PVP T5 GEAR?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by LORD TRIUMPH, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Yallander Loyal Player

My comment was regarding your snide remark as you like so much to attempt and belittle anyone who doesn't share your point of view. I'll agree to disagree with you as I have many times in the past. One thing to consider though is if you are fighting 3+ v 1 in 5's then you aren't on a team, you're in Robinson Park getting ganked.
  2. LORD TRIUMPH New Player

I like all types of arenas
  3. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Love all the Arenas. Hate the big gear gap.

Bringing out T5 PvP would be fine. IF you make T4 and T5 PvP gear obtainable through Legends also. In Legends you can beat a Premade since everyone is balanced. So why if I outskill Premades in Legends matches can I NOT earn my T4?

If you win you should get the marks... Legends or Arenas. This would have more players gearing to T4. Which in turn leads to more people able to compete in Arenas with their T4. Anyone wanting more competitive game play shouldn't object to this..
    • Like x 1
  4. Giggles Loyal Player

I promise you, in 5's if a team wants a target dead, they are dead. It is worse in Robinson park, but it takes no skill to spike someone. 5's in my opinion is a waste of time. Back when it was blood bat and T1 only it was fun and balanced, it is no longer the case and it will most likely never be the case again. The devs have made that crystal clear. Regardless I agree to disagree with you. I will continue to enjoy the game overall, you can continue to fight that uphill battle for tiny minority in the overall population, that not even I who enjoys PvP, even cares to partake in. PvP died when immunity was introduced.
  5. Giggles Loyal Player

I agree Irish. Only as a business I feel they should still be locked after 1 win weekly, and unlocked for 12 replays so they continue to get all the money from replays, should people choose to unlock it.
  6. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I'd be fine with that. I'd be more inclined to buy replays on my chars then since I'd know I'd actually have any chance of it working. I'm sure many would feel the same.

I don't see how SOE could lose anything in this situation. Right now most the people getting T4 are the ones getting carried through Arenas by already T4 geared players. Less people are earning it, most getting carried.

Which is fine, just don't see any reason it shouldn't be able to be earned in Legends.
  7. ArcSin1 New Player

Really hope not, not because i dont like to grind for gear or mods but because ive written off arenas since the pet invasion and really really really dont want to have to go back any more. Just not fun!
  8. Giggles Loyal Player

What? Are we playing the same game? Less an effect in 5's. Let's do the math, Orbital Strike x 5, Henchmen x 5 x3 each = 15 pets with one trinket. Just to name a few. Now in 2's it's orbital strike x 2, and Henchmen x 2 x3 = 6 total pets from that trinket. Seems much better to me. I know the little 5's crew is really tiny these days and maybe you guys forget what it's like fighting others rather than the same handful of people, but many do not premade. Many could care less about premades as this game is far from competitive. This game is the haves vs have nots,plain and simple. Again, MUCH easier to survive in 5's because of all the split damage and stacked healers, in 2's you don't have those luxuries.
  9. Ice Lantern New Player

I hope T5 PvP gear never comes out. We all know that T5 is gonna be pay-to-win. They tried the idea, it worked, and now it will be the norm.
  10. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

If they never upgrade the PVP gear, then more and more people will wear PVE grear in PVP as new tiers of PVE are released. Keep releasing PVE and PVP tiers together so the PVP gear can stay competitive.
  11. LORD TRIUMPH New Player

12. Mista E New Player

before you say a tdm takes no skill... sync up a 4v4 or a 5v5 with another premade.

A TDM agaisnt puggs takes no skill, but a TDM agaisnt another good premade, takes skill and team work.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I did a Lair battle and failed horribly. Granted I was a controller against a tank but I could barely scratch him. That will be my first and last time doing lair battles. I have some T3 PVP, the T4 mask and the rest is T1. I was asked to leave a group because I didn't have enough T4 pieces. Well, I'm not going to earn the pieces unless I do the content.

I agree that it comes down to the Have's and Have-not's.
  14. Giggles Loyal Player

@Mista E
    I don't normally premade anymore, there just isn't anything to prove. I don't need to PvP anymore, I have completed 4 sets of T4 PvP. I have all legends unlocked on all 3 of my guys. The best matches are 2's. They take more skill than anything you will ever do in 5's. Again E, all 5's is about is coordinating spikes and who stacks the most healers. There is a reason why 5's is so unpopular even though the self proclaimed "leet" PvPers chose that as game type. 5's s great when you have 2 premises, but they normally end up beng 0-0 due to al the healing. I'm sorry I'd rather smash the same kids from that 5's in 2's and save myself from the 20 min snore fest that usually ends as a draw. 99% of the time, those same people who claim 5's is where the skill is at, get wrecked in 2's. I wonder why that is.... Oh yeah, they don't have 2+ healers keeping them up while they spam block for immunity.

Either way, point is T5 should stay the way T4 is now. The only difference is that they should definitely implement a cr in PvP. So under geared players don't get face rolled. That's about it. PvP itself is really not about skill anymore either, it's all about the haves vs the have nots. That's the main reason PvP continues to die each day in this game. Eventually it will become so unpopular that it won't even be worth fixing anything in PvP, at the rate were going lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ice Lantern New Player

They can easily make it so that doesn't happen, they just choose to allow it. For example, they can easily make it so that any zero-toughness gear temporarily turns into unmodded archangel gear and changes back once the match is over.
  16. FiNGERS New Player

T5 Gear? Are you crazy? I'm new to the game, and very interested in PvP. I'd love to be able to compete. But as it is I've already gotta grind broken Legends games for weeks (depending on your available playtime) for any chance at even getting Tier 3 in hopes of not getting 3 shot. And I'll still be getting beat down in arenas. Not because you're better than me, but because you've played longer. So quit talking about skill and admit why you really want better gear so you can keep pounding kids that don't have the same time to burn playing this game as you do.

If it's going to take any longer for me to even be able to play my character in a PvP setting then I won't bother. Legends matches get old quick.
  17. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Yes... Legends matches get boring after about 3 straight matches.
  18. Brit Loyal Player

PvE is about Progression. You need better gear to run harder content. You run harder content to get better gear. Etc.

PvP is about Competition. There is no way to make a new PvP map and have it be "harder" than the old maps; the challenge comes from your opponants, not the game.

Because PvP is about Competition, it is in the best interests of everyone to have the stats as close as possible. The more people can get their PvP gear, the better. New people don't want to come in and get squashed by people 5 teirs ahead of them. Veterans don't want to log on just to squash people 5 teirs behind them. One sided matches are not fun for anybody, whether you're the winner or the loser, because they are not good competition.

The purpose of new teirs of PvP gear is to keep the "other stats" similar to the PvE gear, so that players have a reason not to wear their PvE gear. Seriously, look at the differance in the PvP and PvE gear right now and really take a moment to consider it. A full T4 PvE player, of which there are tons, decides they want to try their hand at PvP. In order to switch to their PvP gear at the introductory level, they lose over 1000 Resto. Or over 500 Vit. They lose over 1000 Health. They lose over 1000 Might. They lose over 400 Precision. And what do they gain? The tiniest smidgeon of Toughness. When the PvP gear got changed so that Toughness was reduced and Health became the main stat, it got even worse. The biggest, most important stat on your PvP gear was still a loss from your PvE gear.

And to get even just to T2 PvP gear where you can start to narrow that gap and maybe make the gear wearable, it takes hundreds of matches, probably most of which will be losses because the new players are stuck competing against the Veterans with our full T4 PvP gear.

New PvP teirs are good, because they keep the Might/Precision/Resto/Vit/etc in line with the PvE gear, so we don't end up in another situation like we were after DLC3 where T4 PvE could blow through T2 PvP, just because of all the extra health, power, damage, and healing potential.

However, the prices of PvP gear need dramatically realligned. Getting the earlier teirs of PvP gear needs to happen so much faster, because expecting players to sit through 450 losses before they can actually enter competitive play does nothing to help the PvP situation.
    • Like x 1
  19. wegiel New Player

It's not a solution, cause you can farm your T3 pvp gear really fast, by the time you will finish full t3 I think you'll get 2 pieces of t4. And now it's a new matchmaking system that put better geared players against similar group. So puging pvp is not so scary anymore. Gear is not all - this time which they have to spend to get full t4, will also teach them a lot of tricks and make them a skilled and better players. I don't want full t4 pvp players who don't know how to play. They will be same usless like on the beggining with pve gear.
  20. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

LULZ, I can only imagine the bugs this would cause. But I agree that that would be a solution if they could implement it w/o bringing about DCUO: End of Days.