Question: Crossover Names?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheArmorsmith, Jan 12, 2016.

1. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

If possible if a Dev could answer how will the Crossover names work.

To my understanding there are com the PC and PS side that may have the same names, so will there be a name re-claim, or will there be like what happened a few years ago where if your character (example) name is Doomrider and I think it was someone else with the name on a different server had the same name but one person name became Doomrider_BMK or something like that, are you looking at something like that?
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Details incoming later today.
    • Like x 6
  3. Supergirly Dedicated Player

This is going to be painful, I am sure of it. Some of us have had our names years longer than others, and we still play. I just hope it is not "first come first serve" cause some of us cannot login at 2 am, to grab it when it goes live.
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Don't forget league names too
    • Like x 2
  5. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Thanks Mepps. I am really hoping that I will not lose names over this. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I hope not too, I've wishing it will be something where both sides can keep the names just have the PS and PC version have different names, and say one is from a different time line lol.
  7. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

For some reason I'm not too worried about that....mainly because I go through leagues like my son in a toy store....lol. But it will suck if you have a good league name and all of a sudden one group have to change it.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Many ps leagues are gonna be mad if they lose their names
  9. Supergirly Dedicated Player

All Role Play Leagues would be mad to lose their names to the other server.
  10. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I would be too if I lost my Monster Hunters name. I might make a new league today now thinking about it....for my villains.
  11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

So happy I own Little Sister on both USPS and USPC :)
    • Like x 2
  12. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

But if they did it like in the past wouldn't you have to give up one of those names....There can be only one little Sister lol. So when crossplay comes fight them to the death.
    • Like x 1
  13. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

I had a simple thought for what they could be doing but by the time a scrolled down to type it I have become very scared about this.
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I dont play on PC so I wouldn't mind her getting renamed. I just meant I'm happy cuz it guarantees my PS name will stay.
  15. Magician Dedicated Player

My eyes are peeled for this announcement
  16. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

oh why?
  17. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

I'm glad that nobody on PC had any of my names, it makes life easier.
  18. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I'm so worried about my Snake Woman name...i was lucky it was there on the PS side after 3 years (made her in like 2013-14ish) I don't have to worry about Tigress. I don't hope they loosen the reins on some of the invalid names too (not the bad ones)
  19. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

looks like I'm good on Snake Woman there is a Snake Woman_I.
  20. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

All the horrible ideas people have put forth over the years for getting already used names they want (like those @handle things), started coming to mind.