Question about the current DCUO for our lead producer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rorrigam, Mar 27, 2024.

1. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

Squeel little piggy squeel lol. I know its no laughing matter but that was funny.
    • Like x 2
  2. Bowieite Active Player

Brilliant, mate, well said, indeed.
  3. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

I believe art swapping should be left as it is. As mepps who is now gone said months ago and several devs beside him agreed that art swapping although not intended was gear swapping and is completely allowed by the games design. Simply taking that away is no simple feat infact it would be super complicated and in disabling it would create a huge new list of problems to occur it could probably even break the game being such a core element since launch.
    • Like x 1
  4. zNot Loyal Player

the only one crying here is you like you did during EoG :p you dont own the forums as much as you try to tell me to stop complaining you dont have the rights to shut anyone up
  5. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

i don't recall seeing proxy telling you not to have an opinion or to shut up and if he did i apologize but i feel like you are just trying to be toxic. Many people were upset by how eog was done but why bring that up now there is no reason to bring that kind of hate into this discussion if you can't say something positive or productive i don't believe anything should be said at all.
    • Like x 3
  6. Rorrigam Active Player

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and although you might not be able to share many details for the time being, I’m glad to know your are open to feedback. I’m also happy to know you have someone (your son) who can also give you more feedback if he sees things from a new player perspective.

I don’t hate nor love the clamp. Sometimes it can be frustrating if the group is not good, but I also prefer it to completely one shooting everything (that’s my personal opinion tho).

In regard to art swap, I personally don’t mind it as long as it doesn’t affect my experience as a player. What others do with their character is completely up to them. My only issue comes when some people want to force this play style.

Not sure what the future holds for this game and while I’m still hesitant about investing too much time/money due to how things have been managed lately, the future of the game doesn’t seem so dark in my eyes as it was a few weeks ago.

Truly looking forward to seeing how you and the team develop in the future, and once again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!
    • Like x 2
  7. zNot Loyal Player

The reality is that i didnt talk about EoG untill proxy tries to as always trying to bring past topics up a topic that he failed miserably on where he tried to gaslight so much but at the end it still ended up getting nerfed its a primary example of his past also he replied to me first while i simply expressed my view on art swap to a dev not proxy,incase you cant read the OP who made this post is about art swap whats to weird to have me comment on a topic thats this post is about? He told me to stop complaining thereby he is telling me to be quiet do i have to explain you everything?
  8. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

No you don't have to explain i can see clearly what has been going on here and that the devs are not gonna like this arguing it wont look good. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but as the devs come in here and skim over what yall are saying bring toxic back in forth they will hesitate to listen to your opinions as hate instigated in the discussion is unproductive.
  9. zNot Loyal Player

Its not toxic to express a view on a topic its toxic to tell people to stop complaining aka shutting people down that dont fit in someones agenda.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

See you can't even be constructive with respect to your own opinions and ideas, you just hope spouting nonsense towards me about the EOG is somehow going to better validate your opinion, but it doesn't, it just makes it look all the more flimsy.

You keep crying about people going in and out of their inventories swapping, but when you're actually confronted by someone asking questions and coming up with solutions you just resort to this type of silly dialogue...

You either want constructive change or you don't, this also has nothing to do with owning the forums or telling you that you don't have any rights, this is in fact the very opposite, you made a public post on a public forum and expected no one to respond to it, it seems you're the one looking for an echo chamber, not me.

Again, look at the ideas I just presented any comment, or are you just stuck on this EOG nonsense?
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Its funny because you had a issue when i said to you while ago that art swap shouldve at the very least been adjusted so that all consols can to it as good as PC it really just shows that you dont care about fair and balanced gameplay
  12. Proxystar #Perception

What are you on about... I didn't bring anything up about EOG, I was responding to your "artifact swapping post" and you brought up this nonsense about EOG, as if it mattered.. it seems to me like you aren't prepared to actually defend the position held in your own original post within this thread, either you won't or you can't, but what you're certainly not doing is putting forward meaningful, constructive ideas to address the artifact swapping issue short of just implying and explicitly suggesting players should be locked out of their inventories.
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Its more like you arent prepared so you had to tell me to stop complaining ;)
  14. Proxystar #Perception

It's like you're in some kind of bizarre land within your own mind... I literally just said, that one of the biggest problems with artifact swapping is when people go on about system limitations.

Albeit you can casually swap on actually any system, the only real limitation is the speed at which people do it on PC and PS5 and I'm actually suspecting new xbox's are fine as well.

The only swapping you really need to be doing is casual swapping when the need arises for the player to navigate a tactial switch for a change in circumstances and that accessibility should always remain.

The idea of locking inventories for example, eliminates that ability and ruins the game on a more fundamental level, we have always been able to swap gear, since the very beginning, to adjust to these tactical variables.

You issue is with the artifacts and the only real problem systems are the PS4 and the Switch, which lets be real are dying hardware verging on obsolescence in any case.

Nevertheless, I've just outlined for you a few options to alleviate the artifact swapping problem that actually address the core issue, not your perceived issue of players playing in their inventories, you're just not actually interested it would seem in having a meaningful conversation about solutions, you just wanted to rant about the personally perceived wrongdoings of others and hoped you'd catch the ear of a dev.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

you've literally proven you weren't prepared to properly defend your original post in this thread, again. any comment on the solutions I posted? ;)
  16. zNot Loyal Player

Youre over complicating it just look at the allies tab we could have something like that for artifacts ( the stacking of art buffs is a issue that needs to be fixxed as you said urself) but like i said if its not locked to swap arts during combat the second option at the very least i expect would be a equal system for all players on all consols this game isnt only about PC players where you can use all sorts of tricks to get extra advantage compared to the other platforms i expect them to provide a equal gaming experience or why is PC and PS on the same server if we arent getting this sorted out.
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Although i agree for the most part and also think addressing this directly instead of letting Kendricke run into someone requesting such thing in the game by themself, have you seen how often a random dps procs the reflection of Wonder Woman during 1st boss Cte/+? Its easy to see and you have plenty of time to stop your rotation, yet still even very experienced players often proc it due to the target not being locked on the other boss after exiting the inventory. So it is an issue to some extent for gameplay, but mostly - in my opinion - its making the game look bad in videos, which is exactly what Daybreak seems to look forward to expanding on in the future.

But there is definitely a right place and right time to argue about that and its not here. :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

The issue isn't that people are swapping in combat of course, the only real issue is that the sweaty try-hards are stacking the effects of multiple buff artifacts at once and where possible they're resetting cool downs or in places evading the entire intent or drawbacks of artifact by removing it.

At its core level however, swapping an artifact is an entirely reasonable practice because if a circumstance changes in a boss encounter that means I would receive a better tangible benefit from making a change, making that change should be available to me.

Let's say for example a boss is at 2% and the DPS are out, I could swap in a DKS and orbital the boss, the controller or healer is out, I could drop a P-stone, or I could put on a Lazarus Pit, let's say I'm in elite+ and I've used my life, I might wish to reduce my damage but increase my survival likelihood by putting on the Lazarus Pit - do you see how this casual swapping operates.

If you put the artifacts in to a UI by themselves, then you eliminate the ability for players to swap artifacts in that very casual, but impactful manner, it's actually one of the massive downsides with the ally system.

You need to have a way for players to change artifacts in combat, but heavily reduce or restrict their ability to do all the actual issues described above, like stacking buffs and evading mechanics.

This can easily be achieved by putting a cool down on the 3rd slot, as that's the only one they're swapping without suffering significant performance losses, or you could zero cool down the armories and then move everything to a separate UI.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

It's a public forum, if the topic is raised, I will respond, that said I believe the point has been made clear here, in that you are correct.

Again, the issue isn't the issue so to speak, it's the solutions that get put forward that really miss the core issue they're trying to address.

Locking the inventory in combat, because it looks bad on a video is shorted sighted and silly and is such a bad fix it's laughable that it's even suggested.
    • Like x 1
  20. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A "Don't quote me on that" signature may go a long way. :D

Being too conservative or vague on sharing information is what lead to that Article which promised a graphics upgrade back then when the next-gen client was announced. It was never specified what the exact goals were, so people speculated and spiraled into wishful thinking which actually stuck around for 3 years.

Despite some players over here taking everything as set in stone, most players get their information about the game only from official posts in the announcement section or trusted players - be them well-known ingame or on Youtube and these can differentiate ideas or possible goals from whats set in stone.

More transparency is always welcomed. :)
    • Like x 2