Quantum being nerfed?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by RevengePro, Feb 22, 2015.

1. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Comrade your mind is pretty much in line with what im thinking nothing major just a slight damage nerf of maybe 2-3% in damage. See the issue you bring is a correct one, to many players play with average players that don't take the time to learn their power set. A Quantum plays a equal skilled and geared Sorc/HL/Fire/Nature ect anything else that Quantum will out do him 10/10 times, no powerset that is that easy to use should do that much damage. That is why so many players like the powerset it takes pretty much no skill to pick it up and play and do well with it. Am is making all powersets easy to use but the devs went over board with Quantum in terms of ease of use. What some players need to understand is raiding with pugs and keeping up as another dps powerset doesn't mean that Quantum is balanced I honestly don't know many respectfully skilled, or have decent skill point players that pug.
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

QUANTAMMMMMZ.
  3. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Three weeks and going...Quantum IS overpowered...
    They do that with ALL powers they "Improve"/"Revamp"/"Tweak then throw them into Live.
    ...except Mental. Other powers get three-to-four weeks, We got...three days.
    Then came the Chop. Mental is castrated once more.
    • Like x 1
  4. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

This the last post i will try and add to this topic but I never liked these type of dps comparisons because in game in real combat they go clean out the window, as a HL dps nothing will stand their and allow you to keep your combo going like that anything in this game no matter if it's cr is 5 can come from no where and stop your combo. Quantum dps is simply to simple for the amount of sheer damage it does.
    • Like x 1
  5. winter13 New Player

USPS
  6. winter13 New Player

I think there are a lot of quantum dps that don't understand the power, or the AM maybe. I consider myself to be an average dps, and I almost always finish ahead of the quantum player(s).
    • Like x 3
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

And after putting my rotation back together, I no longer tell people how I kill things. Welcome back to ninja DPS rotation land.
  8. winter13 New Player

No half decent player would come on here and level an entire servers population as terrible either. :D
  9. winter13 New Player

Soul well is not one of the powers I use in there....I agree with that
  10. lanternknight Committed Player

Quantum doesn't need a nerf. I have seen both HL and nature beat top the charts against a quantum dps. Now the excuse a lot of nerf cry babies will make is oh thats only because the quantum dps probably didnt know what he was doing. If you want to make that excuse go head. But I think the real issues you guys that get dont really know what your doing with your power compared to others that are using you power and keeping up or beating quantum users.

Stop complaining about the ease of Quantum's awesome mechanic too. You guys sound stupid when you do that. All awesome mechanics are simple. It doesnt much to hit battle display three powers, emp, distract into emp, then repeat. Let alone cold snap ice bash then arctic gust over and over again.
  11. lanternknight Committed Player

It is for that reason comparing powers in a static environment is the best way to test a power out. Just like HL every power with a awesome mechanic is vulnerable to interrupt. If a quantum user gets interrupted they have to try to get they needed powers off for time bomb to hit hard. Not to mention getting those powers off before time bombs fast cool down.

If a mental user gets intterrupted they too lose the big damage hit unless they start over with resonance.

If ice is interrupted the user loses time for an article gust.

Pretty much all powers AM if interrupted won't do full damage or have a chance to do full damage. Except, gadgets, nature, and electricity.
  12. Reaper501 Well-Known Player

No better, lazier,not aggressive, lag and keep dying. Even lazy to do a 1-2-3-4 Boom!!1
  13. lanternknight Committed Player

Lets not exaggerate. Quantum doesnt guarantee top spot against other equally geared and skilled players.
    • Like x 1
  14. Apexpredator2470 New Player

Fix freakinggggg nature primal wolf form before nerfing anything.
    • Like x 2
  15. Mad9 New Player

I have played for two years on the EUPS prior to switching to EUPC. The population on EUPS is at least 3X larger than EUPC and thus the number of unskilled players are greater in number. Also, I responded in kind to the accusation that EUPC server is full of noobs.
  16. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

May I asked whats your in game name Lantern and your server? I am not asking for a flex contest thats not my thing just a simple question. Lets be more exact, take in to account deaths and dealing with raid mechanics anyone can lose but Quantum has a clear advantage over any other powerset, don't kid yourself man.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ogat New Player

I've changed my main to rage from elec because my leauge needed one more tank to reliably run Throne with any given composition, in my time as rage i've outdpsed quantums, natures,gadgets and sorcs alike, that doesn't mean i delude myself into thinking rage can actually hang with any of those powers, it jst means the people i played with sucked badly, doesn't change the fact that should i choose to play as quantum I could reach several thousand effective dps more while playing it a lot safer and putting in zero effort.
    • Like x 4
  18. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

You worded that perfectly, as I said before people play with some pretty bad players and use that as a bases that quantum or aonther Op fotm powerset is equal to another, because they beat that said Powerset . It goes back more clearer to when Rage was released and they could spam Outrage 1 rage dps could down the last bosses of nexus in 20 secs, but on here players were defending it replying with well I beat rage dps all the time, "sure you do bad ones"
    • Like x 3
  19. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

I don't know him. I play on USPS. If you want to hit him up, feel free.
  20. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

What is your character's name, if you don't mind?