Quantum NOT OVERPOWERED

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by KDICHU, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Sionn Committed Player

Reliable, and objective? So, if someone shows a log where it's not happening, then it should be disregarded?
  2. Biester New Player

How can you claim quantum is not op but in the very next sentence claim that all other powersets are "weak"? If all powersets are weak except one, then by logic that one is op.

The arguments forum-posters give to defend their opness is amazing!! Even if quantum was to get nerfed, there are a few other powersets that are pretty close to quantum's damage potential. Maybe in another year or so powers will be close to balanced but not anytime soon.
  3. iThaWiz New Player

Okay and who are you? lol Have I said anyone's name on here? No, so fyi I don't care if it's bugged or not bugged, people are still going to cry.
  4. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

Cool.

Not at all. Posting jumbled logs shows nothing worth scrolling through. Post parser data with your loadouts and what content you ran. Sparring targets are pretty reliable. If it registers damage and you compare X rotation to Y under the some circumstances, it's reliable.
  5. Sionn Committed Player

Jumbled logs? Those logs are exactly what the parser uses, and it clearly shows my rotation, and what the mob's name is. You just want to see something that supports your claim

No, sparring targets are not reliable. There has to be an issue with them not registering CR, because one rotation on my light character will be 50% higher than the next with nearly the same crit percentage. The dummies have a problem.
  6. shiny mackerel Committed Player

Your logs look normal-ish, but that may be because you were "locked" into the unbugged state. It's kind of weird. Once you get the double max damage going, it stays with you until you stop Time Bombing. Same for when you're in the normal state. The only reliable way I've found to move from normal to bugged or vice versa is to either relog or wait a while.

it's not doubling your damage when it happens btw. moving from a 60% modifier to a 120% modifier is a 38% increase in damage. your regular power damage will only be increased by that much. however the time bomb multiplier also scales with damage modifier, so your time bomb loop damage will be increased by 38% twice, resulting in a 90% increase in time bomb loop damage. averaged out over a rotation, you'd be seeing maybe around 75% increase in damage overall?

And here it is happening to both sparring targets and real NPCs. I use the time bomb multiplier to show this as it never changes at the same damage modifier. This is with only the max damage mod (60% modifier overall). The rotation is Time Bomb -> Tachyon Blast. In the first pic, I get the bugged multipliers, wait a while, then get the normal multiplier. In the second pic, I get the normal multiplier, wait a while, then get the bugged multipliers (all in the same fight).

Sparring targets:
    [IMG]

Parallax solo:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Sionn Committed Player

Then it's not consistent, and if it's affecting normal powers like tachyon blast, then it should be affecting the other might powers in the same way.

Um, are you on PS in that log? Maybe PS is the issue.

Also, I wonder if latency has something to do with it sticking.

Like I said, I have never seen out of whack damage on my quantum, but if it is affecting other people, then there has to be a reason for it.

I looked at my light character's log, and he has the max damage mod, but I don't see where his hands are being listed like the logs you have, or my quantum has. It should be listed after using power fan, should it not?

Oh, I did finally find one where the gloves kicked in, nm.
  8. shiny mackerel Committed Player

Well yeah it's not 100% consistent, but you can reliably turn it on/off whenever you want and once you get it going, it'll stay in the bugged/normal state as long as you keep Time Bomb off cooldown.

good observation, I didn't notice before. when it does bug out, the combat tab shows the hand mod affecting your char.

and I haven't tested with other powers, but it's only happening with quantum when you use Time Bomb. the tachyon blasts were only getting boosted while Time Bomb was being used. it shouldn't be happening with other powers unless they have some special mechanic with the same issue as Time Bomb.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sionn Committed Player

Then it should be tested.

Yeah, it looks like they kicked in twice on the same power. I can't find that happening on my logs.

Your logs are from USPC, or PS? I guess you're on PS, or EUPC. Guku does not exist on USPC.

If it's a PS issue, then that is a whole different problem.
  10. PVP360 New Player

Why are people crying about the amount of damage Quantum is doing. Its especially necessary for t7 raids.
    If you dont like it just because it trumps on scoreboard then find a way to beat it...

NOT ALL POWERS ARE EQUAL

GET OVER IT
  11. Sionn Committed Player

I can't reproduce this bug on uspc. I'm going to try TC.
  12. Sionn Committed Player

Alright, the bug is there, and I figured out exactly how to make it happen. It's not random, and It would have to be a total coincidence to get the timing just right to make it stick. I'll tell Shiny so he can confirm, and pass it on to the devs.

I'll tell you this, you can't make it work at all with a full rotation, unless you did a particular thing to get it started.
  13. shiny mackerel Committed Player

I'm on USPC, but that was on the test server.

And yeah... I guess I was too lazy to test the other powers. looks like people were actually on to something.

I tested every power and found that this is also affecting Mental, Munitions, Gadgets, Fire, Ice, Light, Elec, Earth, Rage, Sorcery, Nature.
    You can just spam one burst power and you'll see the damage increase like you had an extra 60% modifier. Some moves trigger it but some don't. So i'm not sure to what extent the other powers can maintain it. and it was the same deal. just comes and goes whenever you stop attacking for a while. You get the extra max damage when you relog 100%.

The only power I couldn't reproduce this with was Celestial. I tried a few powers and its AM but never saw it hitting for more than it should've.

did you test it with powers other than quantum?
    • Like x 2
  14. Sionn Committed Player

Yeah, I just saw the same thing on celestial, but the odds of getting it to stick with that power is slim. You'd have to just cast powers. Which is what I did. Of course, it's not near as noticeable on celestial if you're just spamming powers.
  15. shiny mackerel Committed Player

which celestial power did you use?
  16. Sionn Committed Player

Retribution. It goes from the high 400s/low 500s to high 700s/low 800s. Otherwise it would be in the mid 600s with the normal buff.

Who is going to do that accidentally? It wouldn't happen with celestial, or any combo power by anything more than luck.
  17. nasva New Player

Time bomb is buggy after another ability i dont know wich but it makes over 100.000 dmg
    100.000 dmg with one ability thats not over powerd thats BUGGY ist a glitch and munition is overpowerd too.

is the sad that we have 13 different powers and i only see quantum evrywhere because its the only dmg.

with other powers u will be called noob or kicked out of group because they need quantum dmg.
    the best on dcuo was that all players have different powers, weapons, roles and skill but at moment we have in the dps area only quantum and muniton.

the other powers well balanced meanwhile
  18. The Atomic Tuna Well-Known Player

Today I played League hall Malfunction duo (I think that's what it is called) on my 112 celestial toon. My partner was a 115 quantum. Both of us were in DPS stance. I doubled him........It was my first time playing the duo. I couldnt believe it. Either the dude sucked or something is definitely up with quantum.
  19. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I ran LAB and even after being knocked out within the first minute on the last boss I still topped the charts. I was a 114 Quantum. We had two 117 Players in there. One Sorcery and the other Light. Tell me Quantum is not OP and I will laugh at you.

I do have to say though, on multi targets I have seen a DECREASE in my damage. THAT IS IT....But overall I'm still hitting really hard on single targets and even on multi targets my damage is not bad.

I still see those 100K hits and I hit for over 250K with supply drop, trinket and 2 SC on one rotation.

This definitely needs some further adjustments. Given that players with a CR of 117 were beaten by a 114 with 116 bosses and adds. My damage should have been lower but it was not.
    • Like x 1