PVP phase idea. Dump factions & change to Battle Royale mode

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Knarlydude, Aug 12, 2018.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And... this is exactly a large part of the problem: if can't even agree on the type or style of PvP content, how do you expect them to fix the mechanics? o_O
    • Like x 1
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

No weapons, no powers, no gear. No soders, no trinkets, no pets. You simply select the map, number of players... queue up, and while the countdown commences, everyone is finger snappin and dancin.... then team vs team punch each other silly until one player remains. It'll be like a West Side Story brawl. Batman, Robin and Alfred can pull up in the old Batmobile and blow their ol' timey police whistles to.
  3. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I seen this thread last night and wanted to think this over while I had my morning coffee. :D

The map will be Gotham and Metropolis, whichever you get is random but with removed enemy spawns, lowered pedestrian and vehicle spawns with randomized hero/villain missions to save and or hurt people(explained later).

They can be queued into through the on duty menu, and they will have their own tab with modes for solo, duos, alert and raid size groups.

The player amount will be equal to how many players can be in those phases, and when a player is eliminated(playing solo) or knocked out and not picked up(group modes) they are sent back to wherever they were last or they can spectate the remaining players(solo) or teammates(groups).

Everyone goes into the modes evenly, so a seasonal type of stat clamping would have to be in place. There will be no health and power regeneration, and no sodas, no supply drops, orbitals, back up, side kick, etc. Instead you earn those through saving/hurting random pedestrians in the world. You earn one soda per hero/villain act, after 5 a supply drop, 10 a back up/side kick and 20 a orbital strike. You can do that, or simply rush after anyone you see and take them on with nothing at all.

The bigger the group size is, the smaller the amount of players available per session. Solo and duos will be about equal, alerts and raid size groups will have a cap. Say if only 50 people can be in one phase, the cap for raids will be 6 groups of 8, and 12 groups of 4 for alerts. All modes can also be entered solo, but of course you likely have a much lower chance of winning a duo/alert/raid modes solo.

The battle area will get smaller and smaller forcing the action. Brainiac will continuously bottle the map around everyone..
    At the start the whole map is open and eventually a ring appears indicating what parts of the map will still be open for players to battle in. If you get stuck in brainiac's bottle while it is closing in on the ring, you slowly lose health and power. If you get stuck in the bottled area when it reaches the ring, brainiac comments about it and you get turned into a brainiac drone and you die. :D

Rewards: Placing in specific places, Marks of Valor and Loot Cache boxes. Just for playing, 25 Marks of Valor and individual higher amounts of Marks of Valor per higher placements.

The Loot Caches will also be for specific placements as well, with guaranteed random base items just for playing, and maybe even a specific new style designed just for this new mode and a chance to drop mp items like nth metal detectors, xp boosters, repair bots, etc.

I was also thinking maybe it could be the time to put a method of obtaining quarks through regular gameplay. So just for playing the new mode you get 1 quark, place in the top 10 you get 10 quarks, and if win and you get 25 quarks.

I am not sure what else to add just yet, but I am sure I could add more if needed.
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

People also said we could not sail around the world at one time too.
    Where would we be if everyone would have listened to that nonsense?

5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You are wrong yet again. The devs acknowledged and fixed the block breakers before already.

Its not normal to have nothing but rage, stealth spam and unkillable/uninterruptible atomics.

This is why mepps said the pvp community is too divided to bother fixing anything because seemingly new players like you with NO base understanding of pvp mechanics want a new pvp mode without thinking about for more than 3 minutes.
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Lore wise, doesn't work.
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You're the one that's wrong again. I can interrupt stealth, Atomic and rage ( which is a joke by the way ) any day of the week with any of the powers.

1.You need to now how to break that stuff.
    2. You have get your stats right.
    3. If your stacking might or precision you're wrong and that's a fact.
    4. The people complaining don't know how to use their stats to their advantage. They are the ones stacking might & or precision.
    5. You win fights by being smart and knowing when to do things not just swinging away with your eyes closed. Might & precision players that refuse to block, dodge or interrupt.

PVP is not perfect but it's sure in the hell a lot better than it was prior to the revamp....... and that's a fact.
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

These guys say hi. :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

10. BumblingB I got better.

Hi

And it still doesn't fit in lore.
    • Like x 1
  11. Noble One Committed Player

please for the love of ANY GOD NO!! enough with the damn battle royal games christ. its not the fix for everything and makes zero sense for this game in general.
  12. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Lol sure pal. Video or ****. Thats a lot of big talk
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sorry bud but I'm not the one whining about this and that. I'm trying to get something done in pvp without screaming everythings broken. DCUO cannot & will not fix anything if it is not going to have a chance at making something back in return.
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

LORE, what lore? there is no lore except in your mind. We are not talking about myths & legends. We are talking about comics and a video game that needs a little help on the PVP side.

Get out of here with that joke. When you have something to add that maybe would help then come back. Right now, all you are saying is noooo can't do that because it does not fit what I think it should be.

LPVE says high too.................. LOL, lore.
  15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

• DCUO is not a survival game
    • the engine begins to fail at more than 30 objects - resulting in invisibilty of objects and players
    • limited view distance
    • DCUO has no building mechanic
    • there are no transports or vehicles
    • currently there are only 2 teams
    • no suitable maps
    I as a player would not support the devs spending so much time and ressources on a PvP game mode that the engine won't be able to do anyways.
    Compare the correct things if you make comparisons - otherwise it is not helping.
    Name any MMORPG similar to DCUO which added a Battle Royale mode - shooters excluded.
    • Like x 1
  16. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You're not getting anything done except playing a popular game and asking a completely different game to be like the game you were just playing prior.

You're not some revolutionary with great ideas, you made a low-effort post that wasn't very well thought out
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Good excuse to fall back on in a comic based licensed game. "What lore?" Indeed.