PVP phase idea. Dump factions & change to Battle Royale mode

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Knarlydude, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Plowed In Loyal Player

8 teams of 8, more if the server can handle it, lol. Put a terminal near the Superman statue (like a sign up sheet). Villains and Heroes can group together.

If possible, would be pretty epic. They could spawn Anti-Monitor, Brainiac, Doomsday or other bosses to make it interesting, at time or damage/score checkpoints. Could be a take on the Earth 3 migration. We’ve always wanted large scale open world bounties, why not incorporate it into this?

Battle Royale/Survival Mode/Open World Bounties
    • Like x 1
  2. Vagrant Committed Player

A batle royale pvp mode would definitely bring a lot of breath into PVP, problem right now is though the major imbalances that the PVP community keeps trying to bring up.
  3. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Not a bad idea, but the reward would need to be worth it. Styles or gear is a bad idea as that makes it fairly temporary. If you had something like "Each KO grants 1 PVP Mark" or "X amount of KOs grants 2 PVP Marks" (ala the Bounty Posters) it'd be the best of both worlds. Anyone who prefers Open World PVP can gain marks, but obviously at a much slower rate. Arenas would be left as is, leaving it as the superior method to Mark-up fast.
  4. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

Yeah, because they can just plant a battle royale seed and it'll germinate in 1 week, they don't have to spend millions at all.

Daybreak already has H1Z1 and it's a complete fail compared to Fortnite/PUBG and maybe Realm Royale. Even if they had the resources to make a battle royale I doubt they would.
  5. DCUO Addict Committed Player

OK, that is a good name!

I know nothing about this type of game, but I would suggest using the torn up maps like Bludhaven, Smallville and Doomed Metro and setting it in the future during an alternate timeline version of the intro movie when Brainiac attacks

You'd barely even need a new trailer
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

How populated is the PVP phase again? There are just tons and tons of people totally raring to go for open world pvp right?

Actually, DCUO already has a dedicated pvp server for dueling. It's called test, lol.
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Not a bad idea at all in my opinion. Hell, this might even make me want to pvp again. Would they do it? I seriously doubt it, but that doesnt make it a bad idea. Props from me for effort.
  8. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

DCUO dont need a Battle Royal mode, it's already in the game before PUBG... it's called the PVP phase..
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

o_O if i had to chose this or let them fix pvp... um, i let them fix pvp. because this wont be fixing anything may cause more issues than what we already have.
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

DCUO:
    Assault & Battery
    Final Assault
    Doomsday

Heck..........go with the DC storyline

Justice League vs Suicide Squad

[IMG]
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yeah a loot table for individual pvp knockouts like NPC's have in open world would be awesome. PVP definitely needs this.
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Mr. Meeeepps already said PVP was not going to get fixed because people do not agree. As it stands right now PVP is going to be left to fester & die.

So, I figured they might as well look at going in another direction. Doing something like this Battle Royale would bring back that new car smell so to speak and possibly make it worthwhile to get stuff adjusted. DCUO cannot justify spending time on something if there is zero return on their investment. I think this would freshen up everything and breath new life into PVP just for the simple fact that everything would be new & different for the PVP part of the game.

Also, Doing something totally different would also give the devs a chance to start tying both sides of the game together.

As it stands right now PVP & PVE are not bound together by anything. DCUO needs to tie PVP & PVE together and make them both dependent on each other. This would entice players to start playing the whole game. This would also make the whole game fun, entertaining and.............. profitable not just one part.
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Just imagine..... with PS3 gone maybe there is a possibility. :)
  16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

While i understand what the idea is and trust me its not a bad one. but This isn't gonna fix anything as you said the devs kinda said that.

But to have a Battle royal with the stuff that is broken already all it is, it's kinda making a new map in my eyes, you still have the same broker powers/weapons, and that's what needs to be fixed i don't think giving us a battle royal will fix or change the direction pvp is headed and is still going.
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The powers are not broken. If they were broken PVE would be all jacked up as well and we all know PVE is not that bad. The deal with PVP is a lot of people refuse to look outside of the box and keep trying to do what worked for them during AM PVP. Well that's not working.

It's time to move on and do other things because doing the same thing that got PVP where it's at is not getting anything accomplished.

On top of that people are always going to say something is broken when they lose because they want to point the finger at something instead of thinking......Maybe it's me or my connections.

prime example. Legends PVP
    OMG CATWOMAN IS BROKEN!!!!
    Catwoman is fixed not really fixed. The damage was reduced.
    OMG BATMAN & ROBIN ARE BROKEN
    Heads up..... Batman & Robin are doing exactly what they were before Catwoman MA was tweaked.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

This is a good idea: a giant free-for-all

If you have a problem with the name "Battle Royale" (and it's not like a game that has only been around 2 or 3 years at the most invented the term), then go with "Royal Rumble" or simply "Brawl For All"

It doesn't have to 'fix' anything, just give PvP'ers something to do, and because it's just a giant brawl it doesn't matter about some powers being more, well, powerful or useful than others, because you could simply sneak around the edges picking off the injured or ganging up to take out the bigger players

Hael, something like this, might actually get me to join in!

One thing personally enjoyed with the old WAR, was the open world PvP brawls, it was just one glorious confused mess, and you didn't have to be at MEG to participate or even get a few (assisted) wins
    • Like x 1
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

LOL
  20. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

No. That can't work for many reasons.

What can work is PvP line in PlanetSide 2.
    For those who never tried it:
    • A large map
    • Buldings spread out all over it to capture and hold