  13. ??? Well-Known Player

Wrong.
    Descriptions reads 1 power 1 proc.
    "IF" your argument were somewhere near valid, then more powers should proc 2 timex in 1 use.

1 use of power, 1 proc.

How hard is that?

Sounds more like scared gadgets users hating.
    • Like x 1
  14. SKAVANGER408 New Player

For pvp they need to stop the channeling hand mod and I would be cool with it.
  15. The Hornet New Player

I don't see how the highlighted portion actually proves anything. I get two ticks of damage off terrorize, does that mean I should get two procs off escalating might?

You cast PB one time, you should get one proc on the escalating might mod. I don't see how that's a bogus point, or cause for a sour-*** attitude.
    • Like x 1
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I can only dream.....

If HT disappeared forever I'd be so happy.
    • Like x 3
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

LOL do you realize the blunder you just made? I explained how channeling damage works and why it would trigger the neck mod.

Escalating Might: Increases your might by 87 for 8 seconds each time you hit an enemy with a harmful superpower. This effect can stack up to three times. Does not work with supercharge powers.

The underlined can be interpreted differently. Either it accounts for the channeling abilities or it doesn't. The only person in the position to say whether it is intended to work like that is a Developer. How hard is that?

IF it is intended to not work that way, you basically just proved it's the neck mod itself that is bugged yet you still wrote

So now you did a 180**? now its not the power but the mod? Make up your mind. My responses are directed at your original post. The hand mod is the focus here.

No, sounds like a Gadget user who knows that your intentions are clear as day on what you want to happen to Photon.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

Just stop. Of course you don't know how it proves anything. The highlighted was to prove how channeling ticks register and how they affect the neck mod.

edited*
  19. ??? Well-Known Player

I can see you are gadgets uh?
  20. Aqua New Player

Yeah someone just told me Photon is proc'ing more than once with the neck mod, that's kinda scary.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.