PVP T5 GEAR?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by LORD TRIUMPH, Feb 24, 2013.

1. LORD TRIUMPH New Player

Yup agreed on the whole rock paper scissor affect,but I've seen low tier tanks beat t4 healers its also a lot of player skill
  2. Vyltran Loyal Player

I do not like this idea, every player has come to a level to prove their abilities, if they do not take advantage of 'em probably they get own'd..

Every role got his weakness, so don't expect to be the unbeatable char on game..

If 'DCUO' decides raise PvE to 'T5', expect for some 'T5' PvP too..
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I really want to hear you reasoning how PVP is pay to win I earned all my checkmate gear through matches I didnt pay for anything. and before you start I didnt use replay badges just many many weeks of locking all the weeklys and farming between matches for exo's to mod my gear. So how am I pay to win?
  4. Yallander Loyal Player

What Zypher is refering to is that 1st you had to buy the DLC to even access the tier and 2nd many players were using replay badges to obtain T4 gear in the better part of 1-2 weeks and then steam roll still gearing players (who mind you at this time didn't even have full T3.)

It put a bad taste in everyone's mouth but the people who "paid to effectively have a clear advantage" thus winning against evenly skilled players just because of increased stats.

T2 gear was all PVPers had for over 8 months and the PVP community was much larget and active at that time.
  5. LORD TRIUMPH New Player

But threw time everything gets an upgrade/update otherwise it tends to get boring or just thrown to the side so why not? I see the T5 theory bringing a lot of people that have full T4 and has gotten bored of the game. Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those select few. But there are tho's who are and don't play due to the feeling there's nothing to go for anymore. Just saying a T5 might bring back more people to accomplish this new set
  6. LORD TRIUMPH New Player

Buuut then agn wuts the point PS4 is going to shutdown all hopes of transferring any ps3 content to your PS4
  7. Chungweishan New Player

What I've noticed is currently happening is players just doing 1v1 Lairs to quickly get T4, or premade 2v2s. Then get white mods.

The inevitable PvP-T5 should be obtained by specific Maps and hopefully 5v5. Therefore it's more of a challenge and group effort to get it, and T4 players aren't just farming T0-3 players for marks.

The problem right now is White Mods. Currently, White Mods are a game-changer. There are mods increasing damage, healing, defense, no-interruptions, power... everything is already off-balance and T5 certainly isn't going to solve it.

How would future V-mods affect T5?
    Will it seem like God-mode versus anyone lower than T5/V + Lockbox Rings/V + White Mods + Belt + Trinkets + Consumables?
    What if players added pieces of inevitable PvE-T5 to upgrade the non-defensive stats?
    Would healers have so much Restoration and Power that it's nearly impossible to knock away any health?
    Would players deal ridiculous damage in the 1000s on a normal basis?
    How would anyone in Open-PvP or Arenas survive if they're still gearing up pre-T4?

Sure, some players might return for T5, but I'm more than sure they'll realize it's now a stat-numbers race than anything resembling skills. Skill > Gear... not so much anymore.
  8. LORD TRIUMPH New Player

9. Giggles Loyal Player

Yeah, I'm with Chung. There is no skill in PvP anymore. It's all about the stats. The only way I feel PvP will ever become popular again is if they make it about skill by creating a barebones arena, where each role has set stats, sodas, and PvP trinket. Very similar to legends but with our load outs and characters. Without that, I will continue to not take PvP seriously and just run a muck. Honestly, it doesn't take much to be good in PvP these days.

The only thing I am against that Chung mentioned is making 5's. In my opinion it takes less skill to be good at 5's than it does 2's. I say this because in 5's it all comes down to who has the better gear, the communication (which many do not use on PC), and who stacks the most healers. Whoever thinks it takes skill to be good at 5's in my opinion isn't very good. In 2's you have one partner but the fact that you do not have one of every role and only have your partner to depend on is huge, and takes way more skill. Ever wonder why most of the people who do 5's are terrible at 2's? LOL.

All in all though I do for the most part agree with Chung though.
  10. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Those healers must suffer from LTP disorder.
  11. Mista E New Player

i think they should just get rid of pvp gear and increase the health on pve gear and then make defense do what toughness does in pvp.
    • Like x 1
  12. LORD TRIUMPH New Player

But that leaves a bunch of errors toward pvp
  13. Karasawa Loyal Player

They wouldn't even have to get rid of the current pvp gear, just replace the toughness with defense. I don't know if it would actually work though. There would be a lot of people complaining about how so and so didn't have to work as hard for their gear. It would also reduce the amount people spend on replay badges if they only need 1 set of gear as opposed to 2 (or 4 for me) for everything in the game.
  14. Yallander Loyal Player

On the old PC forums Spytle discussed the dev stance on combing gear when my friend Hawkboy asked a question. Here is the response he received:

This isn't to say I disagree with combing gear, but to show what PVPers are up against with the idealogies of the devs regarding PVP in this game.

Personally I don't mind a gear progression, but I do not want it to be something that continues to seperate and segment PVPers further apart. The devs need to realize that they are nearing the end of what players will put up with before they just call it quits. PVP in this game could be as mainstream and competitive as Guild Wars or League of Legends. The problem isn't with the game so much as the perceptions of those developing it. According to them PVP is just a duck--QUACK!
  15. LORD TRIUMPH New Player

My personal opinion pvp destroys pve reason being, who wants to be the strongest against computers? Not me! I want to be the strongest PLAYER vs PLAYER. This is a social game is it not?
  16. Event_Horiz0n New Player

Already.....? slow the @#$% down.
  17. Event_Horiz0n New Player

But I fight computers all the time in arenas.....pets!
    • Like x 1
  18. LORD TRIUMPH New Player

lol funny EVENT
  19. YodaDog New Player

(shhh... just between me and you, Max.. I dont think he really does see low level tanks beating t4 healers all the time. I dont think thats true at all. XD)
  20. Cadens Dedicated Player

Every DLC that brings out tier armor, should also bring out the same level PVP armor. Would add so much content for such a long period of time.
    • Like x 1