PVP: PC vs. PS

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Red Jenni, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Until hk2hal said this, I really hadn't given any thought to how crossplay would affect PVP. PC seems like its much easier to hack than PS. Will PC hackers have an extreme advantage over PS players? I really don't want crossplay to ruin pvp. I know a little bit about computers, but I don't really see how PS can be hacked, unless people are connecting to the Devs' database to alter their own stats or something, and I just don't think there are more than a handful of people in this game that are that advanced with PCs to be able to pull that off.
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

You can hack on the PS however it is highly uncommon as it is much more difficult.

As far as the PC hacks are concerned do they exist? Yep. Are they utilized on a routine basis? No.

The Devs did a good job on keeping the hacks to a minimum over the last few years but people still attempt them from time to time. I imagine the Devs are gonna come down with a iron fist on anyone caught utilizing hacks after Cross Play hits. The last thing they want is for some idiots on PC using hacks and running off their PS players.
    • Like x 7
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Hackers tend to be easy to deal with as PvP is based on reaction and it's hard to react to anything you are moving at twice the speed.

What I truly worry about is PS players mistaking the PC player's clipping speed of speed hacks. It is incomparably easier to clip and react with a keyboard and mouse in comparison to a controller.
    • Like x 1
  4. PortgasD Well-Known Player

I think PC hackers would have a big advantage over everyone, not just PS players.
    There actually was one guy who used to speed hack a lot in 1v1 queues, but I havent seen him around in a while. The hackers mostly get taken care of pretty quickly.
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Macros, speed-hacking and whatnot aside (not really worried about that), I think performance will be an issue. On PS3, I find myself playing the player, guessing what they're gonna do, rather than looking for the tell. PS3 against PC, I'm pretty sure all I'll be able to do is swing wildly and hope something sticks.
    • Like x 4
  6. Soul Dedicated Player

Uhm x:
    Brice, when was the last time you PvP'd on live?

There's a good chance you'll encounter a speed hacker on a daily basis if you que PvP, and there's a 100% chance you will if you're a frequent open world player.

Heck, I even know a couple personally.. that I've been trying convince to stop for months /:

If only it was so.. Unfortunately I know exactly how "good hackers" utilize them, and they only speed it up to get up faster from the hard stuns, or clip in more than normally possible in counter damage..

Seriously, don't take away from how bad Hacking is or what it can do to this game.

Devs really need to answer the speed hacking infestation on live atm..

- - - -

Jenni, I don't think it would be a good idea to stop the merge just because of a few rotten apples.. But the Devs do need to finally stop these hackers. some of them have been around for years, with video proof portraying their actions.
    • Like x 2
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

And why haven't you reported them? o_O
    • Like x 2
  8. Soul Dedicated Player

I show my discontentment and I tell friends to stop when they do something wrong, but I'm not going to get them banned. :(
  9. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

Lagswitching on PS is easy more time to master it. They fiddle with the ecord and put a switch on it or something like that.
  10. Dibrie Committed Player

lmao i get the same feeling tho xD
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Guess we just differ there then because I'd report any of my friends in game if I caught them utilizing a speed hack on a normal basis. First time I'd warn them that they should stop. But if I caught them doing it again. I'd report them in a heart beat.
    • Like x 10
  12. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Lol, while I was scrimmaging some guy and was winning, he lagged every time I was about to give him counter punishment. It was a weird kind of lag because it happened so conveniently to benefit him and did not affect his gameplay only mine. I know it wasnt me because I have pretty solid wifi. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said gg after the scrimmage, but now that I know lag switching is posssible, Im regretting that decision..
    • Like x 2
  13. WнуѕOѕєяιoυ5 Well-Known Player

Already I see how ppl will complain'
    If they merge PC with PS it will be tragedy, these are two different worlds (Combat).
    • Like x 1
  14. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I never said to stop it. I'm looking forward to it.
    I don't think we're complaining. I think we're trying to prepare ourselves for the possibilities.

I've heard that hackers are very difficult to deal with, because its hard to prove someone hacked. And while what you say about speed IS true, I come up against someone, from time to time, that seems to beat me so quickly and handily that its hard to imagine how. I'm not saying these people hacked the PS but I'm 2 pieces of gear away from 100 pvp cr and fully modded. No one should be able to beat me in 2 hits. That just doesn't seem right.
  15. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Are you talking about live PvP??

It's possible to beat you in 1 hit if that's the case :D Test is completely different
  16. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

17. Soul Dedicated Player

You do you..

Also, Wulgar.
    (Tho I guess duped money is on a different moral scale)
    • Like x 2
  18. Red Jenni Loyal Player

In my opinion, it should not be possible to one shot someone with a pvp cr 99, especially when they're fully modded (and most of my mods include health btw).
  19. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

It shouldn't be possible to one shot anyone full stop, regardless of gear differences inside of arenas.

As stated, this is fixed in the test build.
    • Like x 1
  20. BigAl Devoted Player

I've reported old league mates that I thought were.

Not reporting some one you know is hacking is almost as bad as doing it yourself. How is the problem going to be fixed if we just turn cheek?

Jenni- Not everyone in the world cheats, but not everyone is innocent. Only thing you can do is report and hope for the best. There is always some jerk trying to ruin things for everyone else.
    • Like x 1