Question about the current DCUO for our lead producer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rorrigam, Mar 27, 2024.

1. zNot Loyal Player

While thats a viewpoint the issue with that is how will you explain that to people that dont swap? Would you say thats fair to the majority of the playerbase? How will endgame content be designed if some use and or benefit from more then the 3 intented artifacts? You and many people in the endgame community including myself want engaging content but i dont see how they will be able to provide that untill they focus on balancing outliers like this.

the root issue with this and any overperforming thing is the way we experience and compete in content if we look on groups who art swap vs those who dont the damage difference between a DPS that swaps vs one that doesnt is so large that its concerning and no amount of skill can compensate the fact that the other DPS is swapping a bunch of artifacts, the reason why swapping trinkets etc isnt really talked about is simply the potency of the swap since artifacts are much much stronger not even compareable then swaping a consumable etc as strong as artifacts plus being swapable 24/7 speaks for itself on how much brokeness of doors it opens and id guess that many new people rather not play a game that relies on mimiks like this to compete in endgame instead of value actuall skill and not your ability to swap arts in and out.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Everyone should swap casually when necessary, a bad player doesn't adapt to the changing dynamics of the encounter when a simple change would have avoided a wipe. On a higher automated level, armories are exactly that as well.

The only difference is that artifact or gear swapping of any nature is a more pin point manual method of changing your build during combat where the automated system isn't precise enough

All systems, including the PS4 and Switch are capable of this level of swapping, so I'm not sure I see your point about "how we explain that to the people that don't swap".

At the moment, that level of swapping, the type of swapping I vehemently defend is accessible to all players should they choose to embrace it.

The real problem is the stacking of effects, I don't disagree with that aspect, the solutions however are important when it comes to fixing that issue, which don't have to involve entirely destroying the casual swapping scene, the one that has existed in this game forever, even prior to artifacts existing.
  3. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Well said. It is a balancing act, between giving enough information that the player base doesn't feel ignored or abandoned, and being Peter Molyneaux or Todd Howard (or the marketing division of CD Projekt Red). It's okay to say, "hey, that's a cool idea," or "We can have the dev team look into that,"but when it comes to making promises without even asking the people who have to code the thing if it's even possible or feasable... best to leave that to Marketing.
    • Like x 2
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Sure but the effects need to cease and not linger after the art has been swapped out if it’s considered hear correct … we aren’t talking trinkets here we are talking gear although I think trinkets should also follow this rule ..

But if I swap out my bow for my brawlers I no longer have any bow effects it there … if I swap out my tank legs for my dps legs I no longer get the might and precision boosts. … artifacts should work the same way .. if it’s gear then it should follow the suit
    • Like x 2
  5. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

I agree the effects need to go away once the artifact is removed as long as we can swap it on and have the effects when its on that's all we need. Then no more exploits
    • Like x 1
  6. Moon Shinobi777 Level 30

Hi, Mr. Kendricke How are you? I've have the read your post from a few day's "Welcome to DCUO". This game has been thru alot, being bought and sold with too much mishandling for 13 years. Where the focal point on stability for rock solid gameplay was never the goal. Are the bug's starting from the core of the game and then the DLC bug's that came with every update starting with ep.1 to 46 going to be fixed for the future of DCUO? Will there be an upgrade for unreal 5.4 for DCUO future? Are new server blade's and rollback netplay in the future? Thank you for your time.
    • Like x 1
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

Swapping, specifically sweaty swapping, isn't just about stacking effects, it's also about bypassing the designed balance mechanics of many artifacts. A few are designed to build, buff, and then drop the stacks. But players use swapping to bypass the stack dropping and keeping the buffs maxed at all times. In those examples, it isn't how the artifacts were designed to work. Then you have others like septor that proc everytime they're swapped in, also not how it was designed.

I won't get into a semantics debate about changing out gear...in this case specifically, it's about how often they are swapped in and out, and the reasons they are. These sweaty players aren't simply swapping because of certain scenarios in combat, they're swapping 30 plus times a boss fight to gain every advantage they can get with stats and effects. Something needs to change. This type of swapping with groups of people make the hardest content trivial, then those same players are demanding harder content....even some are part of the testing community and influencing development when it comes to content difficulty....that's a huge problem. There should not be a demand for players to own over 6 artifacts to get through content. And, if you are one of these sweaty players, with the mindset that players who want to run elite and elite plus must spend hundreds of dollars to have every artifact, you too are part of the problem.
    • Like x 6
  8. KidKretz Committed Player

am i getting this str8, you are saying that you play elite + and your gameplay is impacted because the content is too easy and you want it to be harder?
  9. KidKretz Committed Player

HEY! You leave my bouncy balls alone Mr.! :p
  10. Braniac Killer New Player

Hi Kendrick’s welcome back to dc. My name is juke and I have been playing the game since I was 8years old in 2011. I am genuinely enthusiastic about your recent posts and am looking foward to all the upcoming events. Hopefully the dc community is as warm and helpful as you seem to be so far.
    • Like x 1
  11. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

i read you have been playing the game recently so I was wondering what are your thoughts in regards to the stat clamp and also about art swap.

No harm.... But.. A lot of us are eagerly awaiting your answer on the first question.
    • Like x 1
  12. Randarch Active Player

I actually appreciate this. I've worked quite a few jobs were my bosses promised others things on my behalf. Even things they knew were unreasonable. So thank you.

Question: How about a new survey to get player input on what we feel is a priority? I think that would be a good first step.

Kind regards
    • Like x 1
  13. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

People are not advocating for "Artifact swapping" to be removed. They are advocating for the stacking of artifact abilities to be removed when you do not have said artifact equipped. Swapping artfiacts is OK, the stacking of abilities is NOT ok. Thats where the issue lies.
    The more they stack, the more damage people will do, the more damage people do, the more health the bosses get next dlc to compensate, leaving those who do not art swap at a major disadvantage and also wastes a lot of their time. Look at the new CHME alert. In elite the last boss is so tanky that people would rather take 1 tank and 3 dps to get through it because it just takes so damn long. I made a battle healer just for CHME because the alert is so long for no reason. This is coming from someone will full 160-200 artifacts and run said content with people the same gear as me.

So, again, people are not asking for us to be locked out of inventories, or to stop us swapping stuff in combat (some are, those who are asking for that are kinda dumb and dont know what they are saying). They are wanting the effects of said artifact to be removed from our characters if the artifact in question is removed from the players equipment slot.
    • Like x 1
  14. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Guess this as good a thread as any to post this, but I was wondering…
    What about building an episode around Warlord and Skartaris?
    • Like x 1
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

A pleasure to meet you. I definitely understand you want to keep your cards to your chest at the moment. I wish you an incredible time here.

I understand you & the team have to get a feel for things so no rush on your thoughts about the clamp. I will ask if you & the team can consider reducing the stat clamps restrictions (a lot) if damage blockers are programmed into each boss until c mechanic is fulfilled. This is already coded in bosses like doomsday where you have to get the turrets & darksied where you have to beat granny goodness.

(This part is purely opinionated)

Personally as long content isn’t balanced specifically against art swapping with stuff like giving a boss 200B health lol I don’t have an issue with it personally & I’m not even able to do it being on ps4. (The lag for the inventory is terrible especially trying to switch tabs to lvl art’s & augments (T_T). )
    • Like x 1
  16. Moon Shinobi777 Level 30

Will the in game map homing beacon be fixed?
  17. M3RCURY97 New Player

Question for our lead producer. Is the dev team considering fixing the earth 3 visitors duo or making the collection piece from earth 3 available? Can this be looked at? This duo and its drops have been gone a long time.
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Anyone here who has had an actual "legitimate" argument about artifact swapping is merely asking for exactly that, at the very least.
  19. Chilontius Level 30

Really hope art swapping goes away, and I've wished since the game came out, CLIPPING was not a thing.
    • Like x 1