Reason why Photon Blast is broken but no one talks about it

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ???, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Shouldn't the Quantum Finisher trigger it 3 times then? And Photon 3 times as well?

All the rest of the finishers should trigger it twice.

If the interpretation is that each hit can proc it, then each hit should proc it.
    • Like x 3
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

Yep. Cyber hug?

I realized another thing. It doesn't specifically say one ability must deal one proc/activation per power. So it's still open based on interpretation. Which is why because of how channeling abilities work, but exclusively with PB, it's best if a developer state whether it's a bug or not. Not some biased poster. Wouldn't you agree? You should try PMing Mepps or Tunso/Spord or hope they post in here. Whatever the decision is wouldn't even bother me but they're the gavel.
  3. ??? Well-Known Player

[quote="TheDark, post: 2186433, member: 451"

So now you did a 180**? now its not the power but the mod? Make up your mind. My responses are directed at your original post. The hand mod is the focus here.

No, sounds like a Gadget user who knows that your intentions are clear as day on what you want to happen to Photon.[/quote]

Noup am been fair. If photon procs 2x, been the only finisher doing it, then either
    a) fix
    b) balance the other finishers and make them proc 2 times too

Is fun how you scared gadgets users are trying to use arguments to justify is "working as intended"?:rolleyes:
    Don´t be scared hommie
    • Like x 1
  4. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Then fix the mod and leave proton blast alone.:mad:
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

Well the definition of a PROC is a random procedure of (insert whatever bonus here).

When I use PB, the PROC from the neck doesn't always trigger right after the ticks. It's random. Most of the time it's on the initial hit then 2 ticks after. Which in the case of a 2 tick finisher wouldn't happen because there's nothing channeling after the 2nd tick. I am curious as to why it doesn't happen on the 3rd in the case of EE but maybe its because of the deliver of PB ticks which are faster.
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea it his harder than any other 35% move above 35% health. So good that people just use it back to back. I will agree its damage above 35% health should be toned down a bit.
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

lol. Never said working as intended. I described how channeling works and a specific ability which no one else in this thread can do. A developer decides whether it's working as intended. Not you or me.

And you haven't been "fair." I already quoted you to prove that you weren't.

I ain't never scared.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Where is the, "hmmm maybe it's the Mod and that should be looked at" option? Because all you are basically showing is, "I hate PB and it should be nerfed."
    • Like x 1
  9. The Hornet New Player

I don't know how it proves anything because it isn't a construction that leads to a conclusion of inferential logical necessity. Using menace/terrorize as an example because that's what I'm most familiar with, it seems as if you're saying that because menace may proc off one of the two tics of terrorize damage (assuming this is true, and I don't know that it is), it therefore must be true that both tics of terrorize damage are somehow "independent" vis-a-vis their channeled power status.

If that's the case though, who doesn't menace proc escalating might twice? Why does PB only proc escalating might twice if it does six ticks?
    • Like x 1
  10. The Hornet New Player

The neck mod "activates" on every power cast, and apparently twice per PB cast. Nothing random about escalating might.
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

Menace DOES PROC with Terrorize.

I already explained why it wouldn't PROC off of a 2 tick ability.
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

Apparently there is if its randomly PROCing off of photon blast and not consecutively.
  13. The Hornet New Player

If it's only happening on that power it lends credence to the argument that there's something at issue with the relationship between that mod and that power then, huh? Kinda makes OP's topic not bogus ...

Edit: Anyone feel free to quote this post with the words OWNED in red/bold all caps.
  14. Blue Spectrex New Player

I find it funny that mainly the ones who think photon is in line with the other finishers are gadget users.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

There is a problem with that mod if it's PROCing period. the description says it each time you hit an enemy with a harmful superpower which means it shouldn't be PROCing. It should be consecutive.

The original post states the power ITSELF is broken. There is no mention of the neck mod until LATER ON in the discussion when that is made clear. That said, how was I owned? Get real.
  16. The Hornet New Player

Look, I'm not sure if there's a language barrier here, or if we just have different interpretations on what the term "original post" means, but I'd suggest you rewind back to the very first post in this thread and re-read it, paying close attention to the verbiage highlighted in red.
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

Original post silly, what does the second to last sentence say?

Where does he specifically say the Neck mode is ALSO a problem? Where does he even mention PROCing? He is putting the focus on this issue on Photon Blast itself. You're just here to play devil's advocate lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. The Hornet New Player

Really? You need that much help with this?

19. TheDark Devoted Player

he puts emphasis on this in the original post AND in the first responses following on ONLY FINISHER IN THE GAME THAT IS BROKE AND TRIGGERS ESCALATING MIGHT MOD 2X.

he DOESN"T even explain what's going on with the NECK MOD. You need help seeing that? There is NO detail on the relationship with the 2 on WHY it would be bugged.. It's simply Photon Blast in the OP and it's triggering the mod twice. Yea, that's really going into the core of the issue.
    • Like x 2
  20. The Hornet New Player

He explained that the neck mod triggers escalating might twice per photon blast. Seems pretty obvious. You're getting into the why it activates twice per cast, but I think that's rather irrelevant. The simple fact that it does activate twice during a cast, without other tradeoffs, is a balance issue in relation to the other finishers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.